• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Disneyland admission tops $200 a day

Talent312

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC & GTS
My husband and I are taking my son, DIL and two small grandchildren to Disney World March 7th for four days. For what it is costing we could have a very nice Caribbean vacation...

Wait a few months and take that vacation, too. A year later, you won't miss the $$.

For what we paid to upgrade a flight to bus-class (lie-flat), I could buy a few 70" 4K TV's.
Now, we'll have to wait for Black Friday. <sigh>

bbodb1

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
High radiation belt of the Northern Hemisphere
Resorts Owned
RCI Weeks: LaCosta Beach Club, RCI Points: Oakmont Resort, Vacation Village at Parkway. Wyndham: CWA and La Belle Maison, and WorldMark.

bbodb1

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
High radiation belt of the Northern Hemisphere
Resorts Owned
RCI Weeks: LaCosta Beach Club, RCI Points: Oakmont Resort, Vacation Village at Parkway. Wyndham: CWA and La Belle Maison, and WorldMark.
My husband and I are taking my son, DIL and two small grandchildren to Disneyworld March 7th for four days. For what it is costing we could have a very nice Caribbean vacation and we haven't even added in the food and souvenirs. My granddaughter is not yet two so we are saving on her flight and admission. It will be a blast seeing Disney through their eyes. I do very few rides myself. Not sure how many the kiddies can go on but there is so much there to see and enjoy.
P.S. You think it is crowded now, wait till next year, their 50th anniversary!

@caribbeanqueen - First and foremost, I hope all of you enjoy your time at DW to the fullest.

Since you are a TUG'er. I suspect advance planning is a part of your DNA. In order to maximize the likelihood of the best trip possible, a trip to DW requires a well thought out plan of attack. You mention your GD is under two. The wife and I took our oldest when he was two and I can recall a few things that served us well. Consider the following:

While it is NOT as hot and humid in March as it is on the summer, your grandkids will need a break in the middle of the day to rest and recuperate (and perhaps you as well!). The park hours in March are not as long as in the summer so in order to best enjoy the park, get there early and go as long as you can until y'all need a break. You did not mention where you are staying but it is a real time saver if you are staying on the property so you do not to deal with going to your car, going back to the condo, then reverse all of that to get back to the park. These days that process consumes much more time because the crowds are larger.

Another useful reminder for you is baby swap (which I believe is now known by the term rider switch). That may not be of much help for your youngest GC (under 2?) but you did not say how old the other one is.

Lots of advice out there for your consumption - read as much as you can, take what advice makes sense and I hope you enjoy your vacation and time with the grandkids to the fullest!

CPNY

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Harborside Resort at Atlantis
SVV - Key West/Bella
WKV
Regal Vista at Massanutten
I wish Disneyland had an "old fart" ticket app that got us into the park at a reasonable price to wander around, spend money on meals and souvenirs, and go on three rides. They can block me from all Star Wars rides as far as I'm concenrned. Small World, Haunted Mansion, Tiki Hut and I'm happy. I need lots of sitting time between walks, and can't stand for longer than 15 minutes in one place. I'd love to go again just to wander around, and I don't mind going mid-week in winter as long as it isn't raining.
You really should go on the Star Wars ride. It’s phenomenal

caribbeanqueen

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Surf Club
Thank you bbodb1 for your suggestions. My grandson will be 5 in May.
I got a good deal at The Swan so we are staying there. I know it makes it so much easier to stay within Disney.
We may find we have to go back and take a break during the day. I wouldn't mind sitting by the pool and reading a book but we only have 4 days there due to my son not wanting to take more than 5 work days off from work.
I booked fast passes in between breakfast, lunch and dinner so we may end up losing some of those if we have to go back and I had to book dinner around 5:30 in case we go the full day and they need an early bedtime. My daughter-in-law was a bit stressed worrying if they would hold up throughout the entire day and losing the fast passes. I told her we will do what we can and not to worry. Whatever happens happens, they are kids and we are there for them to have fun not to be overly tired and cranky and not enjoy themselves. We are all really excited to go and see Disney through their eyes.