• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Disney Wish

TravelTime

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
All Resale: MVC DPs, Marriott Ko Olina, Marriott Marbella, WKOVR-N, Four Seasons Aviara
I am totally surprised that Concierge class on the new Disney Wish is sold out for all sailing dates. I have not yet cruised on Disney Cruise Line so I had to wait until today to see if I could book a Concierge stateroom. No luck. All the other categories still have space but I wanted Concierge. I guess I will have to wait until they open more sailing dates. The ironic thing is that Disney doubled the number of Concierge staterooms on the Wish. I would have thought it would not book up immediately. For any experienced Disney cruisers, is it typical for a new ship to sell out its Concierge class so fast? Is it because 3 and 4 night cruises make booking Concierge class more affordable relative to 7 night cruises?

RX8

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC and DVC
Prices on the Wish are insane. The fact that they are selling out tells you how many Disney fans there are out there. I think that the Platinum and Gold DCL cruisers booked those before the bookings opened up for others (they get priority booking a few days in advance).

Since you haven’t yet sailed on DCL my recommendation is to save some money and book a concierge on one of the other ships. All the other ships are very nice and feel new, at least to me. We have been on the Fantasy, Magic, and Dream. We have our 6th cruise booked on the Wonder (San Diego) for next March. Our Alaska cruise on the Wonder was supposed to be June 14th but was cancelled. We have never done concierge but that is on our bucket list to try some day.

easyrider

TUG Review Crew: Elite
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Worldmark * * Villa Del Palmar UVCI * * Vacation Internationale*
Is Concierge the highest class to book ? I thought that there was a class above.

Bill

TravelTime

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
All Resale: MVC DPs, Marriott Ko Olina, Marriott Marbella, WKOVR-N, Four Seasons Aviara
Prices on the Wish are insane. The fact that they are selling out tells you how many Disney fans there are out there. I think that the Platinum and Gold DCL cruisers booked those before the bookings opened up for others (they get priority booking a few days in advance).

Since you haven’t yet sailed on DCL my recommendation is to save some money and book a concierge on one of the other ships. All the other ships are very nice and feel new, at least to me. We have been on the Fantasy, Magic, and Dream. We have our 6th cruise booked on the Wonder (San Diego) for next March. Our Alaska cruise on the Wonder was supposed to be June 14th but was cancelled. We have never done concierge but that is on our bucket list to try some day.

We are booked in a 1 BR concierge on Disney Fantasy (Eastern Caribbean) in January 2022. Since January is not so popular, I feel we got a great price on that sailing. Summer sailings cost double.

Reactions: RX8

rhonda

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Worldmark, DVC, Grand Pacific Palisades // Gone: Warner Springs Ranch, Seapointer (SA), WinPointVIP (?)
Could it also be that folks with large DVC accounts had a surplus of points that must be spent ... ?
FWIW, we stayed at the Hotel Del Coronado (San Diego) earlier this year using our carried-over DVC points. Use them or lose them, right?

TravelTime

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Is Concierge the highest class to book ? I thought that there was a class above.

Bill

That is the highest but within concierge class there are family staterooms, 1 BR, 2BR and royal suites.

TravelTime

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Could it also be that folks with large DVC accounts had a surplus of points that must be spent ... ?
FWIW, we stayed at the Hotel Del Coronado (San Diego) earlier this year using our carried-over DVC points. Use them or lose them, right?

I doubt they would have enough points for Concierge class. Maybe for other staterooms though.

RX8

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC and DVC
We are booked in a 1 BR concierge on Disney Fantasy (Eastern Caribbean) in January 2022. Since January is not so popular, I feel we got a great price on that sailing. Summer sailings cost double.

You’ll have to let me know what you think of concierge. We usually book the best value so we did the Western Caribbean Fantasy cruise January 2020, right before the world stopped. Weather was warm but is unpredictable at that time. We couldn’t dock in Jamaica or Grand Cayman due to high waves.

Limace

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
DVC-Grand Californian
DVC-Animal Kingdom Kidani
I believe concierge class sold out within hours of booking opening.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Limace

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
DVC-Grand Californian
And a concierge verandah stateroom was ....$13,000 for the maiden voyage.

mark201235

TUG Member
Reaction score
I'm looking for cabins for the 6/20/22 4 night sailing and am coming up empty? "Staterooms are not available or staterooms for your party size are not available". Started with 4 cabins and worked my way down to a single cabin. Showing no availability.

alwysonvac

TUG Lifetime Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WORLDMARK, HGVC, VISTANA

SOLD (DVC, FSRC)
Yeah, I’m not surprised. Castaway Club members are always given early booking access.

Disney Wish bookings officially began on the following days for the groups listed below:
  • May 17, 2021: Platinum Members w/ 25+ cruises by phone only
  • May 18, 2021: Platinum Members w/ 20+ cruises by phone only
  • May 19, 2021: Platinum Members w/ 15+ cruises by phone only
  • May 20, 2021: Platinum Members (All) by phone or online
  • May 24, 2021: Gold Members by phone or online
  • May 25, 2021: DVC and Adventure Insiders
  • May 26, 2021: Silver Members
  • May 27, 2021: General Public
You can usually find a master thread on the DISBOARDS with folks sharing their early access pricing quotes.

Limace

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
DVC-Grand Californian
And I think it sold out (concierge class) on May 17-or at least that’s what I heard on a podcast from travel agents.

Reaction score
I was sold out for late August too

There were a ton of people with cruise credits that are going to expire so they splurged. But I am also surprised at the demand for concierge rooms.

RX8

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC and DVC
I was sold out for late August too

There were a ton of people with cruise credits that are going to expire so they splurged. But I am also surprised at the demand for concierge rooms.

My June Alaska cruise was canceled and I got a 125% credit for a future DCL cruise. Likely many like myself that have a little more to spend on DCL than they had originally.

Reaction score
My June Alaska cruise was canceled and I got a 125% credit for a future DCL cruise. Likely many like myself that have a little more to spend on DCL than they had originally.

Nice to see someone finally "beat the mouse"

alwysonvac

TUG Lifetime Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WORLDMARK, HGVC, VISTANA

SOLD (DVC, FSRC)
And I think it sold out (concierge class) on May 17-or at least that’s what I heard on a podcast from travel agents.

Yes, it was mentioned in the first few posts in the Disboard thread posted earlier (see post #12)

mdurette

Sighting Expert & TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
It doesn't surprise me that all concierge filled up right away, first dibs went to Platinum members and if you have that many cruises you are probably a serious Disney fanatic.

The other family we go on DCL with always book concierge, they like it for the lounge, special treatment and the ability to get a Cabana at Castaway Key. I am WAY TO CHEAP to pay those rates. Heck, I'm not even impressed with the price of DCL compared to other cruise lines. But, with that said.....we will go on the Wish, I'm gold and could have booked next summer already, but decided not to pull the trigger yet. I want to see what their fall and winter sailings will look like.

I did however book this week the same vacation that was cancelled March 2020 this week. 5 nights in Disneyland and then 5 night cruise out of San Diego for March 2022. It feels great to spend some of my time travel planning again!

When my March 2020 cancelled I had the option of 125% to be used within a year or take 100% back. At that point, I looked at pricing within the year and when I could cruise and I decided to take the 100% and get my money back. If I would have only known way back when that the "year" to use it would have turned into almost 2 I would have taken the 125%. All well.....time to stock up on discounted Disney gift cards.......

RX8

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC and DVC
5 nights in Disneyland and then 5 night cruise out of San Diego for March 2022.

We are sailing on the March 20, 2022 DCL cruise out of San Diego. Is that your cruise?

TravelTime

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Disney canceled a cruise on us for this past January. So I took the 125% and re-booked for January 2022. Since we booked 1BR concierge, we got an almost $4000 credit. I will use that to add my younger daughter on the cruise and probably have a little left over.