• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

[2020] Disney on ii

Renzo

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Westin lagunamar/Marriott
Going through ii directory I saw Disney vacation club in Orlando.....I wonder why?
Has anyone heard anything?

Panina

TUG Review Crew: Elite
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Hgvc Anderson, Blue Ride Village Resort
Going through ii directory I saw Disney vacation club in Orlando.....I wonder why?
Has anyone heard anything?
There is no detailed info shown and if you try to enter the code for a search you get “No resort found for names/codes entered.”

This is what it looks like in the directory.
BC695458-CC16-43A3-87AF-1C61E03D5CD0.jpeg

rhonda

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Worldmark, DVC, Grand Pacific Palisades // Gone: Warner Springs Ranch, Seapointer (SA), WinPointVIP (?)
What was the date on the II Catalog? DVC did trade through II until ~2006'ish.

Edited to add: Oh, never mind. You meant the online directory (duh!) ... not the printed version.
Yeah, just assume these are artifacts from "once upon a time." I'm guessing that II might show artifacts from the earliest DVC properties up to SSR (opened 2004), perhaps, but not beyond?

CPNY

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Harborside Resort at Atlantis
SVV - Key West/Bella
WKV
Regal Vista at Massanutten
I think it’s just old. I don’t see DVC ever coming back to II. I wish they did but I doubt it will happen.

pedro47

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
I just saw the same photo on II website.
It is the Bay Lake Tower at Disney Contemporary Resort.
It is the only Disney resort listed on the II website.
Just checked DVC exchanges only with RCI.

Last edited:

Dean

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Interesting. DVC started with RCI Jan, 2009. BLT didn't open until 2009. Maybe they'd preloaded it before the change over and just never removed it. I know the existing resorts stayed on the website a couple of years after the change over. But if they'd preloaded it, they would have added additional information over what is displayed on II.

Panina

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Interesting. DVC started with RCI Jan, 2009. BLT didn't open until 2009. Maybe they'd preloaded it before the change over and just never removed it. I know the existing resorts stayed on the website a couple of years after the change over. But if they'd preloaded it, they would have added additional information over what is displayed on II.
It has the highest newer designation which I believe was after 2009 but an algorithm could be loading that.

Panina

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
I just emailed II sending them the image asking. Wishful thinking

Dean

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
I just emailed II sending them the image asking. Wishful thinking
You'll likely hear back it's an error. Either way it's an error that it shouldn't be there or it shouldn't be there yet. I'm certain they won't give you any advance information if anything is pending. I'm not certain when the current RCI contract ends for DVC. While I wouldn't be surprised if DVC flipped back, I don't think it's overly likely. Still they were with RCI, then changed to II then back to RCI. I do not see them being dually affiliated.

rickandcindy23

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham Founder; Disney OKW & SSR; Marriott's Willow Ridge,Shadow Ridge,Grand Chateau;Val Chatelle; Hono Koa OF (3); SBR(LOTS), SDO a few; Grand Palms; WKORV-OF (2),Westin Desert Willow.
Wishful thinking. I loved it when DVC was with II. All you had to have was a decent trader, and one-to-one exchanges. I loved it, and II cared about those who rented DVC and stopped them. If you turned someone in on Redweek or ebay, II would put an end to the rental. It was as simple as that.

Panina

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wishes and dreams
Wishful thinking. I loved it when DVC was with II. All you had to have was a decent trader, and one-to-one exchanges. I loved it, and II cared about those who rented DVC and stopped them. If you turned someone in on Redweek or ebay, II would put an end to the rental. It was as simple as that.
Wishes and dreams can come true. If not this time, maybe next time.

Renzo

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Westin lagunamar/Marriott
If only....

rickandcindy23

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham Founder; Disney OKW & SSR; Marriott's Willow Ridge,Shadow Ridge,Grand Chateau;Val Chatelle; Hono Koa OF (3); SBR(LOTS), SDO a few; Grand Palms; WKORV-OF (2),Westin Desert Willow.
DVC loves RCI. I am surprised that owners' complaints have been on deaf ears. I have complained to DVC about all of the rentals on Redweek and other places. I know others have told them, but the people at the DVC desk don't care.

Dean

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
DVC loves RCI. I am surprised that owners' complaints have been on deaf ears. I have complained to DVC about all of the rentals on Redweek and other places. I know others have told them, but the people at the DVC desk don't care.
RCI is a better fit for DVC. More options to rent when they need to dispose of inventory, a better tie in to the points system, more willingness to customize to DVC and most owners don't exchange anyway. And while I prefer II overall, the main reason I do is Marriott. And now that Marriott & Vistana/Westin are tied together with an internal preference, the opportunity to exchange to either of those systems is very limited other than short notice or high availability low demand situations. Even more limited than it was years ago when DVC left II. If you take DVC, Marriott, Westin & Vistana out of the equation is II really better than RCI?

rickandcindy23

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
I have yet to see any effect of the Westin/ Marriott exchange priority. It's too early to tell. Ongoing searches are always the key to getting the good stuff. I will just enter my ongoing searches 2 years out. That should do it.

Panina

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
RCI is a better fit for DVC. More options to rent when they need to dispose of inventory, a better tie in to the points system, more willingness to customize to DVC and most owners don't exchange anyway. And while I prefer II overall, the main reason I do is Marriott. And now that Marriott & Vistana/Westin are tied together with an internal preference, the opportunity to exchange to either of those systems is very limited other than short notice or high availability low demand situations. Even more limited than it was years ago when DVC left II. If you take DVC, Marriott, Westin & Vistana out of the equation is II really better than RCI?
Yes, in my opinion it II is still better. It is a fairer system for people that own the more desirable weeks thus I believe they get more deposits for the nicer resorts that are dual affiliated with RCI and II. I will admit RCI has more units and more selection but II still has overall a better quality.

Panina

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
I have yet to see any effect of the Westin/ Marriott exchange priority. It's too early to tell. Ongoing searches are always the key to getting the good stuff. I will just enter my ongoing searches 2 years out. That should do it.
Two years out has always worked for me to get great trades In II.

Theiggy

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Aruba Surf Club
Marriott Frenchman’s Cove
I wish! I feel like that listing is new though. I’ve never seen it before. I would be such a happy camper if DVC was in II.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Dean

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
My point was that if you take MVC & Westin/Vistana out of the mix for Disney owners, there isn't any difference in terms of quality or options between II & RCI. And given the internal preferences for the 3 and the added preference from MVC to W/V & vice versa, you'd really need to remove them from any comparison of the 2 systems as a non owner within those resorts. They will largely be an entity unto themselves in II other than under the 60 day window and maybe for off season & lower demand resorts which aren't what most people want statistically.

Dean

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Yes, in my opinion it II is still better. It is a fairer system for people that own the more desirable weeks thus I believe they get more deposits for the nicer resorts that are dual affiliated with RCI and II. I will admit RCI has more units and more selection but II still has overall a better quality.
Other than the internal trading of MVC & it's related resorts, I'm tending to think RCI is a better and more fair system. More individualized trade power, more transparency on the trade power, more availability at closer to 2 years out, the ability to combine and extend deposits. Remember that II limits your trade options but doesn't disclose that they do or how they do so.

Panina

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Other than the internal trading of MVC & it's related resorts, I'm tending to think RCI is a better and more fair system. More individualized trade power, more transparency on the trade power, more availability at closer to 2 years out, the ability to combine and extend deposits. Remember that II limits your trade options but doesn't disclose that they do or how they do so.

I own high demand times and locations. For owners like me RCI is not fair in the tpu system.

RCI immediately diminishes my value as soon as I deposit, charging more for my week then the tpus they give me.

I am competing for prime weeks with others that paid for the luxury to combine their weeks.

They aren’t as transparent as you think. Between points, tpus and all the different system portals such as hgvc and what RCI rents they really do not have transparency. Which system gets what first? What do they rent that we never get a chance to trade into?

All I know is I have over a hundred tpus and can hardly find anything equivalent to what I own. For prime weeks, for example DVC, they charge 55 tpus. They wouldn’t give me close to that for a February Marco Island prime resort but through the hgvc portal I get DVC for 3400 points, a bargain next to the tpu system, so not fair to tpu customers.

Plus if you to change your week, not due to an emergency (so insurance doesn’t work), it always costs you the trade fee. II offers eplus.

I have eliminated all but one week that only trades through RCI and will be looking to get rid of it this year.

I always get matches in II and even find great things in open inventory.

Now for people that own weeks that aren’t prime, time and area I understand why RCI works great for them as in II it is like for like. Unfortunately I believe these prime timeshare weeks more often end up deposited in II thus the shortage in RCI.

CPNY

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Harborside Resort at Atlantis
SVV - Key West/Bella
WKV
Regal Vista at Massanutten
I own high demand times and locations. For owners like me RCI is not fair in the tpu system.

RCI immediately diminishes my value as soon as I deposit, charging more for my week then the tpus they give me.

I am competing for prime weeks with others that paid for the luxury to combine their weeks.

They aren’t as transparent as you think. Between points, tpus and all the different system portals such as hgvc and what RCI rents they really do not have transparency. Which system gets what first? What do they rent that we never get a chance to trade into?

All I know is I have over a hundred tpus and can hardly find anything equivalent to what I own. For prime weeks, for example DVC, they charge 55 tpus. They wouldn’t give me close to that for a February Marco Island prime resort but through the hgvc portal I get DVC for 3400 points, a bargain next to the tpu system, so not fair to tpu customers.

Plus if you to change your week, not due to an emergency (so insurance doesn’t work), it always costs you the trade fee. II offers eplus.

I have eliminated all but one week that only trades through RCI and will be looking to get rid of it this year.

I always get matches in II and even find great things in open inventory.

Now for people that own weeks that aren’t prime, time and area I understand why RCI works great for them as in II it is like for like. Unfortunately I believe these prime timeshare weeks more often end up deposited in II thus the shortage in RCI.
I just won an auction for an RCI trader last night. From all I’ve researched and read I think I’ll be using my RCI points strictly for DVC if I can. If it doesn’t work out how I want, I’m breaking out if it. I think I completely have way too many RCI points for what I’m going to use it for lol. I hope I can rent out my RCI points to cover maint fees at least

amycurl

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Doesn't II have a TUG-specific rep/thread, or am I making this up? This seems like the perfect question for that person.

Because the switch to RCI was well over a decade ago, I'm inclined to believe it's a new listing....let the speculation BEGIN! :D

Panina

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Doesn't II have a TUG-specific rep/thread, or am I making this up? This seems like the perfect question for that person.

Because the switch to RCI was well over a decade ago, I'm inclined to believe it's a new listing....let the speculation BEGIN! :D
yes There is a tug rep. That is where I sent the inquiry.

emoneybug

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Disney - Saratoga Springs 365pts (resale)
How’s it working out trading for dvc?

I just won an auction for an RCI trader last night. From all I’ve researched and read I think I’ll be using my RCI points strictly for DVC if I can. If it doesn’t work out how I want, I’m breaking out if it. I think I completely have way too many RCI points for what I’m going to use it for lol. I hope I can rent out my RCI points to cover maint fees at least