• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

[2020] Disney on ii

paxsarah

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham Ocean Boulevard, Flagstaff, Grand Desert
I just won an auction for an RCI trader last night.
How’s it working out trading for dvc?

I'm pretty sure that they haven't had the opportunity to trade for DVC when they won an auction 36 hours ago.

I've done okay with it, though. I've been able to get SSR when I want it during school breaks and I've got an exchange into BRV coming up next month (yes, I know I'm very, very lucky).

CPNY

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Harborside Resort at Atlantis
SVV - Key West/Bella
WKV
Regal Vista at Massanutten
How’s it working out trading for dvc?
I just won it last night. To be honest, with the amount of points I’ll have, I should be able to pick up 85K rooms that no one else will want to spend the points on so it could work out well lol. We shall see, even if it doesn’t it’s 178K points for 985 maint. Seemed to be the best RCI point ownership I’ve seen. Why? Do you want it? I’ll allow you to buy it haha. I didn’t even sign the contract yet lol.

CPNY

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
SVV - Key West/Bella
WKV
I'm pretty sure that they haven't had the opportunity to trade for DVC when they won an auction 36 hours ago.

I've done okay with it, though. I've been able to get SSR when I want it during school breaks and I've got an exchange into BRV coming up next month (yes, I know I'm very, very lucky).
Exactly. I don’t know yet lol. I’d prefer if DVC went back to interval but I doubt they will. Most who own DVC aren’t trading out of DVC, it seems like DVC has more control over the units in RCI than they would in II? I don’t think Wyndham would allow DVC to leave. It would hurt RCI immensely.

CPNY

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
SVV - Key West/Bella
WKV
From Mark Delcampo of II, “This is an error”.
Unless they are keeping things quiet! Time to pick up an II trader? Lol. I think DVC likes the RCI method of TPU and Point currency for reservations.

emoneybug

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Disney - Saratoga Springs 365pts (resale)
I’m new to HGVC/RCI. Have not traded yet but yeah I’ve seen Saratoga 1 bedroom for many weeks April to June and it looks like they just added more June to July today.

ive also seen some OGS emails that say other resorts available for 3/1 but by the time I see the email and I click to RCI I can’t verify. Maybe those are error emails? I’m still trying to figure out what’s real and what’s not with this TS system.

CPNY

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
SVV - Key West/Bella
WKV
I’m new to HGVC/RCI. Have not traded yet but yeah I’ve seen Saratoga 1 bedroom for many weeks April to June and it looks like they just added more June to July today.

ive also seen some OGS emails that say other resorts available for 3/1 but by the time I see the email and I click to RCI I can’t verify. Maybe those are error emails? I’m still trying to figure out what’s real and what’s not with this TS system.
Pay for tug membership and you will have access to the sightings page. I began a spreadsheet to track what is available and what Is deposited.

travelhacker

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
I’ve looked at the Orlando listings several times and never seen “DVE” for Disney Vacation Club, so that’s definitely new.

Personally, I think DVC is a much better fit in II than RCI. I think most casual DVC owners would be reasonably happy with some of the higher end offerings in II, and I don’t know that I’d be all that happy with much besides HGVC if I was a DVC owner (I know there are some decent, smaller resorts that are an exception).

While I think it would make a lot of sense for DVC to move back, I’m not holding my breath.

My gut says that a programmer set a flag on a row in the prod database, and didn’t catch it, which is why it’s missing a lot of information. As a programmer, I can say that programmers do dumb things on a fairly regular basis if they aren’t paying close attention.

Panina

TUG Review Crew: Elite
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Hgvc Anderson, Blue Ride Village Resort
I’ve looked at the Orlando listings several times and never seen “DVE” for Disney Vacation Club, so that’s definitely new.

Personally, I think DVC is a much better fit in II than RCI. I think most casual DVC owners would be reasonably happy with some of the higher end offerings in II, and I don’t know that I’d be all that happy with much besides HGVC if I was a DVC owner (I know there are some decent, smaller resorts that are an exception).

While I think it would make a lot of sense for DVC to move back, I’m not holding my breath.

My gut says that a programmer set a flag on a row in the prod database, and didn’t catch it, which is why it’s missing a lot of information. As a programmer, I can say that programmers do dumb things on a fairly regular basis if they aren’t paying close attention.
I also know it was not out there. Even if it’s in the works we would still be told it is an error. I was a programmer. A series of errors would have to be done for it to appear. The designation of elite resort shows what ever happened was not left over from before, something happened recently.

Last edited:

CPNY

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
SVV - Key West/Bella
WKV

Idk... does DVC really want their owners exchanging into other resorts? I think they would rather their owners renting points so others who don’t own visit and spend money, or owners themselves go and spend money. Having owners constantly exchanging may make owners think, why bother owning DVC if I’m not going as much anymore? Which would flood the resale market. By having RCI which let’s face it, has inferior resorts to II, namely MVC, Vistana, and Hyatt; most owners will not exchange and use their points for multiple trips or rented to others. Points exchanged into an exchange program = less people at Disney. More points used at Disney.....well you get the idea.

Theiggy

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Aruba Surf Club
Marriott Frenchman’s Cove
I also know it was not out there Even if it’s in the works we would still be told it is an error. I was a programmer. A series of error would have to be done for it to appear. The designation of elite resort shows what ever happened was not left over from before, something happened recently.

Yep. I’m still keeping my fingers crossed.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

tschwa2

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
A few in S and VA, a single resort in NC, MD, PA, and UT, plus Jamaica and the Bahamas
My guess is that the code is only a sign that DVC might show up as a rental (and not a cheap one). I don't think it is any indication that DVC may return to II for exchanges.

CPNY

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
SVV - Key West/Bella
WKV
Yep. I’m still keeping my fingers crossed.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I don’t see it happening. Then again, MVC could have lobbied for that hard which would make them untouchable. Maybe it could be dual affiliated and ONLY MVC family of brands can book DVC.

ACTUALLY..... it’s going to def happen. I bought an RCI trader today. So yup it’s def leaving RCI

travelhacker

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
I also know it was not out there. Even if it’s in the works we would still be told it is an error. I was a programmer. A series of errors would have to be done for it to appear. The designation of elite resort shows what ever happened was not left over from before, something happened recently.
I agree -- there would have had to have been a series of missteps for it to appear. It'll be interesting to see if there is anything else that pops up.

Dean

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
They aren’t as transparent as you think. Between points, tpus and all the different system portals such as hgvc and what RCI rents they really do not have transparency. Which system gets what first? What do they rent that we never get a chance to trade into?

All I know is I have over a hundred tpus and can hardly find anything equivalent to what I own. For prime weeks, for example DVC, they charge 55 tpus. They wouldn’t give me close to that for a February Marco Island prime resort but through the hgvc portal I get DVC for 3400 points, a bargain next to the tpu system, so not fair to tpu customers.
My comments were comparing II to RCI and IMO, RCI is far more transparent. You know what TPU you'll get for a given deposit and how much/when it's reduced in value. If you do an instant match, you know what the cost is and you'll get back any difference. For an OGS you can get an idea of the cost but not an exact as it's a fluid system with reduced costs as you get closer in many cases. With II you do not know any of this and the TDI certainly doesn't tell you as it only gives you the ability to compare for that specific area. You can get an idea based on experience and you can make some assumptions based on other information. I have mostly used RCI weeks for HI & trading in to DVC and ave not had any issues but I put in my OGS 1.5 to 2 years out and I do a manual search a few times a week. But it's not a perfect system, there isn't one.

CPNY

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
SVV - Key West/Bella
WKV
My comments were comparing II to RCI and IMO, RCI is far more transparent. You know what TPU you'll get for a given deposit and how much/when it's reduced in value. If you do an instant match, you know what the cost is and you'll get back any difference. For an OGS you can get an idea of the cost but not an exact as it's a fluid system with reduced costs as you get closer in many cases. With II you do not know any of this and the TDI certainly doesn't tell you as it only gives you the ability to compare for that specific area. You can get an idea based on experience and you can make some assumptions based on other information. I have mostly used RCI weeks for HI & trading in to DVC and ave not had any issues but I put in my OGS 1.5 to 2 years out and I do a manual search a few times a week. But it's not a perfect system, there isn't one.
I would have to agree. With interval everyone runs “test searches” and reports what they see and what they are using to search. The old “I could see X with my Y but not my Z” is the only way to know in interval.

ocdb8r

TUG Member
Reaction score
My vote - SOMEthing is up. This has already been removed online. NOTHING moves that fast at II unless there is a reason - someone screwed something up. This is the EXACT image from Disney's DVC website; Bay Lake Tower was not fully built when DVC left II previously and so this picture couldn't have existed until AFTER DVC had left II. I also note that we knew publicly DVC was leaving II by mid-December 2008, which means II knew before that.....WAY before Bay Lake was near complete.

I don't think it means for sure we're going to see DVC in II, but someone at II loaded this (recently).

Last edited:

CPNY

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
SVV - Key West/Bella
WKV
My vote - SOMEthing is up. This has already been removed online. NOTHING moves that fast at II unless there is a reason - someone screwed something up. This is the EXACT image from Disney's DVC website; Bay Lake Tower was not fully built when DVC left II previously and so this picture couldn't have existed until AFTER DVC had left II. I also note that we knew publicly DVC was leaving II by mid-December 2008, which means II knew before that.....WAY before Bay Lake was near complete.

I don't think it means for sure we're going to see DVC in II, but someone at II loaded this (recently).
Maybe they will have dual affiliation? Maybe DVC knows RCI has been skimming units to rent for themselves and is pullout out of the contract.

paxsarah

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham Ocean Boulevard, Flagstaff, Grand Desert
Maybe DVC knows RCI has been skimming units to rent for themselves
Do we even know this? Or is this complete speculation?

CPNY

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
SVV - Key West/Bella
WKV
Do we even know this? Or is this complete speculation?
Speculation at best. Apparently RCI has been accused of this in the past I heard? Add in the fact that people are complaining about a company renting multiple weeks on eBay that look to be RCI exchanged weeks based on the rules. It’s a possibility, one I wouldn’t put past any company.

Panina

TUG Review Crew: Elite
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Hgvc Anderson, Blue Ride Village Resort
The only facts we have are
it wasn’t listed on II until recently and was pulled once I inquired
it shows the pic of the resort that happened after DVC left II
it has the highest designation that also was not around when DVC left II
II says it is an error
and
many more dvc seem to be showing up in RCI.

Another theory
Maybe II is working on a sales pitch to lure DVC back and this was the start of part of a II presentation Package.

CPNY

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
SVV - Key West/Bella
WKV
The only facts we have are
it wasn’t listed on II until recently and was pulled once I inquired
it shows the pic of the resort that happened after DVC left II
it has the highest designation that also was not around when DVC left II
II says it is an error
and
many more dvc seem to be showing up in RCI.

Another theory
Maybe II is working on a sales pitch to lure DVC back and this was the start of part of a II presentation Package.
I still don’t think DVC would want their owners exchanging points for superior resorts than RCI has to offer. Again, less points being used in DVC means less owners there spending money. At least if DVC members rent, those rooms are being used by people. People who will spend money at Disney world.

TheHolleys87

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
DVC Boardwalk Villas, Kona Coast II
It’s so much fun to speculate about this! It did occur to me that in some ways it seems that DVC and Disney in general are trying to attract a wealthier client, or at least clients who like to feel they’re getting the best. Maybe Disney too feels that II would offer DVC members more deluxe exchanges than RCI can. Again, it’s fun to speculate!