TUG Lifetime Member
- Sep 11, 2005
- Reaction score
As coronavirus spreads, McDonald's, Disney Parks and Cheesecake Factory are revealing how to make their signature dishes at home in quarantine.
You can now bring a bit of Disney into the comfort of your home when you make this copy cat (and delicious) Be Our Guest grey stuff recipe!
Pineapple Dole Whip
- 1 big scoop of ice cream
- 4 ounces of pineapple juice
- 2 cups of frozen pineapple
- Add pineapple, ice cream and juice to a blender.
- Start blending at low speed and increase to high speed. Blend until smooth. Make sure that lid is on tight!
- Use a piping bag with a star tip to create a classic swirl, or just scoop right into bowls.
The recipe serves four.
- 1 cup water
- 8 tablespoons butter
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ¾ teaspoon ground cinnamon, divided
- 1¼ cups all-purpose flour
- 3 eggs
- 1½ cups vegetable or canola oil
- ½ cup sugar
- Combine water, butter, salt and ¼ teaspoon cinnamon in 1½-quart saucepan over medium heat. Bring pot to rolling boil.
- Reduce heat to low.
- Add flour and stir vigorously until mix forms a ball. Remove from heat and let rest for 5-7 minutes.
- Add eggs, one at a time, and stir until combined. Set aside.
- Heat oil in medium skillet or 1-quart saucepan over medium-high heat or until temperature reaches 350 degrees.
- Spoon dough into piping bag fitted with large star tip. Pipe 1-inch strip of dough over saucepan, cut with knife, and drop into hot oil. Repeat until churro bites fill saucepan with room to fry.
- Fry churro bites until golden brown. Remove with slotted spoon or mesh spider strainer.
- Drain churro bites on paper towel.
- Mix sugar and ½ teaspoon cinnamon in medium bowl. Toss in churro bites until coated. Place on serving plate and serve with favorite dipping sauce.