• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Disney Beach club villas ??? Deal???

wendywin

TUG Member
Reaction score
My friend at work is going to Disney FLa. Sept. 29 2006 - Oct 6, 2006
Shes been offered a deal thru Disney site. $6,000.00 for 1 week at DVC-Beach Villas SUITE slps 8 (2bdr) t/s includes 7 day hoppers. and 1 meal per day she says they tell her its worth $11,000.00. (she needs 4 adults/4 kids)

What the skinney......good deal or no?

Help please and thank you.

Wendy

tomandrobin

TUG Member
Reaction score
I don't know if its a good deal or not. My wife and I stated at Port Orleans Resort (moderate) dec 28 thru Jan 2, 5 nights/6 days. We had two rooms that were connecting, for 5 of us (wife and I, 3 kids 12,14 and 20). We had the park hopper tickets (including the water parks) and the Disney dining plan. Our total bill was about 6 grand, including airfare, roundtrip from Philadelphia.

At least this gives you a point of reference.

wendywin

TUG Member
Reaction score
tomandrobin said:
I don't know if its a good deal or not. My wife and I stated at Port Orleans Resort (moderate) dec 28 thru Jan 2, 5 nights/6 days. We had two rooms that were connecting, for 5 of us (wife and I, 3 kids 12,14 and 20). We had the park hopper tickets (including the water parks) and the Disney dining plan. Our total bill was about 6 grand, including airfare, roundtrip from Philadelphia.

At least this gives you a point of reference.

Thank you so much for the help my Kierland friend Tom and Robin --I'll report this to my friend......hers does NOT incl. airfare.

wendywin

TUG Member
Reaction score
wendywin said:
Thank you so much for the help my Kierland friend Tom and Robin --I'll report this to my friend......hers does NOT incl. airfare.

If you don't mind me asking....where did you find your "Disney Deal"?? Through their website or did you build it yourself?

Thanks again.

Wendy

tomandrobin

TUG Member
Reaction score
We used our TA, but we did a check on the price ourselves. We couldn't beat the airfare from the TA, but everything else was about the same. Since she had the better airfare, we booked thru the TA.

There is a big difference in accomadations between the "hotel" and the villas. But we don't hang in our room all day, basicly only showered and slept there. Staying in a nicer resort (more cost) wasn't worth it for us. We knew we were going to be on the go all day.

M&M

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Wendy,

Knowing Disney pricing it seems like a decent price (I haven't checked, but it sounds good) BUT has your friend considered renting points from a DVC owner?

A two bedroom/ 2 bath villa for those 7 days at The Beach Club Villas uses 280 points. Most owners will rent out points at about $10/point or in this case $2,800. If you then add another $1800 for tickets you'd be at $4,600.

Just a thought,

Mike

klynn

TUG Member
Reaction score
wendywin said:
My friend at work is going to Disney FLa. Sept. 29 2006 - Oct 6, 2006
Shes been offered a deal thru Disney site. $6,000.00 for 1 week at DVC-Beach Villas SUITE slps 8 (2bdr) t/s includes 7 day hoppers. and 1 meal per day she says they tell her its worth $11,000.00. (she needs 4 adults/4 kids)

What the skinney......good deal or no?

Help please and thank you.

Wendy

If she booked this herself and not a package she could rent the DVC from an owner. It would cost 280 points for the week. Owners normally charge $10.00/point so that would be $2800.00. She can buy 7-day passes with park hopping for $257.00 for adults and $224.00 for children age 3-9. So the passes would be $1924.00. For the 2BR and passes now she is up to $4724.00. I guess the question would be if she feels 7 meals for 4 adults and 4 children is worth $1276.00 ($6000. - 4724. = $1276.00)

J9sling

TUG Member
Reaction score
Also, keep in mind that those dates are during hurricane season. Do owners typically charge $10/pt during this time of year? It seems quite high (even for Disney) for hurricane season. Maybe if you look further you could find a better deal.

dianeschlicht

TUG Member
Reaction score
J9sling said:
Also, keep in mind that those dates are during hurricane season. Do owners typically charge $10/pt during this time of year? It seems quite high (even for Disney) for hurricane season. Maybe if you look further you could find a better deal.
The $10/point is a pretty typical price year round, and is actually a bit of a bargain price, since many are renting at $11-$15 per point. DIS boards rent trade board has the most listings. Frankly, I find Disney's Beach Club villas a bit on the small side. We own at Old Key West, and while older, the units there are much bigger and have better kitchens and laundry facilities and master baths.

Dean

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
klynn said:
If she booked this herself and not a package she could rent the DVC from an owner. It would cost 280 points for the week. Owners normally charge $10.00/point so that would be $2800.00. She can buy 7-day passes with park hopping for $257.00 for adults and $224.00 for children age 3-9. So the passes would be $1924.00. For the 2BR and passes now she is up to $4724.00. I guess the question would be if she feels 7 meals for 4 adults and 4 children is worth $1276.00 ($6000. - 4724. = $1276.00)
And they could add the meal plan if they rented from a DVC member, it's 37.99 per day per adult and $10.99 per child (3-9). It must be bought for each night and for the entire party.

Or they could get an annual pass and get the Disney Dining Experience which would give them 20% off almost all sit down restaurants and including alcoholic drinks. Cost $60 above the pass and valid for just over a year. They could just get one pass if they chose and buy the rest as regular tickets or get all passes and possibly plan another trip before they expire.

Regardless, it's likely they'll be better off without the meal plan unless they are big or expensive eaters. And for a 7 day stay, one doesn't need 7 day passes. The meal plan includes one sit down, one counter service and one snack per day including desert, tax and tip.

wendywin

TUG Member
Reaction score
I just wanted to thank you all again for your help with this Disney Dilemma, I compliled all the above info. and shared it with my friend.

You guys are great!!!!!

gjw007

TUG Member
Reaction score
Although a small item, there is also a savings on the room since you don't have to pay Florida's 11.5% tax. The $10 per point is fairly consistent throughout the year although people on the disboards write about wanting to up the rate. What changes during the various times of the year is the points requirement for the same room. More points means more cost.