• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

disney bay lake towers 2br lake view video walkthru

TUGBrian

Administrator
Reaction score
since this was my first timeshare stay of the year, and my first visit to disney in 35 years, and my first ever DVC stay....figured id make a short video walkthru of the room (which was nice)

will write a full review soon as well! I enjoyed the stay very much, culminating with the fireworks viewed from right below the castle that made my children (3 and 5) literally jump up and down with excitement. guess this means I have to take them back =)

Huskerpaul

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
DVC BoardWalk Villas, MVC Grande Vista & Willow Ridge, WorldMark
Resale prices at BLT are falling right now and if they get to $125 a point I might have to jump on one. One of the lowest MF in DVC and can walk to MK.

nomoretslt

Reaction score
I’ve never been in a dedicated two bedroom at BLT….only the lockoffs which we prefer since the extra bedroom is really a studio with the kitchenette and separate entrance. Dedicated is better though with little ones. you had a nice view….I love watching the big ferry go behind BLT to get to the boat facility. Sunrise is spectacular too. Glad you enjoyed the room. It’s not my favorite decor (modern) but walking back after the fireworks is priceless.

@Huskerpaul around 18 months ago I could have gotten $200/pt for my 50 point BLT contract. We have over 300 points there, but really didn’t want to give up 50. Standard views are good point savers and lake view usually pretty easy to get before the 7 month mark.

TUGBrian

Administrator
Reaction score
yep, we picked this (advice from tug member) specifically for that convenience to return to the resort after the fireworks. (had two grandmothers in scooters).

bit of a walk for the little ones however! I hesitate to call that a "short walk", but certainly beat standing in line for the bus or monorail.

my one complaint was that at 10pm on I believe monday night, some light boat parade event gimmick kicked off right there on the lake outside the window with full blast loud music etc. While I personally didnt mind it as I was awake working, it was quite a shock to everyone else who was asleep!

nomoretslt

Reaction score
my one complaint was that at 10pm on I believe monday night, some light boat parade event gimmick kicked off right there on the lake outside the window with full blast loud music etc. While I personally didnt mind it as I was awake working, it was quite a shock to everyone else who was asleep!
lol….that is the Electrical Water pageant….it’s been doing that nightly at least since 1979 when we spent our honeymoon at the Polynesian. It stops at every resort on the lake. Yes it is loud!!! It’s fun watching from the beach.

AnnaS

TUG Member
Reaction score
I wanted to post a picture of the it (Electrical Water Pageant) but my pictures always seem to be too big for any forums ;)

TUGBrian

Administrator
Reaction score
this is a great way to quickly resize images at the same time for sharing online etc!

AnnaS

TUG Member
Reaction score
Thank you Brian. I have Apple and iPhone. I googled decompress photos. I think I have the first part right but then it says to download the APP to decompress. Very technically challenged :( I will ask one of my sons later (but one has Android/usually not much help with IPhone).

Will play with it some where. Thank you again @TUGBrian !!!

TUGBrian

Administrator
Reaction score
yea phone photos are more challenging as they are by default taken in such staggeringly high resolutions and sizes.

for me, i notice that the photos once uploaded to google photos (id imagine there is something similar for apple folks) it can simply be downloaded as a much smaller version of the original.

alternatively, ive never actually in my life NEEDED a 12mb photo of an ungodly wall sized resolution and adjusted my phone to take photos of about half the actual dimensions the default settings utilize. makes everything way smaller, and even more convenient unless you are using the photos for professional quality editing etc.

Fido Chuckwagon

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Disney’s Saratoga Springs Resort; Wyndham Bonnet Creek; Wyndham Bali Hai; Wyndham Canterbury; Wyndham Grand Desert; Marriott Grand Chateau
Resale prices at BLT are falling right now and if they get to $125 a point I might have to jump on one. One of the lowest MF in DVC and can walk to MK.
You and me both!

frytard

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grand Chateau
I’ve never been in a dedicated two bedroom at BLT….only the lockoffs which we prefer since the extra bedroom is really a studio with the kitchenette and separate entrance. Dedicated is better though with little ones. you had a nice view….I love watching the big ferry go behind BLT to get to the boat facility. Sunrise is spectacular too. Glad you enjoyed the room. It’s not my favorite decor (modern) but walking back after the fireworks is priceless.

@Huskerpaul around 18 months ago I could have gotten $200/pt for my 50 point BLT contract. We have over 300 points there, but really didn’t want to give up 50. Standard views are good point savers and lake view usually pretty easy to get before the 7 month mark.
I forgot what site i used for the criteria, but here is an old spreadsheet when i was highly considering buying DVC in 2016 lol. Seeing everyone say the Price Per Point today is prices I did not see coming. On a side note is Aulani Subsidized still a thing? or what happened to that? It was beating all MF + PPP at the time.

1678900781595.png

Knb3715

Reaction score
About how much does a rental like that go for if ya don’t mind my asking?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk