• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Disney Annual Passes Extended

dvc_john

TUG Member
Reaction score
Per posts on the DIS, some passholders are seeing the extra 30 days already - we are too, as of this morning!
We are seeing the extra month extension.

Just checked mine, and the extra month is posted for me also. It wasn't last time I looked. They must have decided to do it early.

PeterS

TUG Member
Reaction score
Had you activated your WDW annual pass? Even now when they have designated a deadline to ask for a refund of fully paid passes, there are still two opinions of how much the refund is going to be. I find it totally unacceptable that Disney won't just tell us how they will calculate the partial refunds.

The communication implies and a lot of people on social media say they are being told that you will get a prorated amount back. So the expectation is that if you activated an annual pass one month before the closure, you would get 11/12ths of your cost back.

A lot of other people on social media say that the refunds are decreased by what the ticket prices would have been for any days that you used before the closure, resulting in basically no refund if you had visited the parks for 12 days or more.

This confusion makes it impossible for pass holders to make an informed decision about whether to cancel. When we are pass holders, we might go for one hour only, just to see fireworks for example. We would never do that if we were paying for day tickets. We used our passes for a couple of weeks starting New Years Eve, so we might get nothing back.

It just seems unreasonable that you can't find out what your refund will be before you make a non-revocable agreement to cancel. I do realize that Disney could have done nothing for us, but our extended family purchased 10 Platinum Annual Passes and started using them 12/31. You could have purchased a small car for what the 10 passes cost. None of us are very excited about going back any time soon when you factor in the risk and the reduced experience with no shows, fireworks, character greetings, etc. I only ride a handful of rides and am old enough to worry about exposure.

Would love to hear from anyone who had an activated fully paid out-of-state resident Annual Pass that they cancelled and received the refund for.

Thank you.

Sheila

I waited almost 2 hours to get through and the rep seemed just as confused.
We activated out passes March 5th and the park closed on the 15th... The rep said they would refund July 11 to March 5th...
What about the months the place was closed... they didn't know.... maybe they would credit that if you didn't request a refund... Huh?
I asked about the 1 month extension... Oh that is why your pass is still good until Aug 11... What good is that?

There is no supervisor to ask and no one that can clarify. With the deadline to apply, no way to clarify before then, and no interest in spending hours on the phone again for no answers, we gave up and just put in for the refund... we'll see what happens.

The one good thing is the rep just puts in the request for refund... they don't process the refund, because they were so confused, they would definitely screw it up.... Not that doing it through the link is much better... neither way tells you what you would get.....

Good luck.... to all of us,
PeterS

ljmiii

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Would love to hear from anyone who had an activated fully paid out-of-state resident Annual Pass that they cancelled and received the refund for.
As I said upthread, I was told I would be refunded 117/365 * the cost of our passes and the refund arrived just under two months later. They were activated Platinum APs.

dioxide45

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grande Vista
Marriott Harbour Lake
Sheraton Vistana Villages
Club Wyndham CWA
We activated out passes March 5th and the park closed on the 15th... The rep said they would refund July 11 to March 5th...
In reality, they should be refunding a prorated amount of July 11th through the new expiration date minus one month (that freebie extension). Your new expiration date should be July 2021 when you look online, but the park closure extended it till only June and the freebie month took it to July.

PeterS

TUG Member
Reaction score
In reality, they should be refunding a prorated amount of July 11th through the new expiration date minus one month (that freebie extension). Your new expiration date should be July 2021 when you look online, but the park closure extended it till only June and the freebie month took it to July.

I just checked online and they did move our expiration up to April... one month.... I called them and they said the one month should come off when the three months are added... and they are trying to get all this straightened out before issuing refunds..... I hope so...

TheHolleys87

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
DVC Boardwalk Villas, Kona Coast II
I just checked online and they did move our expiration up to April... one month.... I called them and they said the one month should come off when the three months are added... and they are trying to get all this straightened out before issuing refunds..... I hope so...
Our Gold passes had 117 days (the three months of park closure) added several weeks ago, and the additional 30 days popped up yesterday morning. We are not asking for a refund, because the extension actually helps to cover some trips in November and December that, fingers crossed, we will enjoy. I agree, following this thread and one on DISboards, that everyone is totally confused!

sfwilshire

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Tristram's Landing, Tree Tops Gatlinburg, Mystic Dunes, Sheraton Vistana Spas & Fountains
As I said upthread, I was told I would be refunded 117/365 * the cost of our passes and the refund arrived just under two months later. They were activated Platinum APs.

Thanks for the response.

There has been so much conflicting information coming from cast members that I would like to hear from someone with the money in hand. I have seen refund amounts mentioned on Facebook suggesting that Disney really is deducting a sum from the refund based on the number of days you actually used. Not just a pure ratio based on the number of days. I think that's unfair, but I guess they could refuse to refund anything.

Sheila

ljmiii

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Thanks for the response....
Unfortunately, when I later went back over my reservations and CC bills I realized that the refund was actually for one of rooms I had booked at WDW.

So I'm still waiting for my AP refund...like so many others.

bendadin

TUG Member
Reaction score
Had you activated your WDW annual pass? Even now when they have designated a deadline to ask for a refund of fully paid passes, there are still two opinions of how much the refund is going to be. I find it totally unacceptable that Disney won't just tell us how they will calculate the partial refunds.

I paid with a gift card so I have NO idea what they are going to do about that one. I canceled 4 FL resident passes. They pulled a payment in July but since I canceled, they will be refunding that payment. I'm not quite sure that the math is there. I bought passes in September, renewal Weekday Select. I thought that there was a larger down payment and then monthly payments. So dividing the cost by 12 isn't accurate.

I just looked in MDE. My tickets are still there. They pushed my Gold AP out yet another month. They also pushed the FL Weekday passes into September. I got the acknowledgement that I had canceled. I have a resort stay coming up (after the Weekday Select passes die before the month.) Since they still show as active, the system believes that I have tickets for my stay. I had canceled my park reservations as I just don't want to do it.

Firepath

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
DVC
I called back in April or May (a couple of weeks after they announced extension or refunds) and requested a refund. I had paid with a credit card so I expected to get a credit, but today I got a check in the mail.

Monykalyn

TUG Member
Reaction score
I called back in April or May (a couple of weeks after they announced extension or refunds) and requested a refund. I had paid with a credit card so I expected to get a credit, but today I got a check in the mail.
What kind of pass? How long was it active?
If they are indeed prorating I’ll cancel- 99% sure I’m leaning that way anyway. We have PIF Platinum passes and live out of state. Activated in January. So if we get 9/12 months back that would be great.

Firepath

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
DVC
It was a Gold Pass purchased thru DVC. Was on track to expire May 15. We used it twice but weren’t planning to use it again before it expired so this was a bonus!

bogey21

TUG Member
Reaction score
My Son and his Wife (see Post 1 in this thread) have made the necessary reservations to go to Disney in about 3 Weeks. She recently recovered from the virus, he hasn't been infected. Both tested Negative 3 days ago. They are 42 and 39 years old. Personally I wouldn't do it but how do you tell an ex Marine who served tours in both Iraq and Afghanistan how to run his life...

George

ljmiii

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
AP Refund update. I cancelled our four APs in early June, received one check three weeks ago and another one last week. Still waiting on the other two. Meanwhile all four show as active and extended the extra month on MDE.

I'll call the passholder line toward the end of this upcoming week. Either that or book some travel to WDW... ;-)

ljmiii

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Success! The last two checks arrived yesterday and coincidence or not my APs no longer show up on MDE.

Pathways

TUG Member
Reaction score
Our DVC Gold pass will expire September 22, the day after our next trip. We had decided NOT to renew with the thought of purchasing them again next year, but now are rethinking.

Disney has suspended all new AP sales, only renewals are available. With no firm news on the future, we may want to renew so we can keep visiting the parks while attendance remains low.

dioxide45

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grande Vista
Marriott Harbour Lake
Sheraton Vistana Villages
Club Wyndham CWA
Our DVC Gold pass will expire September 22, the day after our next trip. We had decided NOT to renew with the thought of purchasing them again next year, but now are rethinking.

Disney has suspended all new AP sales, only renewals are available. With no firm news on the future, we may want to renew so we can keep visiting the parks while attendance remains low.
I was not aware of that. Our APs now don't expire until April 2021. We opted not to cancel since A) it was impossible to get through and B) we had a few trips to Orlando so we figured why not try it out. We live in Florida. This information has us thinking if we should let them expire next year or renew also.

bogey21

TUG Member
Reaction score
With no firm news on the future, we may want to renew so we can keep visiting the parks while attendance remains low.

My Son and his Wife did just that last week. The pluses were that their air fare and hotel cost about 50% less (don't know about car rental); and reduced crowds at the Disney Parks and Universal. The negative was a lot of stuff, particularly restaurants, were not open. The did say they felt safe from the virus...

George

TheHolleys87

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
DVC Boardwalk Villas, Kona Coast II

Well, you have until October 22 to decide whether to renew or not! Given the 117 days added for the park closures and the 30 days Disney gave APs “just because,” ours were extended from expiration in mid-October to mid-March, so we’re happy to sit back and await further developments before making our decision.