• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Disney’s Riviera Resort Update [merged]

TheHolleys87

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
DVC Boardwalk Villas, Kona Coast II
THANKS! Looking forward to hearing feedback from folks staying there, always "kinks" to work out though!

The DISboards forum DVC-Mouscellaneous has a thread reporting on the model room tours going on now, including some videos. https://www.disboards.com/threads/riviera-model-room-tour.3740991/ You might want to check it out. Right now we’re not scheduled to be back in Orlando until January, at which time we plan to visit Riviera and might visit the models too. We’re way too old to consider a purchase there but would be interested in a couple of nights in a Tower Studio just for a change of pace.

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
DVC Animal Kingdom
@TheHolleys87...We are not buying at Riviera either. Very eager to stay there though and check it out. My guess is that initially at 7 months it won't be that difficult, but as it becomes established and popular, the 7 month booking window will be a challenge with the gondola convenience to Epcot and HS as BCV and BWV. One of my favorite resorts is BCV, but haven't been able to get in there during F&W in October for a few years now.

TheHolleys87

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
@TheHolleys87...We are not buying at Riviera either. Very eager to stay there though and check it out. My guess is that initially at 7 months it won't be that difficult, but as it becomes established and popular, the 7 month booking window will be a challenge with the gondola convenience to Epcot and HS as BCV and BWV. One of my favorite resorts is BCV, but haven't been able to get in there during F&W in October for a few years now.

I fully agree. I think the best opportunity to book a new DVC resort is while it’s in active sales — if what you want isn’t available, waitlist, and your booking will come through when more units are declared into the condominium. Once it sells out the owners want it!

TravelTime

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
All Resale: MVC DPs, Marriott Ko Olina, Marriott Marbella, WKOVR-N, Four Seasons Aviara
My Guide said it should be easy to book into Riviera because it is a large resort. It should be like AK or Boardwalk where there are always rooms, maybe not studio room but certainly 1 and 2 BRs will be available at the 6-7 month mark for years to come. He said I do not need to buy there.

TheHolleys87

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
My Guide said it should be easy to book into Riviera because it is a large resort. It should be like AK or Boardwalk where there are always rooms, maybe not studio room but certainly 1 and 2 BRs will be available at the 6-7 month mark for years to come. He said I do not need to buy there.

I hope he’s right! It will be interesting to see what the addition of SWGE does to demand for BWV, BCV and now RVA especially during fall F&W Festival season.

elaine

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC Eagles Nest, DVC-AKV, HHI
good to know. my kids want to ride the gondola. maybe we'll try to book for Jan 2020 at 7 months.

TravelTime

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
All Resale: MVC DPs, Marriott Ko Olina, Marriott Marbella, WKOVR-N, Four Seasons Aviara
Riviera looks nice for one stay but I doubt I will love it enough to want to stay again and again. I love Animal Kingdom and Aulani. I am staying at Grand Floridian next month (where I have many home resort points) next month. I like trying out all the resorts for fun.

elaine

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC Eagles Nest, DVC-AKV, HHI
Me too. We love akv and it never gets old. Also love okw when we want a change. If we couldn’t trade into R it would not be a big deal.

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
DVC Animal Kingdom
Looking forward to a Riviera stay in the future, the pool really looks lovely! Hoping to ride the Gondola on our upcoming August trip. Staying at OkW for the first time after Vero.