• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Discount to Rescue 2015 points

Sandy VDH

TUG Review Crew: Elite
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wynd VIP Plat GF, HGVC Elite, WM, HICV, +
Effective as of today through end of November....

I did my transaction online today and discount was provided.

From Email...
Fall has arrived, and it’s the season to save your unused vacation from expiration! Make every Point count by carrying your remaining 2015 ClubPoints into next year’s vacation adventures. For a limited time, you’ll also receive a $10.00* discount when you save your unused 2015 ClubPoints online at hgvclub.com during the months of October and November. Whether you’re setting aside Points for the trip of your dreams, unable to travel this year, or just need more time to plan, now’s the time to prevent your ClubPoints from expiring.
Don’t lose what you don’t use – visit hgvclub.com today to save this year’s remaining points while saving $10.00!
Come 2016, Rescued Points will return with a new name, but the same great function. We’re renaming Rescued Points to Saved Points to better reflect the flexible benefit this feature provides for Club Members.
Vacations are memories waiting to happen – don’t lose out on your chance to make more of them. Act now to save your ClubPoints.

frank808

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Disney Vacation Club (Aulani,SSR,VGC,VGF) Hilton Grand Vacation Club(Bay Club, Kohala Suites, The District) Marriott Vacation Club (Aruba Surf Club, Grand Residence, Grand Chateau, Grand Vista,Harbour Lake, KoOlina,Willow Ridge & DC points)
Great i just rescued my points last night! Duh!

Sandy VDH

TUG Review Crew: Elite
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wynd VIP Plat GF, HGVC Elite, WM, HICV, +
It is not retro. Did you not get the email? I received it the email yesterday at 4 pm.

BigDave

Reaction score
I wish they would rename them "Banked Points" rather than "Saved Points". However, either are better than "Rescue Points" which doesn't make a lot of sense. Now I just have to hope I get in the system before the end of November so I can get the discount when I bank.

Talent312

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC & GTS
I used all my 2015 points, and then some. So no discount for me! :bawl:
But as the saying goes: "'Tis better a borrower, than a banker be."

Jason245

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
I used all my 2015 points, and then some. So no discount for me! :bawl:
But as the saying goes: "'Tis better a borrower, than a banker be."

I agree with the above. This whole banking thing is nothing more then another cash grab on the part of Hilton.

It is bad enough that they want between $52-$100 to make a reservation to use those points (meaning that you probably would need to bank between 4-500 points just to break even on the MF + Reservation fees).

On top of it, it sets you up to have to bank some of next years points.... a perpetual cycle of spending more....

If you arn't using all your points every year, you are either not going on vacation enough or own to many points.

alexadeparis

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
I had to call HGVC for something else and they told me if I wanted to deposit my 2016 points to 2017 online there was a discount for doing so through November. So FYI for anyone else looking to deposit as well.

Dojan123

TUG Member
Reaction score
Is it true that I can combine this years rescue points with 2017 points next year? I have 1160 left this year and 6200 in 2017. Would love to get a two bedroom next year by combining future points if possible.

Talent312

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC & GTS
Is it true that I can combine this years rescue points with 2017 points next year? I have 1160 left this year and 6200 in 2017.

I'm confused... When you say "this years' rescue points," do you mean points previously rescued from 2014 to this year, or 2015 points that will be rescued to 2016? If these were originally 2014 points, you cannot use them for a HGVC booking in 2016, but you may deposit them to RCI for use in 2016. OTOH, if these are 2015 points, then yes, when they show up in your account as points rescued to 2016, the system will draw these first, then your 2016 points, and lastly borrow any add'l points you need automatically from 2017.

Dojan123

TUG Member
Reaction score
Thanks. It would be 2015 points I need to rescue.

peas

TUG Member
Reaction score
Anyone try to deposit points with a discount? All I'm seeing is the regular $76 charge for online deposits.

Cyberc

TUG Member
Reaction score
Anyone try to deposit points with a discount? All I'm seeing is the regular $76 charge for online deposits.

I rolled my points over last week with the discount. Paid 66$

Regards

peas

TUG Member
Reaction score
I rolled my points over last week with the discount. Paid 66$

Regards

How did you get the discount? What did you do online to see it? (also confirming you did this for desposits, not rescues)

hurnik

TUG Member
Reaction score

No, just rescue. I don't think deposit got a discount?

From the email I got:

" For a limited time, you'll receive a discount when you rescue your Points online. "

peas

TUG Member
Reaction score
I had to call HGVC for something else and they told me if I wanted to deposit my 2016 points to 2017 online there was a discount for doing so through November. So FYI for anyone else looking to deposit as well.

I called HGVC and was told discount was for rescue only.

If someone successfully deposits at a discount, please get name of agent.

alexadeparis

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
I called HGVC and was told discount was for rescue only.

If someone successfully deposits at a discount, please get name of agent.

I successfully did it on that call, it was a man, but I did not write down his name.