• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Dikhololo assigned me white weeks and I own red

annetteterry

TUG Member
Reaction score
I talked to an RCI VG today about another matter and then I asked if they could tell me whether the change they had made in the RCI system (to merge with the South Africa system) would affect my trading power. I was interested to see what they might tell me. They didn't tell me much about that, but she mentioned that I used to deposit red weeks but now that I am depositing white weeks I will probably see less trading power.

I asked what she meant and she said that Dikhololo had assigned me week 37 for both my 2006 weeks and that is a white week. However, I own red weeks!

I thought she might be incorrect so I called back later, talked to someone else and she said the same thing - I have white weeks for 2006.

Any idea how I can prevent this? I have looked at the SA school calander on TUG but how do I know what is peak, red, white? I assume the holiday weeks are peak but what is red and what is white? If I manage to find out, can I request a specific week from Dikhololo?

Because of this I no longer trust them to give me a red week.

ron1

TUG Member
Reaction score
Hi there (sorry I didn't get your name)

Just to let you know the week 37 that was allocated to you by Dikhololo is most definitely a Red week, in fact it borders on a Peak. I suggest you take this matter up with RCI. - Ron, Fairfields

annetteterry

TUG Member
Reaction score
RCI says it is Dikhololo's problem

I called RCI again. They said they do not designate the color of the week. The resort tells them what week is deposited and what color it is. They said that they were told we had week 37 and that week 37 is a white week.

They said the only way to change that is to contact the resort and have them take back their white weeks and give me red weeks.

Does this sound right?

michelle

TUG Member
Reaction score
annetteterry said:
I called RCI again. They said they do not designate the color of the week. The resort tells them what week is deposited and what color it is. They said that they were told we had week 37 and that week 37 is a white week.

They said the only way to change that is to contact the resort and have them take back their white weeks and give me red weeks.

Does this sound right?

Well, who knows with RCI.... But I would definately contact the resort and see what color they say it is, then take it from there.

annetteterry

TUG Member
Reaction score
I have put an email in to them but of course have not heard anything back. After a few days I will probably try to call and see if that helps.

Dave M

TUG Lifetime Member
Reaction score
No, it doesn't sound right.

Take a look at the RCI Resort Directory for this resort. If I'm correct that week 37 starts on or about September 9, RCI shows that as a red week for this resort. Thus, if RCI got week 37, it should be a red week.

Thus, call RCI back with the resort page from the RCI Resort Directory (online or hardcopy) in front of you. Clarify the dates for week 37 and compare that to what you see in the directory. From that, you can tell for sure whether a white week or a red week was deposited. If it's a red week, tell RCI that their own directory shows week 37 as being a red week. If it's a white week, your beef is with the resort.

annetteterry

TUG Member
Reaction score
It's fixed!

Thanks! Having the directory in front of me when I called was enough to convince them that it was their error - or least something they could change. I forgotten that the red / white designations were available in writing for each resort.

They put a supervisor on the line and made an adjustment so the weeks show as red.

I guess I now have something else to double check on when my weeks are deposited!

Thanks for all the help and advice!

ira g

TUG Member
Reaction score
RCI told me the same thing

When we were booking a few exchanges they told me that my sept. weeks were white. However when I pointed out that their directory showed them as red they corrected it in their system. I wonder how this would have been handled if I wanted to do a PFD.