• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Different RCI Points Question

BocaBum99

TUG Member
Reaction score
I believe that the single best reason to join RCI Points is to gain access to hard to get resorts that weak traders normally cannot access. For me, The Manahattan Club is an example. I like the fact that it's over 93000 RCI Points to get a prime week there in a 1 bedroom unit because I get my points very inexpensively. And, I love the fact that I can reserve a long weekend there without having to pay extra housekeeping fees.

My question is this. Which other resorts within RCI Points are so good that they alone would make owning RCI Points worth it? I'd like to create a list of RCI Point resorts which I should try to visit either for a week or for a long weekend.

Alternatively, which RCI resorts which are not yet RCI Point resorts would fit into this category if it did convert.

Please, I do not want this to degenerate into a points vs. weeks debate or a bash RCI thread or an RCI rental thread or a generic points grid thread, so if you would like to post comments on those topics, do it in another thread. Thanks.

boyblue

TUG Member
Reaction score
I don't think they've broken ground yet but

http://www.bahamar.com/

I figure the timeshares there will be RCI affiliated because these guys are going to be Atlantis' competition in Nassau and the developers seem to be doing everything the opposit of The Kerzner Group.

short

TUG Member
Reaction score
Tug top 30

I think if you go to the TUG top 30 you would have a good start on a list. Unfortunately most will never be in RCI points. Most are affiliated with Hotel based timeshare or are in other points based mimi systems.

Short

Dani

TUG Lifetime Member
Reaction score
Well for me, that would be the Windjammer Landing-non-AI in St. Lucia and the Residences at Crane in Barbados. While the larger units and better seasons require what I think are a lot of Points, the fact that I can just log onto Points and see multiple units at these resorts is great. I have also come to see that you get into these resorts for a lot less points during less prime seasons.

Edited to add Gurney's resort...using my new ound knowledge about booking less than 1 week, i just reserved a 1 night, 2 day stay at Gurney's for less than 4,000 Points!!! I may never get rid of my Points account now.

Last edited:

cclendinen

TUG Member
Reaction score
The points home advantage.

This does not answer the question but is along the same lines. In points you can book:
Your home week 12-13 months.
Your home resort 11-12 months.
Your home group 10-11 months.
All points resorts 0-10 months.

So for resorts that are high demand and low availability, the earlier you can book the more likely you will get what you want. Since points are points I try to buy the cheapest points because it takes the same amount of cheap points to get a week as expensive points. However, there is an advantage of owning points at a resort where you want to stay on a regular basis, since you have from 1 to 3 months to exchange prior to everyone else.

I own my points at a resort I will most likely never visit and it is not part of a group, so I don’t benefit from the early reservations. So, I was thinking about the following strategy:

Try to get a resort to sell me 5 or 10 points. Even though it is not enough points to get anything, I have plenty of points. This would allow me to book in the 11-12 month timeframe.

Find a resort that is part of a large group of resorts so you can reserve a week in the 10-11 month timeframe.

Last edited:

brucecz

TUG Member
Reaction score
Gald to see that RCI Points is working for you.

Bruce :D

Dani said:
Well for me, that would be the Windjammer Landing-non-AI in St. Lucia and the Residences at Crane in Barbados. While the larger units and better seasons require what I think are a lot of Points, the fact that I can just log onto Points and see multiple units at these resorts is great. I have also come to see that you get into these resorts for a lot less points during less prime seasons.

Edited to add Gurney's resort...using my new ound knowledge about booking less than 1 week, i just reserved a 1 night, 2 day stay at Gurney's for less than 4,000 Points!!! I may never get rid of my Points account now.

Dani

TUG Lifetime Member
Reaction score
brucecz said:
Gald to see that RCI Points is working for you.

Bruce...it's good to see a post from you....the master ;) Thanks for all of your help.

brucecz

TUG Member
Reaction score
You are to kind as I still have a lot to learn.

Dani said:
Bruce...it's good to see a post from you....the master ;) Thanks for all of your help.