• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Different Codes for Grand Luxxe at Vidanta Nuevo Vallarta

ecassidy6

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott’s Manor Club at Ford’s Colony
II now has two different codes for the same property: Grand Luxxe at Vidanta Nuevo Vallarta (GBV - yellow rating) and (LX2 - blue rating). Does anyone know when this change took place? Are certain Grand Luxxe buildings/floors aligned with this change? I did note that the ‘blue’ rating description includes amenities that I had when I stayed at this resort (concierge services); the ‘yellow’ rating description does not include concierge services. I know lots of changes are taking place at this resort including the 1/3 rule. Any information/advice re upcoming stay welcome.

Eric B

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Vacation Village, Wyndham, WorldMark, Vistana, Vidanta, Flora Farms, HGVC Max, and some independents
GBV is Grand Bliss in Nuevo Vallarta; the two codes for Grand Luxxe there are LX2 and LXE. It's not entirely clear what units at Grand Luxxe would fall under the LXE code; the LX2 code had been used previously for the Grand Luxxe Suites, Villas, Spa units, Presidential suites and villas, 2 & 3 BR Lofts, and 4 BR Residence units. There are newer units that have different names like the Grand Luxxe Suite Royal units, which have white leather in the pictures (don't remember any in the earlier units), but it's not apparent if that's what they mean to include under that code. None of those are 3 or 4 BR units. There are also the Estates units, but those haven't been showing up in any exchange systems yet and probably wouldn't be marketed as Grand Luxxe, but you never know.

rpennisi

Reaction score
I looked at the Estates models (as well as the Gtand Bliss and three and two bedrooms Grand Luxxe units) on the 9th floor while we were staying in a one bedroom Grand Bliss in Nuevo Vallarta last week.
To me the Estates looks like an upgraded Grand Mayan. Where is it in the pecking order?
A bridge is being built over the Ameca River where the new PGA golf course is being developed. I was pushed to give up my 2 Mayan Palace contracts for Jungala buildings that will be built in the preserve. I declined.
The gondola took us to the Crater Show way out past Kingdom of the Sun. A big production I compare to the LV Bellagio water show surrounded by the “crater” mounded veg covered dirt with additional water flows light effects and music. It’s impressive only if you never visited Las Vegas Bellagio’s water shows.

ecassidy6

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott’s Manor Club at Ford’s Colony
Typo on my part - Interval International Online Resort Directory: LX2 - Grand Luxxe; LXE - Grand Luxxe. Does anyone know why there are two codes for the same property/description. The LX2 must be the more luxurious property, but the descriptions of the two are the same.

pittle

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Vidanta Grand Luxxe
Buganvilias Sky Suites
Pueblo Bonito Em Bay
II now has two different codes for the same property: Grand Luxxe at Vidanta Nuevo Vallarta (GBV - yellow rating) and (LX2 - blue rating). Does anyone know when this change took place? Are certain Grand Luxxe buildings/floors aligned with this change? I did note that the ‘blue’ rating description includes amenities that I had when I stayed at this resort (concierge services); the ‘yellow’ rating description does not include concierge services. I know lots of changes are taking place at this resort including the 1/3 rule. Any information/advice re upcoming stay welcome.
Usually there are 2 different codes because some deposits are from members making an exchange, and then Vidanta depositing unsold weeks in order to get "fresh meat".