• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Difference between MGR & MGV designations at Grande Vista

dmharris

TUG Member
Reaction score
Hi Everyone,

I've booked two villas for our family at Grande Vista this month and come to find out that the 2 bedroom is apartment style in a building of all the same type of units. I've also booked a 1 bedroom which would be in a separate building. Ugh. We've not seen our two adult daughters since last Christmas and I dreamed we'd be in side-by-side villas. I have the E-Plus capability so I need to know which designation is the apartment style 2 bedroom, not a lock off and which is the lock-off designation. Thanks in advance,

Pamplemousse

TUG Member
Reaction score
The code for apartment style 2Br is HTOVI
They are all in the West village (77-84)
You can’t see the code until you’ve made the exchange.
I don’t believe MGV & MGR are the deciding factors. I had MGV for both a 1 br in the clubvillage and the 2 Br apartment style in the west village.
Have a great family reunion in any case.

Last edited:

dioxide45

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grande Vista
Marriott Harbour Lake
Sheraton Vistana Villages
Club Wyndham CWA
When doing the retade, look for the 2BR that has a king bed in the second bedroom. That will be the lockoff type. You won't be able to see the code until after you have confirmed, but a king and a king in the 2BR is certainly a lock off type. Two queens in the second bedroom is the apartment style.

dmharris

TUG Member
Reaction score
So then why does Interval have two different designations for Grande Vista?

dmharris

TUG Member
Reaction score
The MGV and MGR designations are to differentiate Florida Club vs non Florida Club.
So which is which? And though we are in the Florida Club, I've never 'used it', so I am wondering if that helps me get in the building with my daughters?

TheTimeTraveler

TUG Member
Reaction score
I don't think it really matters for you other than to try and be sure that all your reservations are either one designation (MGR) or the other (MGV). That likely will be your best bet to have Villas which will be at least in the same geographic area....... Once that occurs Management may be more willing to provide Villas close to each other.

My opinion of course. Whether it works depends how flexible the rooms controller actually is.

dioxide45

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grande Vista
Marriott Harbour Lake
Club Wyndham CWA
So which is which? And though we are in the Florida Club, I've never 'used it', so I am wondering if that helps me get in the building with my daughters?
I beleive MGR is the older code and non Florida Club. MGV is the newer Florida Club code. That said, it doesn't matter really. Just make sure you book unit types based on bedroom configuration. If you have a 1BR, then be sure to book the 2BR that has a king bed in the second bedroom. The resort is HUGE. There is no guarantee that you would be close together or in the same building regardless of the unit types. But avoiding the 2BR apartment style ups your chances of at least getting in the same building.

dmharris

TUG Member
Reaction score
Thanks! Dioxide do you have the apartment style in your library of videos? I have viewed the version with the lock-off style.

Pamplemousse

TUG Member
Reaction score
Thanks! Dioxide do you have the apartment style in your library of videos? I have viewed the version with the lock-off style.
We love the apartment style.
The main difference is the 2 queens in the 2nd bedroom and we like the west village location too.
But there are 2 br with a king in the 2nd and also 2 doubles in the 2nd and those could be anywhere and so potentially located near the 1 br.

dioxide45

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grande Vista
Marriott Harbour Lake
Club Wyndham CWA
We love the apartment style.
The main difference is the 2 queens in the 2nd bedroom and we like the west village location too.
But there are 2 br with a king in the 2nd and also 2 doubles in the 2nd and those could be anywhere and so potentially located near the 1 br.
Yes, those 2BR with a king and two doubles that can be anywhere are the 2BR side of the 3BR lock off. They tend to be end units in most of the buildings that have lock offs.

dioxide45

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grande Vista
Marriott Harbour Lake
Club Wyndham CWA
I don't actually have a video. I do have some video footage from one of the apartment style units where I recorded the differences, I just haven't had a chance to edit it into a final video yet.

MikeM132

TUG Member
Reaction score
Hi Everyone,

I've booked two villas for our family at Grande Vista this month and come to find out that the 2 bedroom is apartment style in a building of all the same type of units. I've also booked a 1 bedroom which would be in a separate building. Ugh. We've not seen our two adult daughters since last Christmas and I dreamed we'd be in side-by-side villas. I have the E-Plus capability so I need to know which designation is the apartment style 2 bedroom, not a lock off and which is the lock-off designation. Thanks in advance,
We had something similar in August with a small army of grand-kids. We booked 2 2BR, one being an II exchange, the other we own. The II exchange was a lock-off. The "owned" was a 2BR. They told us it is impossible due to this difference to get the units in the same building anywhere. Impossible is one of their favorite words at the front desk. Full resort is popular, too. It worked out OK as they were in the next building in West Village, so pretty close.

Pamplemousse

TUG Member
Reaction score
We had something similar in August with a small army of grand-kids. We booked 2 2BR, one being an II exchange, the other we own. The II exchange was a lock-off. The "owned" was a 2BR. They told us it is impossible due to this difference to get the units in the same building anywhere. Impossible is one of their favorite words at the front desk. Full resort is popular, too. It worked out OK as they were in the next building in West Village, so pretty close.
Now that you are aware you can easily check the 2nd bedroom once you exchange.
If there are 2 queens then it’s an apartment style unit in the west village.
You can cancel an II exchange without penalty within 24 hrs.
Throw it back if it’s not what you want and try again.

MikeM132

TUG Member
Reaction score
Now that you are aware you can easily check the 2nd bedroom once you exchange.
If there are 2 queens then it’s an apartment style unit in the west village.
You can cancel an II exchange without penalty within 24 hrs.
Throw it back if it’s not what you want and try again.
We had to have this specific week due to school, so didn't want to chance it even though GV is not a difficult trade, usually. Worked out OK. The kids needed the bedroom with 2 beds so that's what we got when we reserved the week we owned to match the II week. Unlikely to do this again in my lifetime.

Pamplemousse

TUG Member
Reaction score
We had to have this specific week due to school, so didn't want to chance it even though GV is not a difficult trade, usually. Worked out OK. The kids needed the bedroom with 2 beds so that's what we got when we reserved the week we owned to match the II week. Unlikely to do this again in my lifetime.
Maybe this knowledge will help someone else in the future.
We acquire so much useless knowledge as time goes by its good to share.

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Ocean Pointe, FL; Marriott Surf Club, Aruba
We will be at MGV February 2023. What is the normal pool temperature?

jmhpsu93

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
MVC Abound Points
MVC Grande Vista (x2)
MVC Cypress Harbour (x2)
MVC Harbour Lake (x2)
Golden Shores (Mexico)
We will be at MGV February 2023. What is the normal pool temperature?
All of the pools are heated, so you'll be fine. I've actually thought them to be a little on the warm side, especially the lap pool.

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Ocean Pointe, FL; Marriott Surf Club, Aruba
All of the pools are heated, so you'll be fine. I've actually thought them to be a little on the warm side, especially the lap pool.
Thanks for your quick reply.