• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Did we pay too much?

ldunk99

Reaction score
My husband and I just bought a 3400 point package on International Drive in Orlando for $14,000ish. With the purchase, we received 11,600 bonus points. Any thoughts?

Thanks

gmarine

Tug Review Crew: Rookie
TUG Member
Reaction score
Yes, rescind the purchase ASAP. Follow the instructions for rescinding exactly as required.

geekette

Reaction score
You paid too much, regardless of what system those points are in. Rescind!!

That same money can get you a lot more. Or, you can get the same thing you just bought for a lot less.

Either way, get out of this contract now!!

ldunk99

Reaction score
price

What would be a reasonable price? Any good resalers I could go to?

DeniseM

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WKORV, WKV, 2-SDO, 4-Kauai Beach Villas, Island Park Village (Yellowstone), Hyatt High Sierra, Dolphin's Cove (Anaheim)
You have a very short time to rescind, so before you even think about buying another week, you need to make sure you have followed the rescission instructions exactly.

Then, before you decide what to buy, you want to do a lot of homework. After doing some research, you may decide that you want to buy something entirely different. Also - you don't have to buy from a resaler. They add commission and fees to the purchase price, which jacks up the price. There are some fantastic deals on ebay for timeshares. Don't be tempted to buy yet - but here is a link to resales on ebay so you can start browsing: Timeshares on Ebay

spatenfloot

TUG Member
Reaction score
Was that Hilton Grand Vacation Club points or generic RCI points? We need to know exactly what you want to buy before we can give much advice.

ldunk99

Reaction score
HGVC

We bought 3400 points annually at Orlando International Drive. We normally travel during holidays so we need platnium time.

Thanks,

Lori

ricoba

TUG Member
Reaction score
I like our HGVC membership. But 3400 points are too few to get you to say Hawaii during peak travel times.

As with any developer sale, you paid too much (just like I and many of us here did :eek: ). If you can rescind still, I would recommend you do so ASAP.

For $14,000 you can get 7000 points through the resale market.

A good resale agent here on TUG is Seth Nock. You can contact him here

Once you rescind, take your time and study your options. HGVC is a very good program, but there are others too. Stick around here and learn and you will find this to be a fun friendly place.

Good luck :)

elaine

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC Eagles Nest, DVC-AKV, HHI
again--you only have a limited time to cancel

there are several reputable brokers who sell HGVC---if you want a better deal (trust me--they are out there), then cancel in writing and send EXACTLY as your contract says---THEN look for a better deal--you should research for about 1 month to decide what is REALLY best for you.
Do not waste any time looking for that deal right now---you can always go back to HGVC corporate and buy later--don't call your sales rep to talk it over--just cancel if you want more points for less $$--if you are happy with what you have, then fine--HGVC is a great system--but you can get more for less thru resale.

nightnurse613

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Unless, of course, they threaten to black list you from ever buying one of their timeshares :rolleyes: (gasp, horror). :eek: They wanted us to sign "the paper",too! :rofl: