• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Did something happen? Announcement?

skigirl

Reaction score
Our SVV 3 bedroom with 139K SO has been on the market for almost a year. We’ve had two low ball offers that we passed on. We still love the timeshare but would like to expand our vacation options if the right offer came along. In the last 24 hours, I have received two offers at asking price... one even is covering all closing costs. Did something happen? An announcement on the new program?

SteelerGal

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WKV, SDO, HPP, Bay Club
SVV sale pricing has been increasing. Especially if SOs are attached.
There has been discussions of a new exchange program btwn Marriott and Vistana.

CPNY

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Harborside Resort at Atlantis
SVV - Key West/Bella
WKV
Regal Vista at Massanutten
Our SVV 3 bedroom with 139K SO has been on the market for almost a year. We’ve had two low ball offers that we passed on. We still love the timeshare but would like to expand our vacation options if the right offer came along. In the last 24 hours, I have received two offers at asking price... one even is covering all closing costs. Did something happen? An announcement on the new program?
What are you asking for the unit? What were the lowball offers? Those 3 bedrooms are pretty rare.

skigirl

Reaction score
We are asking $6,000. Previously, we received an offer for $1,500 and $1,000. Just seems strange to receive two full ask offers in 24 hours after little activity for a year!

DannyTS

TUG Member
Reaction score
If Marriott does integrate VSN and we can use Staroptions in the combined system, 6k may look like a bargain in a couple of years.

Make sure they are real offers and not scammers that want more of your private info.

skigirl

Reaction score
If Marriott does integrate VSN and we can use Staroptions in the combined system, 6k may become a bargain in a couple of years.

Make sure they are real offers and not scammers that want more of your private info.
Thanks Danny. We are using Redweek so I am assuming the agent is covering that.

CPNY

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Harborside Resort at Atlantis
SVV - Key West/Bella
WKV
Regal Vista at Massanutten
Thanks Danny. We are using Redweek so I am assuming the agent is covering that.
LOL I prob was one of the 1000 low ball offers haha. I remember throwing out a ridiculous offer for one of those 3 bedrooms. However after people explained maint fee ratio to star options I went with smaller bedrooms

needvaca

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
MGO, WKV, SVV Bella
Ask the buyers if they are affiliated with Marriott/vistana?
There is talk that Marriott may be buying back villas on the open market for their own inventory. Especially for properties that have no ROFR- right of first refusal. Nothing wrong with that. It would just be interesting to know.