• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Did I make a mistake?

Reaction score
Okay so Friday I got talked into buying a timeshare at Williamsburg Plantation. I have to be honest it was a rushed decision and I am not sure if I did the right thing. I purchased Unit A and Unit B (both 2br and 2 bath), every other year (even). Week 5. I also signed up for II. So the guy told me that in 2014 I will use one of my deeded weeks and I will also have a bonus week given to me by II. This will in return cause my other deeded week to roll over to 2015 where I will also be able to use a bonus week thus giving me two weeks of vacation a year (2 deeded and 2 bonus). He also said that through II I can purchase up to 12 "getaways." Included in my purchase was membership to the affinity rewards program where I can get $100 for every referral I send. I was also given access to Williamsburg Plantation at any time during the year with my gold card where I can use the facility without actually booking a stay. I live in Richmond, which is only about an hour from Williamsburg so I will most likely never want to use it there, I would want to trade. He said Williamsburg has good trading power and that he will take care of all of my trading. I just have to tell him where I want to go and he will make it happen through II. Is this true? I paid $9,999 for the timeshare with a yearly maintenance fee of $358 along with the yearly membership to II. Did I make a good buy? PLEASE HELP!!!

TUGBrian

Administrator
Reaction score

pacodemountainside

TUG Member
Reaction score
Do cancellation/rescission letter before going to bed tonight

Send by certified mail first thing Tuesday!

You have been scammed! Read here and get educated before buying a TS!

Would you stay in Williamsburg first week of February?

Would you want someone sicing aggressive lying telemarketers on you?

As far as I know, all II members get unlimited get-a-ways!

Salesperson has nothing to do with reservations and will vaporize.

pacman

TUG Member
Reaction score
Did you make a mistake - YES

Did you make a good buy - NO

Rescind Immediately and thank TUG!

Passepartout

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Rescind for now. If you are still interested in TS vacations, come back to TUG, learn about them, get a good deal on a resale one.

Be an informed buyer. They can work well, but are not for everyone.

If it turns out that what you bought IS a good deal for you (we doubt it) that deal will still be there.

Good Luck, and Welcome to TUG!

Jim

jmason010

Reaction score
I really want to get out of my timeshare, and I just found this website. I'm afraid today is the 11th day since I signed my contract is there anything I can do?

presley

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
I really want to get out of my timeshare, and I just found this website. I'm afraid today is the 11th day since I signed my contract is there anything I can do?

Nope. Learn how to best use your timeshare and enjoy it.

massvacationer

TUG Member
Reaction score

Probably depends on state.....recission rules vary by state

More info?

Passepartout

TUG Member
Reaction score
It might be too late, but either way, you NEED to poke around TUG to learn what you already don't know about timeshares and how to use, exchange, rent, sell, pass on, travel to and get the most from. You will also find out about the salesman (he lied) and the contract you probably didn't read before the salesweasel told you to sign here and here and initial here, here and here. It has all the straight facts that the salesman lied about.

Good luck, we hope your state is one of the few that allow rescission beyond 11 days, but I don't see reason to be optimistic.

Take a look at the Newbies forum and those to do with your specific resort if you have one of those.

We are happy to answer specific questions, but the search function in the blue stripe above works well. I can't imagine a question that hasn't been asked before.

Welcome to TUG