• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Did I make a mistake with Wyndham purchase today?

sunshinefun

Reaction score
Found this site after making purchase at Wyndham timeshare presentation today.

We purchased 126k points today with Club Wyndham Plus along with Plus partners, RCI, Club pass and 1 year price lock.

Also got 274,000bonus points good for 2 years.

Retail was 31,600 and got it for $19,152.00

The yearly maintenance fees are $852 including Club Wyndham Plus program fees.

Should I cancel?

TUGBrian

Administrator
Reaction score
you should absolutely rescind and check out the resale market.

you just saved nearly $20,000 bucks =)

sunshinefun

Reaction score
Thanks Brian!

I am wondering if I buy points from the marketplace how do I get access to the Club Wyndham Plus along with Club Pass and RCI access to trade?

Thanks,

Shawn

vacationhopeful

TUG Review Crew: Rookie
TUG Member
Reaction score
Thanks Brian!

I am wondering if I buy points from the marketplace how do I get access to the Club Wyndham Plus along with Club Pass and RCI access to trade?

Thanks,

Shawn

Shawn,
They sold you on a BIG MAC with the special sauce... the special sauce you can only get with a McDonald's purchase.

If you buy on the resale market, you get 95% of the BIG MAC but KEEP thousands of YOUR dollars to buy steak.

The points system is included with a points purchase ... Club Pass is being able to get access to Shell Vacation Club and Worldmark very limited inventory made available to Wyndham points owners .. very, very limited ... to use your Wyndham CWA/CWP points with. I might see 1 or 2 weeks in all of Worldmark in a year ... if any. I booked a Shell resort the first week and only week I saw in Wyndham ... once. And it was only because I had a family reunion at the Shell resort and I had other weeks booked with my Shell points.

RCI exchanges are available to ALL Club Wyndham Access and Plus members. CWA points at the 10 month mark are just like Club Wyndham Plus points. The sales staff WANTS you TO FEEL special ... after all, why would you spend $50,000 when you can buy just as many points if you sent under $1,000. Or under $250.

PS Once you are beyond the rescind window and the sales staff member got his commission ... you are no one. Your are profiled by the sales staff ... and IF you want to try to keep wasting your time and collect $100 each time you do an update ... just be sure to understand, you have to LOOK and ACT like you might buy. They live on hope... working the conversion numbers ... and use many shrink-like angles.

I was at a TIKI bar once with another guest/owner ... they develop an entire family and family drama ... to get the money. They had sick mother, dying father, MIA cousin, etc ... sort of like Kingler in MASH where the base commander page thru all his request to get out of the Army .... and Mother died, Father died, Mother & Father died, sister pregant , Mother & sister pregant, etc.

md8287

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Aruba, Harborside Atlantis & Westin Lagunamar
Agreed - rescind.
What resort is/was it?

ronparise

TUG Member
Reaction score
Found this site after making purchase at Wyndham timeshare presentation today.

We purchased 126k points today with Club Wyndham Plus along with Plus partners, RCI, Club pass and 1 year price lock.

Also got 274,000bonus points good for 2 years.

Retail was 31,600 and got it for $19,152.00

The yearly maintenance fees are $852 including Club Wyndham Plus program fees.

Should I cancel?
And 154000 points were sold on eBay for $1000

Yes cancel

ecwinch

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Harbour Point (HP), Kauai Beach Villas, Riverside Suites, WorldMark Pts (WM), Wyndham Pts
You should rescind. Your right to rescind exists because state governments recognize that timeshares are typically sold using high pressured sales tactics. So they require that buyers be allowed to rescind the sale after they purchase. Preserve your rights by rescinding now, and then research the purchase. Whatever special deal they said they gave you will still be there after you rescind.

whitewater

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Club Wyndham Access
Pueblo Bonito Sunset Beach (1Br, 2Br)
Pueblo Bonito Sunset Beach - Monte Cristo Estates

cayman01

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Bali Hai, Shearwater
Definitely rescind. Then take a few days, weeks or months and read thru TUG to educate you on timeshare ownership. It will really open your eyes. For less than half of what you were going to pay I got nearly a million and a half points .

Avislo

TUG Member
Reaction score
Last edited:

dioxide45

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grande Vista
Marriott Harbour Lake
Sheraton Vistana Villages
Club Wyndham CWA
If you buy on the resale market, you get 95% of the BIG MAC but KEEP thousands of YOUR dollars to buy steak.
But the Big Mac without the sauce just isn't the same.

sunshinefun

Reaction score
Thanks much everyone I sent out a certified rescind letter today!

Can they cancel the free travel week coupon that they gave me for attending sales presentation and another free one that my rep mailed to me today because of rescinding?

Avislo

TUG Member
Reaction score
Can they cancel the free travel week coupon that they gave me for attending sales presentation and another free one that my rep mailed to me today because of rescinding?[/QUOTE]

If they were gifts, no. Book them and see what the outcome is. If they were part of the purchase agreement, I would not.

rickandcindy23

TUG Review Crew: Elite
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham Founder; Disney OKW & SSR; Marriott's Willow Ridge,Shadow Ridge,Grand Chateau;Val Chatelle; Hono Koa OF (3); SBR(LOTS), SDO a few; Grand Palms; WKORV-OF (2),Westin Desert Willow.
I like Linda's Big Mac analogy, and enjoy a lot of steak with the savings, because that is truly big savings.

The benefits you get with a small amount of points is not worth much at all, especially not tens of thousands of dollars.

I like Wyndham, but it's just so crazy how people are giving it away, and most of those people did buy developer. Go figure.

BellaWyn

TUG Member
Reaction score
Thanks much everyone I sent out a certified rescind letter today!

Can they cancel the free travel week coupon that they gave me for attending sales presentation and another free one that my rep mailed to me today because of rescinding?
It's unlikely they will try to cancel the "free" travel week coupon. You have to stand on your head to get those to work for somewhere you really want to go. People make them work but generally, they are worth about the cost of the paper they are printed on. Try it, if it works, then nothing lost.

It would be interesting to see Wyn try to prove value on on one of those coupons.

Good job :cheer: getting the rescind documentation sent off so quickly AND for finding us here on TUG.

Welcome welcome welcome! :hi:

Lots of reading to do to understand the Wyndham learning curve that comes with ownership. Start with the Stickies at the top of this forum. And go slow. Information overwhelm is a real thing. :rolleyes:

ronparise

TUG Member
Reaction score
I like Linda's Big Mac analogy, and enjoy a lot of steak with the savings, because that is truly big savings.

The benefits you get with a small amount of points is not worth much at all, especially not tens of thousands of dollars.

I like Wyndham, but it's just so crazy how people are giving it away, and most of those people did buy developer. Go figure.

You have it backwards.

The crazy thing isn't the prices on eBay (that's what this stuff is worth) the crazy thing is how much Wyndham gets for it

BellaWyn

TUG Member
Reaction score
You have it backwards.

The crazy thing isn't the prices on eBay (that's what this stuff is worth) the crazy thing is how much Wyndham gets for it
Ron, do you know what the ratio split is on a developer sale between the sales commission vs net to Wyn? Those numbers might be entertaining.

rickandcindy23

TUG Review Crew: Elite
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham Founder; Disney OKW & SSR; Marriott's Willow Ridge,Shadow Ridge,Grand Chateau;Val Chatelle; Hono Koa OF (3); SBR(LOTS), SDO a few; Grand Palms; WKORV-OF (2),Westin Desert Willow.
You have it backwards.

Ron Parise
Works both ways, Ron. The people who bought and paid that much for it are just throwing their money away. It's really unbelievable to me. In 2008, I thought timeshare hit an all-time low, but nope, it's even cheaper now.

dagger1

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Hyatt Wild Oak Ranch, Hyatt Main Street Station, Hyatt Ka’anapali; Marriott Ko’Olina, Marriott Waiohai; Marriott Maui Ocean Club; Wyndham CWA points, Worldmark credits.
Last edited:

ronparise

TUG Member
Reaction score
Works both ways, Ron. The people who bought and paid that much for it are just throwing their money away. It's really unbelievable to me. In 2008, I thought timeshare hit an all-time low, but nope, it's even cheaper now.

I can make an argument that prices on the secondary market today are fair. Prices today are about as high as I want to pay. But still fair One might even say "rational" as opposed to prices in the Wyndham sales room that are, using your word, "crazy"

So no i don't think "it works both ways"

To answer BellaWin's question. I don't know how much salesmen make. What I do know is appx 50%-60% of the sales price goes to marketing and commission and about 16% is the cost of goods sold. Which leaves about 25% profit.

sunshinefun

Reaction score
So if you buy points on marketplace you still have to pay for closing fee and transfer costs?

I found 205,000 points on eBay including fees paid by seller for $2750.....

Is that a good deal?

whitewater

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Club Wyndham Access
Pueblo Bonito Sunset Beach (1Br, 2Br)
Pueblo Bonito Sunset Beach - Monte Cristo Estates
transfer fee is $299 some sellers charge closing on top but that is pure profit. CWA is not deaded thus no transfer fees.

Its an ok deal. Not one I think you need to rush into too:
You would be paying: (Dollars per 1000) 205 / $2750 (all in purchase price) = $.0745 per thousand

It would be better to be around .03-.06 per thousand points in my experience/opinion. Others will provide their views/opinion.

Last edited:

dagger1

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Hyatt Wild Oak Ranch, Hyatt Main Street Station, Hyatt Ka’anapali; Marriott Ko’Olina, Marriott Waiohai; Marriott Maui Ocean Club; Wyndham CWA points, Worldmark credits.
So if you buy points on marketplace you still have to pay for closing fee and transfer costs?

I found 205,000 points on eBay including fees paid by seller for $2750.....

Is that a good deal?
$2750/205 is over $13 per thousand points. High in my opinion.

ronparise

TUG Member
Reaction score
transfer fee is $275 some sellers charge closing on top but that is pure profit. CWA is not deaded thus no transfer fees.

Its an ok deal. Not one I think you need to rush into too:
You would be paying: (Points per 1000) 205 / $2750 (all in purchase price) = .0745 per thousand

It would be better to be around .03-.06 per thousand points in my experience/opinion. Others will provide their views/opinion.

It's dollars per 1000 points not 1000 points per dollar.

And $299 transfer fee whether it's CWA or CWS

And doing closings can be a profitable business but those costs are not pure profit there are tecording fees and preparing the new deed takes at least a little time and as we know time is money

Last edited:

sunshinefun

Reaction score
Curious about something. I sent this letter via Registered/Certified mail and was supposed to be delivered on this past saturday but still hasn't been delivered.

It is showing this on the USPS status page: The package is delayed and will not be delivered by the expected delivery date. An updated delivery date will be provided when available. The item is currently in transit to the destination as of April 2, 2017 at 3:32 am.

Any recommendations?