• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

ddholmes

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Grandview Las Vega
I am trying to figure out if I have already exit my timeshare at Grandview at Las Vegas or need to hire an attorney. I purchased timeshare on Monday, March 8 and sent notice of cancellation on Thursday, March 11 with overnight delivery. The notice of cancellation was delivered on Friday, March 12, at 11:47 am. Nevada law states that timeshares can be cancelled Until midnight of the fifth calendar day following the date of execution of the contract. Will the timeshare go by the date received or the date delivered when cancelling? I have not heard back from timeshare. I will call later today.

AwayWeGo

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Grandview At Las Vegas

[triennial - points]
I don't know about the wisdom of calling.

It might be better just to wait it out, I don't know.

-- Alan Cole, McLean (Fairfax County), Virginia, USA.​

tschwa2

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
A few in S and VA, a single resort in NC, MD, PA, and UT, plus Jamaica and the Bahamas
It goes by the date sent. You are fine.

tschwa2

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
A few in S and VA, a single resort in NC, MD, PA, and UT, plus Jamaica and the Bahamas
Thank you. I just wasn’t sure since I haven’t heard back from them or received a refund yet.
You may not hear back until you get your refund. Or they may call you and offer another deal to keep you hooked. You can ignore any calls, they aren't going to be to help you with your refund.

It could take a while for the refund. I believe in Nevada, they have either 30 or 45 days to refund your deposit.

TheTimeTraveler

TUG Member
Reaction score
You should be fine and hopefully you have retained the Postmarked mailing receipt to prove that you mailed in within the legally allowed rescission period should the issue end up going to Court. The Postmark rules the roost!

They don't have to notify you of receipt, but they DO have to act on it. It is quite possible that you may not see your money back until the 26th of April.

No worries. Sit back and relax. What you were prepared to pay many thousands of dollars for can be had on the resale market for just pennies on the dollar, but I am confident that you already know that.....

.:banana::wave::hi: Celebrate!

ddholmes

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Grandview Las Vega
You should be fine and hopefully you have retained the Postmarked mailing receipt to prove that you mailed in within the legally allowed rescission period should the issue end up going to Court. The Postmark rules the roost!

They don't have to notify you of receipt, but they DO have to act on it. It is quite possible that you may not see your money back until the 26th of April.

No worries. Sit back and relax. What you were prepared to pay many thousands of dollars for can be had on the resale market for just pennies on the dollar, but I am confident that you already know that.....

.:banana::wave::hi: Celebrate!

Thank you. I was stressing due to no communication. I did call and the receptionist that refused to give his name verified that they had received the cancellation on March 13. Every time I asked for his name he responded with I’m just the receptionist. I informed him that it was postmarked on March 11 and delivered and signed by one of their agents on March 12 at 11:47 am. I was then told to contact my verification officer for next step in cancellation process. I will send an email for paper trail.

TheTimeTraveler

TUG Member
Reaction score
Thank you. I was stressing due to no communication. I did call and the receptionist that refused to give his name verified that they had received the cancellation on March 13. Every time I asked for his name he responded with I’m just the receptionist. I informed him that it was postmarked on March 11 and delivered and signed by one of their agents on March 12 at 11:47 am. I was then told to contact my verification officer for next step in cancellation process. I will send an email for paper trail.

DON'T do anything more. They are required by law to act on your rescission letter (which you already know that they have). There are NO additional cancellation steps you need to take. You have officially and legally rescinded your purchase. Period. Done.

Note. They only want you to speak with them to either offer you a "better" deal, or talk you out of your cancellation. Do you really want to listen to that again???????

Hounding them won't get your money back any faster! In fact, it may slow it down!

ddholmes

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Grandview Las Vega
Thank you for that information. I will back off and sit and wait.

theo

TUG Member
Reaction score
I will back off and sit and wait.

Good plan. Forget making (or answering) any further phone calls and / or email correspondence on this matter. You're done.

Remember too, that they have no legal obligation to contact you at any time to "confirm" or "verify" your rescission.
Their only obligation is to process your timely and properly submitted rescission and refund 100% of your payment (within 45 days, by law --- although it most likely won't take nearly that long). You might get some confirmation correspondence later, but it might very well be that the only "verification" you ever subsequently receive is the actual refund of your deposit / payment.
Good job and well done. :thumbup:

P.S. This site tracks the money saved by people rescinding developer purchases. You can contribute to that ongoing tracking by posting the dollar amount of your (now rescinded) purchase.

ddholmes

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Grandview Las Vega
Good plan. Forget making (or answering) any further phone calls and / or email correspondence on this matter. You're done.

Remember too, that they have no legal obligation to contact you at any time to "confirm" or "verify" your rescission.
Their only obligation is to process your timely and properly submitted rescission and refund 100% of your payment (within 45 days, by law --- although it most likely won't take nearly that long). You might get some confirmation correspondence, but it might very well be that the only "verification" you subsequently receive is the actual refund of your deposit / payment.

Good job, well done. :thumbup:

P.S. This site tracks the money saved by people rescinding developer purchases. You can contribute to that tracking by posting the dollar amount of your (now rescinded) purchase.
Thank you. I will post my savings.

CPNY

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Harborside Resort at Atlantis
SVV - Key West/Bella
WKV
Regal Vista at Massanutten
I saved $10,000 plus $417 every other year in maintenance fees. They issued a full refund on the 10th day of cancellation. Thanks for checking.
Excellent! Did you rescind because you found tug or just went through the contract and realized you made a huge huge mistake lol

ddholmes

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Grandview Las Vega
Excellent! Did you rescind because you found tug or just went through the contract and realized you made a huge huge mistake lol
I realized I made a huge mistake. I was really bothered by the deal until I sent off the cancellation letter. Full relief came when I received my refund in full. I will never do that again. I work too hard for my money to just give it away to them for 1 week every other year.

DaveNV

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Free Agent
I realized I made a huge mistake. I was really bothered by the deal until I sent off the cancellation letter. Full relief came when I received my refund in full. I will never do that again. I work too hard for my money to just give it away to them for 1 week every other year.

Particularly since you can buy this same resort for pennies on the dollar on the resale market. It's a reasonable trader, and is a good resort to own, but you don't need to spend thousands to buy it. Do your research, and if you still want to own it, buy it resale.

Dave

ddholmes

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Grandview Las Vega
Particularly since you can buy this same resort for pennies on the dollar on the resale market. It's a reasonable trader, and is a good resort to own, but you don't need to spend thousands to buy it. Do your research, and if you still want to own it, buy it resale.

I will definitely do some research. Thanks.

Dave

Mowogo

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Grandview at Las Vegas; HGVC on Paradise; Bay Club at Waikoloa; Vacation Village Williamsburg; Sheraton Flex
Around $500 inclusive of fees to purchase. Grandview points are some of the best traders in RCI, with multiple weeks in decent resorts in a 1 bedroom. The extra stays offered at steep discounts without having to redeem points is also a nice benefit. The system has not introduced any super special system benefits that punish resale owners, so there is no reason to buy retail with Vacation Village.

Ty1on

TUG Member
Reaction score
Around $500 inclusive of fees to purchase. Grandview points are some of the best traders in RCI, with multiple weeks in decent resorts in a 1 bedroom. The extra stays offered at steep discounts without having to redeem points is also a nice benefit. The system has not introduced any super special system benefits that punish resale owners, so there is no reason to buy retail with Vacation Village.

Caveat to this: Certain weeks either converted to RCI points or deposited as TPU are some of the best contracts to have for RCI exchanges. One must do their homework to determine which weeks to seek and understand that there will be a slight premium paid to buy those weeks resale (meaning in the hundreds, not $10K)

Mowogo

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Grandview at Las Vegas; HGVC on Paradise; Bay Club at Waikoloa; Vacation Village Williamsburg; Sheraton Flex
Caveat to this: Certain weeks either converted to RCI points or deposited as TPU are some of the best contracts to have for RCI exchanges. One must do their homework to determine which weeks to seek and understand that there will be a slight premium paid to buy those weeks resale (meaning in the hundreds, not $10K)
I speak as someone that picked up my units resale points at Grandview for under $500 all in in each case.

Ty1on

TUG Member
Reaction score
I speak as someone that picked up my units resale points at Grandview for under $500 all in in each case.
I agree, was pointing out that one must be selective as some weeks are more bang for MF buck than others.

wk0934

Reaction score
Sorry to post on an old thread, but I just want to check on my situation. Trying to cancel a Westgate Las Vegas timeshare. I signed and mailed the "Time Share Notice of Cancellation" document within the five day window. UPS Next Day Air with Signature.

My question is, is this the only document I need to send? It includes all my information, developer / contract information, and the phrase, "I hereby revoke my contract or agreement for sale with ...". I see other posts or pages with "how to write a rescission letter" ... is there something else I need to include here?

Just worried that they will come back and say I didn't provide enough info or some other document. I'd appreciate if anyone here could help give me some peace of mind in advance.

Thanks,
Bill

Passepartout

TUG Member
Reaction score
Sorry to post on an old thread, but I just want to check on my situation. Trying to cancel a Westgate Las Vegas timeshare. I signed and mailed the "Time Share Notice of Cancellation" document within the five day window. UPS Next Day Air with Signature.

My question is, is this the only document I need to send? It includes all my information, developer / contract information, and the phrase, "I hereby revoke my contract or agreement for sale with ...". I see other posts or pages with "how to write a rescission letter" ... is there something else I need to include here?

Just worried that they will come back and say I didn't provide enough info or some other document. I'd appreciate if anyone here could help give me some peace of mind in advance.

Thanks,
Bill
You should be fine. It doesn't matter when they get it, only when you send the rescission letter. The business office is on Old Wintergarden Road in Ocoee, FL. Ensure that you sent it there, not to Las Vegas where you bought, and that all signers of the contract signed the rescission letter.

Wastegate as they are known here have predatory business practices, but even they won't mess with a timely rescission. Be patient, don't answer any calls from their sales weasels. It can take up to 45 days for the refund to get posted to your credit card, and they are under no obligation to inform you of the progress. Just know that it WILL be processed and they won't dare mess with it.

Welcome to TUG!

Jim

wk0934

Reaction score
Thank you! I did send to the address on the letter, which was Old Wintergarden Road in Ocoee, FL. I did also notify the person that did my paperwork here in Las Vegas, but not sure that was necessarily worth anything.

Appreciate the help!

Bill

WMLUCAS

Reaction score
I'm with you on stressing. I purchased on 23 sent my cancelation via certified and overnight mail on Feb 26 with 10 day recession period. Today is March 4th my 10th day and the USPS still hasn't delivered. The overnight shows they will receive it today. All of my letters are postmarked well before the 10 day cutoff. I'm still worried