• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Did a TUGger get the ebay Platinum SurfWatch?

FlyerBobcat

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Marriott's SurfWatch / PLATINUM / 2BR / Gardenview - US $10,100

Just sold on ebay

It's not that long ago that we'd seriously ask: "Will it pass ROFR?"...

Last edited:

sernow

TUG Member
Reaction score
Toured Surfwatch 11/2006. They were sold out of 2 bedroom platinum gv's, but the price shown on the pre-construction price list was $29,400.

Steve

Reaction score
I was watching that auction, but I didn't bid on it. The values have certainly tumbled from where they were even six months ago.

Steve

Reaction score
I haven't seen many of these on HHI

I wouldn't mind picking up another Platinum week at Grande Ocean for $10k! But I still haven't seen one even under $20k. Why do you think Surfwatch has gone down so much more than Grande Ocean?

PBS

FlyerBobcat

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
I wouldn't mind picking up another Platinum week at Grande Ocean for $10k! But I still haven't seen one even under $20k. Why do you think Surfwatch has gone down so much more than Grande Ocean?[/
Scott,

I'm not sure that it is fair/safe to state:

Why do you think Surfwatch has gone down so much more than Grande Ocean?

I've been watching ebay sales for Marriott HHI resorts for a number of months now, and this is the first Platinum I recall from the MGO/Barony/SurfWatch set of resorts being on ebay.
(Yes it was a Surfwatch "garden view" but still...)

I don't think that this ebay price reflects what SurfWatch platinum units would sell for across the board --- assuming there is much buying/selling going on in this resale market.

I can tell you that I'm not sure I want to see what happens if a Grande Ocean platinum goes up on ebay (since that is what I just recently purchased). :D

Thoughts anyone?

SueDonJ

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Barony Beach and SurfWatch
It seems to me that with the way the economy is going right now, there is no way to determine trends in even specific timeshare values. Folks of every income level are losing jobs and/or asset values every day. Some are making no moves, others are unloading everything they own, others can be anywhere in between those extremes. The guy who lost his job three months ago may have just unloaded his SurfWatch unit for a song, but the guy who picked it up got himself a steal and is probably anticipating an equity return when the market rebounds.

The only certainty appears to be, a single week's value is whatever offer has been made on it today. It's all way too uncertain for me to do anything but sit and watch and hope.

tombo

Tug Review Crew: Rookie
TUG Member
Reaction score