• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

[ 2021 ] Diamond wants me to consolidate all my collections into one?

Rtong

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Diamond Hawaii 7500
Just did this in Hawaii and now regret the cost of annual points for a Platinum Hawaii Collection. Transitions?
Is Hawaii MF on average much higher than others? How much more?

Rtong

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Diamond Hawaii 7500
you should rescind regardless! the fact that you still have unanswered questions is MORE than reason enough to do so.

once you get those questions answered, you can always make that same purchase again but you will only have one chance to rescind!
I was told the MF is $1100 at Cabo vs Hawaii $2100. Would it worth the switch by paying $18k upfront to switch?

Last edited:

Rtong

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Diamond Hawaii 7500
I was told the MF is $1100 at Cabo vs Hawaii $2000. Would it worth the switch by paying $18k for the switch?
Correction. $1100 vs $2100. Is Hawaii also on target for big assessments/cost jump?

Rtong

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Diamond Hawaii 7500
A word of caution to all DRI owners. If you don’t want more time for vacation, do not buy anything more from Diamond resorts. I have been with Diamond since they bought Sunterra in 2007-08. If you’re in the US Collection and you’re in Hawaii, the sales person will tell you how cheap the values of the properties are, how you’ll never get into the Hawaii properties in the future because of the limited inventory, etc. They even talk about how much equity you have in your timeshare. These are all lies. That’s putting it plain and simple. If you’re a Hawaii collection owner, they will try to make you seem foolish for buying Hawaii instead of the US Collection. The bottom line is that they earn their living selling you more points. I’m a. US Collection owner. At 13 months out I can get whatever I want in my collection. At 10 months out, I’ve always gotten whatever I want in Hawaii including 2 bedrooms at Ka’anapali Beach Club, and the deluxe ocean view 2 bedrooms at Cabo Azul. The bottom line is is that you don’t need to buy more points unnecessarily. Keep what you have and you’ll still be able to travel in the system successfully. Take this from a happy and very knowledgeable owner.
Hello, I hope to find out whether the MF is very different between US vs Hawaii vs Cabo? I entered a contract by hoping to reduce the Hawaii MF to Cabo MF by 40%? I am only with Hawaii with one cycle of MF ( prior to that was U.S. collection) and the sales told me Hawaii is expecting big increase. Does it make sense stick to this new agreement by paying $18k? I see Hawaii MF is 40% higher but the upfront $18k could take 12-15 years to recoup. Love to hear anyone with different MF at different collections/location for your insight. Thanks a lot!

Last edited:

csalter2

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Ko Olina
Marriott Aruba Surf Club
Marriott Ocean Pointe
Diamond Resorts Gold
Hello, I hope to find out whether the MF is very different between US vs Hawaii vs Cabo? I entered a contract by hoping to reduce the Hawaii MF to Cabo MF by 40%? I am only with Hawaii with one cycle of MF ( prior to that was U.S. collection) and the sales told me Hawaii is expecting big increase. Does it make sense stick to this new agreement by paying $18k? I see Hawaii MF is 40% higher but the upfront $18k could take 12-15 years to recoup. Love to hear anyone with different MF at different collections/location for your insight. Thanks a lot!
I just saw this and will say that your decision should be based upon where you want to go. If Hawaii is where you’d like to go then stay in the Hawaii Collection. The issue of getting accommodations at the Hawaii resorts for you will be greatly reduced. That’s what you are paying for. You have a greater peace of mind knowing that you can make that Hawaii reservation as early as 13 months out. If that is important to you then be happy with that. Paying that extra money to switch maintenance fees doesn’t make sense because you may want to go to more than Cabo Azul. I am going there next month. I belong to the US Collection. I am sure I will hear some nonsense about switching collections if I go to a sales presentation. I will politely decline because I have more choices with the US Collection. Plus, it doesn’t make financial sense to pay them more money to switch. Keep your money in your pockets. You will still be able to have as good as an experience with Diamond Resorts/Hilton Vacation Club if you stay put.