• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Diamond US Trust Timeshare - Should I rescind?? Please advise

WISE66

TUG Member
Reaction score
Frankly, I think you are a salesman.

I am sorry I come accross that way, I have only had my points for 2 years and have only looked to rent the ones I don't use in the last year. I know with all the different people out there there will always be doubt but the way I see it and try to come accross people is that I am not trying to make money off it. I am just trying to get people to help use up my points I don't use and adding 10% is more to cover extra costs that always seem to creap up when unexpected. If I knew all costs I would only charge the actual cost of the use off the points.

I am not trying to explain myself to change your mind cause people are going to think what they think, unless you actually meet someone and know them then you can truly know what there intentions are. Basically if I had to rely on being a saleman I would probably starve cause that is my worse attribute.

Thanks for your opinion.

csalter2

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Ko Olina
Marriott Aruba Surf Club
Marriott Ocean Pointe
Diamond Resorts Gold
86,500 DRI Points?

I am sorry I come accross that way, I have only had my points for 2 years and have only looked to rent the ones I don't use in the last year. I know with all the different people out there there will always be doubt but the way I see it and try to come accross people is that I am not trying to make money off it. I am just trying to get people to help use up my points I don't use and adding 10% is more to cover extra costs that always seem to creap up when unexpected. If I knew all costs I would only charge the actual cost of the use off the points.

I am not trying to explain myself to change your mind cause people are going to think what they think, unless you actually meet someone and know them then you can truly know what there intentions are. Basically if I had to rely on being a saleman I would probably starve cause that is my worse attribute.

Thanks for your opinion.

Well, I am sorry. It is unimaginable to me that someone would purchase that many points even if you can get them cheaply for resale because the MF's are so expensive each year. For that many points, you are talking almost $11,000 for last year and they go up each year. You stated in an earlier post that you bought all of those points for friends and family and yourself. I could understand for yourself and maybe your kids and such, but friends? That's not the norm.

Now it is possible that you're independently wealthy and this timeshare stuff like MF's are a drop in the bucket for you, but $11,000 in maintenance fees is a lot of money in my book. However, to each his own. More power to you!

signman

Reaction score
5000 diamond points will get you almost nothing. a studio in off season at best. check the diamond catalog not the interval catalog. i sold at diamond, they will refer you to the interval book when pitching but diamond pts do not work in interval. a 1 bdrm in diamond is around 12k pts a studio is around 3 to 5k pts.