• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Diamond Resorts?

W0nderstruck

Reaction score
Was their setup as this? I see a wheel. This is the one at this week's golf tournament
3c6c8f37c9a644d3bd252f5d65c1f9c4.jpg

Sent from my SM-A505G using Tapatalk
Yes it was like that. You got a coupon upon entering the travel show you could “redeem” at the booth. A sales associate came up and took your coupon then let you spin the wheel and took you over to a table where they explained everything. How your getting three trips for X price so long as you go to the seminar on their resorts. I think they are supposed to offer the one you land on as one of your trips. But my friend landed on golf and the women gave her a honeymoon stay instead because she could tell my friend didn’t golf.

W0nderstruck

Reaction score
I purchased the exact same Diamond package last Sunday at the Boston travel show. Reading the posts about Diamond and the package deal, I want to cancel and get my $299 back. Should I just dispute the credit charge? (I don’t see anything in the paperwork about how to cancel.)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I thought I saw somewhere on the paperwork that it was 10 days to cancel but upon looking for it I can’t find it.

I also purchased at the Boston travel show. Still undecided weather to keep or not. If it’s just as easy as doing the seminar and then getting the gifts then it’s worth it.

They’re super helpful on the phone. If you curious before you dispute it, call the number on the side of the pamphlet and they’ll tell you everything and put it in writing(an email).

I was told you get your “gifts”(other trips and $109 visa) after you do the seminar. She also said if you book within 10 days you get a free night added onto the first trip.

gwberg

TUG Member
Reaction score
My experience over many years of timeshare presentations is that the “seminars” are NEVER easy. They always make it seem that way until two hours into it and you try to say no, I don’t want to buy. Then all bets are off. And if you do buy—and we’ve bought a lot—there’s always a discrepancy between what you were told, what you understood, and what you end up getting. I’ll think about calling, but I already feel the salesperson at the Travel show gave me the wrong impression about seeing all the details on a website (not verbally on the phone or by email). If he lied about that then what else isn’t true? If it seems to good to be true it probably is. Happy to hear your thoughts, though.

gwberg

TUG Member
Reaction score
Oh, and read the terms and conditions. It says “no cancellations or refunds.” That’s a huge red flag. I don’t know what Massachusets law says but I bet there’s a law about that. In Florida it is 10 days to cancel and they have to put on the contract. As I write this I still think I’ll dispute it later today (it’s been a week) and hope the credit card company will back me up.

goaliedave

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Raintree, Diamond (bought by Hilton), Shell (bought by Wyndham), Sheraton (bought by Marriott), Palace Resorts, a few independants
Yes it was like that. You got a coupon upon entering the travel show you could “redeem” at the booth. A sales associate came up and took your coupon then let you spin the wheel and took you over to a table where they explained everything. How your getting three trips for X price so long as you go to the seminar on their resorts. I think they are supposed to offer the one you land on as one of your trips. But my friend landed on golf and the women gave her a honeymoon stay instead because she could tell my friend didn’t golf.
Closeup of the wheel. Yes they will change prizes easily as you said. Lots signing up.

Followup to looking into Destination Exchange workings... my update salesperson was so bad and didn't know what it was.
776e33c70a53b3215511cb9b3616c4bf.jpg

W0nderstruck

Reaction score
Closeup of the wheel. Yes they will change prizes easily as you said. Lots signing up.

Followup to looking into Destination Exchange workings... my update salesperson was so bad and didn't know what it was.
776e33c70a53b3215511cb9b3616c4bf.jpg

Yeah that was it. When I called the number on the side it said destination exchange on the welcome message. Not totally sure what it is.

Wondering if because it’s new he/she didn’t know?

goaliedave

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Raintree, Diamond (bought by Hilton), Shell (bought by Wyndham), Sheraton (bought by Marriott), Palace Resorts, a few independants
Destination exchange i described above... each department has their own staff. Once you get your cruise cert that will he another department etc

W0nderstruck

Reaction score
My experience over many years of timeshare presentations is that the “seminars” are NEVER easy. They always make it seem that way until two hours into it and you try to say no, I don’t want to buy. Then all bets are off. And if you do buy—and we’ve bought a lot—there’s always a discrepancy between what you were told, what you understood, and what you end up getting. I’ll think about calling, but I already feel the salesperson at the Travel show gave me the wrong impression about seeing all the details on a website (not verbally on the phone or by email). If he lied about that then what else isn’t true? If it seems to good to be true it probably is. Happy to hear your thoughts, though.

Yeah I definitely don’t plan on buying one. I honestly just bought it for the trips with no intention of signing up for a timeshare.

What did he say about seeing the details on the website?

I’m still undecided about what I’m going to do. If you cancel let me know how it goes. I’ve seen people send in letters rescinding their purchase and others just dispute with their CC saying they were lied to a few called to cancel as well. This was all just in research though.

W0nderstruck

Reaction score
Destination exchange i described above... each department has their own staff. Once you get your cruise cert that will he another department etc

Ohhhh, Sorry must have missed that response.

I got an email basically stating
The presentation will last approximately one hundred twenty (120) minutes. As a token of our appreciation for the time you will be spending with us at your Discover Diamond sales presentation you will receive $100 Visa Gift Card, 4 Night Ice Cruise cert., Destination Xchange (DEX) cert.. You will then be free to enjoy the rest of your vacation as you wish.

So the cruise certificate is Ice, whatever that is.

goaliedave

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Ohhh that's not particularly good if it's from ICE. They are a 3rd party that Diamond just started using. I googled them and saw only bad reviews. Hopefully you have a good experience.

gwberg

TUG Member
Reaction score
I disputed the credit card charge. The salesman did lie to us about having a website. I’ll let you how that goes.

W0nderstruck

Reaction score
Ohhh that's not particularly good if it's from ICE. They are a 3rd party that Diamond just started using. I googled them and saw only bad reviews. Hopefully you have a good experience.

What kind of bad reviews did you see? I did see some negative BBB reviews.

I’m thinking I’m just gonna dispute the charge if ICE is difficult to deal with. Don’t particularly wanna have headache after headaches trying to book these trips.

W0nderstruck

Reaction score
I disputed the credit card charge. The salesman did lie to us about having a website. I’ll let you how that goes.

So he said there’d be a website to book from? Or just with info?

I’m thinking of disputing too after hearing ICE has negative reviews. Did you just tell your CC that you felt you were lied to?

gwberg

TUG Member
Reaction score
Yes, we explained in our dispute that the salesman lied. We asked him to give us a copy of the laminated sheets that gave details of the cruise and resort stay. He said we could find the same information on their website. That’s not true.

W0nderstruck

Reaction score
Yes, we explained in our dispute that the salesman lied. We asked him to give us a copy of the laminated sheets that gave details of the cruise and resort stay. He said we could find the same information on their website. That’s not true.

How did it go? Did they give you any trouble?

gwberg

TUG Member
Reaction score
Sorry to be so late with this reply. My credit card company resolved the dispute in my favor. I got all my money back.