• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Diamond Resorts Newsletter - sent by Hilton

dioxide45

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grande Vista
Marriott Harbour Lake
Sheraton Vistana Villages
Club Wyndham CWA
It might be jumping the gun a little bit to be renaming or merging forums just yet. Right now we are just talking about rebranding a few resorts. Diamond isn't gone yet.

pedro47

TUG Member
Reaction score
Dioxide45 is correct right just looking at Hilton. There is The Hiltion Club and The Hiltion Grand Vacation Club.

dayooper

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC: The Flamingo, The Boulevard
It might be jumping the gun a little bit to be renaming or merging forums just yet. Right now we are just talking about rebranding a few resorts. Diamond isn't gone yet.

I think it just started as a little fun with @T_R_Oglodyte and myself. I know that I had no intention of wanting to rename anything quite yet. A little discussion like what happened after never hurt anybody and might be productive down the road.

Eric B

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Vacation Village, Wyndham, WorldMark, Vistana, Vidanta, Flora Farms, HGVC Max, and some independents
Does it seem a bit odd to anyone else that the lowest bin on the scale is Midscale? Hadn't really thought about it until @youppi listed the full scale by name.

Eric B

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Vacation Village, Wyndham, WorldMark, Vistana, Vidanta, Flora Farms, HGVC Max, and some independents
All the resorts are above average!

dioxide45

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grande Vista
Marriott Harbour Lake
Club Wyndham CWA
Does it seem a bit odd to anyone else that the lowest bin on the scale is Midscale? Hadn't really thought about it until @youppi listed the full scale by name.
When including the hotel brands on here, it probably makes sense. I wouldn't put any of those Hilton brands in the same league as Econo Lodge, Motel 6 or Super 8.

dayooper

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
When including the hotel brands on here, it probably makes sense. I wouldn't put any of those Hilton brands in the same league as Econo Lodge, Motel 6 or Super 8.

Think of some of the non brand affiliated no tell motels. Those dive places would rank below the ones you listed!

Multiple time Diamond Resorts tried to buy Bluegreen Vacations in the past.
So, if HGV would buy Bluegreen in the future, HGV would have all scale of resorts (Midscale, Upper Midscale, Upscale, Upper Upscale and Luxury resorts).

https://s27.q4cdn.com/757306400/files/doc_presentations/FINAL-HGV-DRI-Slides-(1).pdf.
View attachment 44884

While I don’t think that HGV will buy BlueGreen, I don’t think that the consolidation of timeshare systems is finished. We have the Big 3 of Wyndham, MVC and HGV and the marketing power of their brands. The other systems that aren’t affiliated with hotel brands will struggle to keep up. I wonder if some of the smaller systems will be ripe for a buyout by the Big 3. Seems like it could be a better way to expand than building new resorts. Could international systems like DiVi and Anatara might be targets as well?

I also wonder what MVC will do with Hyatt (along with the newly acquired Welk). Will they keep them and let them sit? Will they sell them to an outside company and become the Big 4? I couldn’t tell you what is going on with Hyatt but it seems they are just out there in their own.

Eric B

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Think of some of the non brand affiliated no tell motels. Those dive places would rank below the ones you listed!

While I don’t think that HGV will buy BlueGreen, I don’t think that the consolidation of timeshare systems is finished. We have the Big 3 of Wyndham, MVC and HGV and the marketing power of their brands. The other systems that aren’t affiliated with hotel brands will struggle to keep up. I wonder if some of the smaller systems will be ripe for a buyout by the Big 3. Seems like it could be a better way to expand than building new resorts. Could international systems like DiVi and Anatara might be targets as well?

I also wonder what MVC will do with Hyatt (along with the newly acquired Welk). Will they keep them and let them sit? Will they sell them to an outside company and become the Big 4? I couldn’t tell you what is going on with Hyatt but it seems they are just out there in their own.

Holiday Inn is another hotel brand one; I've never been to one of those and have no idea whether they've been growing or not. Don't think they'd be bought up by the Big 3 due to the branding issue.

GT75

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Legacy HGVC
FAVC-Cabo
also wonder what MVC will do with Hyatt (along with the newly acquired Welk). Will they keep them and let them sit? Will they sell them to an outside company and become the Big 4?
I thought that MVC was spinning off Hyatt. I could also be dreaming again. It is hard for me to stay current on HGVC and HC.

dioxide45

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grande Vista
Marriott Harbour Lake
Club Wyndham CWA
I thought that MVC was spinning off Hyatt. I could also be dreaming again. It is hard for me to stay current on HGVC and HC.
People here mentioned that as possibility, but no mention of that from Marriott Vacations Worldwide.

dayooper

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Holiday Inn is another hotel brand one; I've never been to one of those and have no idea whether they've been growing or not. Don't think they'd be bought up by the Big 3 due to the branding issue.

I agree and that’s why I left them out. I know nothing of their system other than they bought out Silverleaf (I think that’s what it’s called). Are they on par with BlueGreen?

I also wonder about Wastegate and when that family will want to sell off. If I understand the situation, the system is very very consumer unfriendly but they have some very nice resorts. Isn’t there a ski property that is very nice?

youppi

TUG Member
Reaction score
You are right. There is a 6th scale in hotel called Economy as per the following links but Hilton didn't show it in their presentation

GT75

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Legacy HGVC
FAVC-Cabo
Westgate has a very nice looking resort (but haven’t step foot inside) at Park City only 1/2 block from HGVC Sunrise Lodge on Canyon side.

dayooper

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Westgate has a very nice looking resort (but haven’t step foot inside) at Park City only 1/2 block from HGVC Sunrise Lodge on Canyon side.

Thats the resort I was thinking of.

ljmiii

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
When Marriott Vacations Worldwide purchased ILG, I remember reading that obtaining a license for the Hyatt name was uncertain and that Hyatt might be renamed, spun off, or perhaps even sold back to Hyatt. But I haven't read anything about it since.

Talent312

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC & GTS
As "low" as I will go is a Hampton Inn (Hilton) or Fairfield Inn (Marriott).
They're in the low-mid range, like camping, but I'm comfortable there.

PigsDad

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC Elite: SeaWorld, Surf Club, Charter Club, Valdoro
If you think staying in a Hampton Inn is "like camping", I think you and I have a dramatically different definition of "camping". :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO:

ways-to-stay-tent-sites.jpg

vs.

kna-al-bhm-hi-ext-day.jpg

Kurt

Last edited:
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Hilton Las Vegas
Wyndham Sedona
Wyndham Kona
We won't stay any lower than Hilton Garden Inn, if we can avoid it. Hampton Inns are adequate, just don't care for the beds.

Fairfield, we've done it once, which was the last straw in transitioning to Hilton.

We had a 4 night stay booked at Fairfield in Peachtree City, GA, that was accidentally cancelled at checking. They created 2 new bookings, Mon - Wed, and Tues - Sat. The manager accused me of lying about leaving on Friday, and said that the now double booked Wednesday would take care of itself in the system. IT created a 4th booking, mimicking my original, but the manager changed her mind about cancelling the other flawed bookings, hanging up on IT. "She doesn't want to talk to me anymore, can you try and convince her?" It took 6 weeks, over a dozen phone calls, to finally get it all straightened out.

sfwilshire

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Tristram's Landing, Tree Tops Gatlinburg, Mystic Dunes, Sheraton Vistana Spas & Fountains

Some of the Hampton Inns are very nice, but I recall one in the Nashville area that was definitely not up to Hilton standards. Always a risk with Hilton or Marriott franchises. Some are definitely better than others. I also found a stand out Fairfield in Lewisville TX a few years ago after mostly avoiding that Marriott brand.

Sheila

dayooper

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
If you think staying in a Hampton Inn is "like camping", I think you and I have a dramatically different definition of "camping". :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO:

ways-to-stay-tent-sites.jpg

vs.

kna-al-bhm-hi-ext-day.jpg

Kurt

For some (ok, the very few that can afford it), this is "Camping"

1641823604317.png

But for many, this is their version of camping (I have been in a travel trailer just like this one).

1641823737265.png

sfwilshire

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Tristram's Landing, Tree Tops Gatlinburg, Mystic Dunes, Sheraton Vistana Spas & Fountains
The Hilton Honors app already has some of the DRI resorts loaded but not able to book. They say coming soon and are listed as Hilton Vacation Club. Mystic Dunes in Orlando is one.

We have been Mystic Dunes owners for decades through multiple management and name changes. My only major complaint with Diamond has been the hefty increases in Maintenance fees. I also hoped they would move to RCI or dual affiliation. I don't have the best luck with II. I considered letting my interval go before the HGVC merger was announced, but my week 52 3br unit that sleeps 12 is used at least half the time by my extended family.

I'm looking forward to what I hope are positive changes with this acquisition.

Sheila

dayooper

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Some of the Hampton Inns are very nice, but I recall one in the Nashville area that was definitely not up to Hilton standards. Always a risk with Hilton or Marriott franchises. Some are definitely better than others. I also found a stand out Fairfield in Lewisville TX a few years ago after mostly avoiding that Marriott brand.

Sheila

We actually really like the Home2Suite in Lexington Kentucky. It's our stop on the way home from Hilton Head. It's a very well run hotel with nice, big rooms.

dayooper

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
We have been Mystic Dunes owners for decades through multiple management and name changes. My only major complaint with Diamond has been the hefty increases in Maintenance fees. I also hoped they would move to RCI or dual affiliation. I don't have the best luck with II. I considered letting my interval go before the HGVC merger was announced, but my week 52 3br unit that sleeps 12 is used at least half the time by my extended family.

I'm looking forward to what I hope are positive changes with this acquisition.

Sheila

It sounds like this is quite the resort and I think that's the reason it was one of the first to be uploaded into the Hilton Hotel system (still can't book it through Hilton Hotels, says it's coming soon). I hope that HGV will keep the MF's at HVC resorts the same or down a bit. From what I understand, the management fees the resorts had to pay were pretty high. Hopefully HGV can upgrade the resort to the new standard and build up your reserves.

I feel the opposite about the exchange companies. I wish I had access to II through HGVC. Outside of a resort or 2 along the Lake Michigan shore that never have availability when I can go, the only RCI resorts I was interested in were the DVC resorts. Now they are gone and I have no desire to use RCI. If I had access to Hyatt, MVC and Vistana, I might use it more often. I think it's possible that @escanoe may be right in that HGV might use DEX to start their own exchange mechanism. Who knows, but the offerings on RCI I'm interested in are very thin.

I hope you do get some positive changes. I have been very happy with my HGVC purchase. We have had very nice accommodations and the service has been first rate. They do a great job at keeping MF's reasonable (I pay $2240 all in for my 2 platinum weeks and club dues) so I'm hoping they do the same for you all.

ocdb8r

TUG Member
Reaction score
We actually really like the Home2Suite in Lexington Kentucky. It's our stop on the way home from Hilton Head. It's a very well run hotel with nice, big rooms.

Yes - not necessarily the best use of certificates, but I am a big fan of Homewood and Home2 Suites (I prefer the Homewood for the slightly better breakfast and occasional afternoon drinks/snacks reception. However, the main reason is just being spoiled with the extra space and kitchen a timeshare offers (which Homewood and Home2 offer as well).