• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Diamond Resorts Newsletter - sent by Hilton

Mongoose

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Hyatt Pinion Pointe, Hilton The Bay Club, Worldmark
2 bed lock off. Any time of the year. MF 1360 for 2023. We have booked ski week for the last 10 years no problem.
For DRI that seems very reasonable.

rcing

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Diamond Resorts
I'm new to this forum and had my Owner's Meeting yesterday. Unfortunately, they didn't give me any paper. They were vague and very much like a Diamond meeting. They were selling a conversion package that I was told was a minimum. They had most of my accout numbers wrong, greatly inflated. When I told they said these are the numbers in the system. In the end, it didn't matter. I had 2 choices: 1) Join HGV for $26,500 and I would have no maintenance fees and they would convert my points. I would be Hilton Gold and have access to everything I could imagine (my editorialzing).
2) Stay where I am and watch my choices of properties reduce over time and watch maintenance fees grow faster than they ever have.
Just to make it interesting, if I didn't take the HGV choice that day, it would go to something like $67,000. I guess I will wait for the class action suit.

Mongoose

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Hyatt Pinion Pointe, Hilton The Bay Club, Worldmark
I'm new to this forum and had my Owner's Meeting yesterday. Unfortunately, they didn't give me any paper. They were vague and very much like a Diamond meeting. They were selling a conversion package that I was told was a minimum. They had most of my accout numbers wrong, greatly inflated. When I told they said these are the numbers in the system. In the end, it didn't matter. I had 2 choices: 1) Join HGV for $26,500 and I would have no maintenance fees and they would convert my points. I would be Hilton Gold and have access to everything I could imagine (my editorialzing).
2) Stay where I am and watch my choices of properties reduce over time and watch maintenance fees grow faster than they ever have.
Just to make it interesting, if I didn't take the HGV choice that day, it would go to something like $67,000. I guess I will wait for the class action suit.
Welcome to the forum. There is a ton of information and links on this site for the merger and HGVMax. I wouldn't believe much of what you were told. First, there will always be maintenance fees, otherwise how would the buildings be maintained and renovated. Second, they have announced that if you have a developer purchase you should be able to join HGVMax in Q3 or Q4 for $7K. Next, I really doubt your choices will diminish over time. If you are in the Club, it will remain even if they change the flag out front. I am a Hilton owner. Most owners on TUG are wait and see. It would be unwise to buy now. What were you supposed to get for your $26K beyond access to HGVC?

Nowaker

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC: 41,520 points - Coylumbridge, Flamingo, Elara, Trump, 2x Boulevard
First, there will always be maintenance fees, otherwise how would the buildings be maintained and renovated
Ponzi scheme! Have more people join for a one-time fee of $26,500 till the end of time!

Talent312

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC & GTS
I had 2 choices:
1) Join HGV for $26,500 and I would have no maintenance fees and they would convert my points. I would be Hilton Gold and have access to everything I could imagine...

How do you know a TS sales-weasel is lying? .. His lips are moving.
Only if its in the contract, would you have standing to sue.
It's never in the contract...
1A. There are no TS's without MF's, nor even full-condo ownership.
1B. "Hilton Gold" refers to HHonors...So, free breakfast at hotels?
2A. Access won't diminish. You'll always have what you have now.
2B. MF's _always_ grow faster than we like... Its a simple fact of TS-life.

Last edited:

T_R_Oglodyte

TUG Lifetime Member
Reaction score
This the classic "Fear of Loss" sales strategy. You need to buy more to protect what you already own.

An effective response is to say that you were promised certain benefits when you made your purchase, and now you're telling me that I need to buy more to keep from losing the benefits I was already promised? Why would I want to give my money to a company that is debasing what they sold me before?

It was fun seeing a DRI sales person squirm when I gave him that response. After telling me in no uncertain terms that I needed to buy more to protect my existing reservation privileges, he insisted that they weren't taking anything away, I would still retain my existing reservation rights. Then I asked why would I need to buy more to retain my existing reservation rights if they weren't being debased? It was amusing to hear him trying to talk his way around that for about ten minutes before he finally gave up.

That was the last time that DRI paired with one of the general sales reps. Ever since, they've put me with a different sales crew, that deals only with existing owners and is much more low pressure.

T-Dot-Traveller

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Mayan Palace Regency
Taranova
I'm new to this forum
and had my Owner's Meeting yesterday.
Unfortunately, they didn't give me any paper. They were vague and very much like a Diamond meeting.
They were selling a conversion package that I was told was a minimum. They had most of my accout numbers wrong, greatly inflated. When I told they said these are the numbers in the system. In the end, it didn't matter. I had 2 choices: 1) Join HGV for $26,500 and I would have no maintenance fees and they would convert my points. I would be Hilton Gold and have access to everything I could imagine (my editorialzing).

Welcome to TUG
A great place to learn how to better use what you already own.

Owners meetings always = sales pitches
TS Sales Pitches always = an offer of a new alternate vision that will make things wonderful and help you out
[ while simultaneously removing lots of money $$$ - from your wallet]

Hubble

Reaction score

Sounds like the meeting I had in Williamsburg back in 2017 about my VA Beach unit. We had an offseason week that traded reasonably well on II. The rep. offered to convert us to points for 17K, saying we'd be paying an MF of over 3K overnight if we passed. After we refused, they
had us sign a document, and gave us a new offer of 76K that we had to refuse in writing. Three years later, we did "Transitions". I could have probably made it work for another year or two, but we got enough out it and are glad to be rid of them.