• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Diamond rescinded our deed/membership for nonpayment...but we paid and they acknowledge we paid

Bogusfakeaddy

Reaction score
We own at Alhambra at Poinciana, part of the old Amber Vacation Club that Diamond absorbed. We have a Diamond membership, but it can only be used at the 5 resorts in the Amber group, even though we pay Diamond fees. We paid our full $1173.34 on 12/20/2020. Our membership and deed was rescinded later that month. I have no idea what happened to our deed, no one at Diamond can tell me. I checked our credit reports and the County's website to see if legal action has been taken against us and don't see anything filed. There is no mortgage on our property, it was paid in full for in cash at closing.
We have filed a second formal complaint with the Attorney General and are waiting for a callback tomorrow from the Senior VP of Customer Service & Club Operations. We want our money back for our maintenance fees and out of Diamond for good. We have had nothing but problems since Diamond took over Amber, we've lost months of access to the website and ability to book vacations and now I'm concerned about our credit rating.
Does anyone know of a reputable time share attorney that would talk to us? Any other advice on how to proceed? We are beside ourselves. We pay our bills in a timely manner and own other timeshares both standalone and with other vacation groups, we are experienced owners, this isn't buyer's remorse.
Any help would be appreciated

RX8

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC and DVC
How do you know that your membership and deed were rescinded? Did you receive anything in the mail? It sure seems odd that Diamond can't tell you what happened. Have you tried escalating to a supervisor? Of course, that is if you want to get your deed/membership back. I know nothing about Amber Vacation Club but even losing your maintenance fees you might still be better off if they can provide proof that you are free of your ownership. If your ultimate goal is to be free of it paying a timeshare attorney is not going to be a good use of your money. They are likely to charge at least the maintenance fee amount.

pedro47

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Did you ask the county clerk office for a copy of your deed? The county clerk office can prove that you have pay off the loan and they should be able to mail you a copy of the deed.

travelplus

Reaction score
I thought they would be calling you and sending you letters before cancelling your Deed. Why would they not want your money? You paid on time and have a receipt of payment. Did the Bank not clear the check?

Tell Owner Services to go and look for your payment and reinstate your Membership and reservations or ask them for a full refund of your purchase and go and buy resale.

Bogusfakeaddy

Reaction score
How do you know that your membership and deed were rescinded? Did you receive anything in the mail? It sure seems odd that Diamond can't tell you what happened. Have you tried escalating to a supervisor? Of course, that is if you want to get your deed/membership back. I know nothing about Amber Vacation Club but even losing your maintenance fees you might still be better off if they can provide proof that you are free of your ownership. If your ultimate goal is to be free of it paying a timeshare attorney is not going to be a good use of your money. They are likely to charge at least the maintenance fee amount.
We escalated all the way to the Senior VP of Customer Service & Club Operations. She confirmed our deed and membership had been rescinded but had not been filed with the courts yet. She did a deep dive and confirmed, in writing, that nothing had been filed in the courts and nothing had been reported to any credit bureau. She apologized profusely and in the end agreed to take the deed back, refund the maintenance fees we had paid, and close our Diamond account entirely. We have already received out fees back, now just waiting on the official paperwork to turn the deed back over to Diamond legally.

Bogusfakeaddy

Reaction score
I thought they would be calling you and sending you letters before cancelling your Deed. Why would they not want your money? You paid on time and have a receipt of payment. Did the Bank not clear the check?

Tell Owner Services to go and look for your payment and reinstate your Membership and reservations or ask them for a full refund of your purchase and go and buy resale.
Amber Vacation Club is part of Diamond, but not really. There's a separate Amber group within Diamond. Someone screwed up royally. The fees were put on our credit card, we had a receipt of payment. Their system even showed we paid...yet they rescinded our membership and deed. We went up the food chain and were able to get our maintenance fees back and our deed taken back legally, along with a letter stating no action had been taken against us in the courts or reported to credit bureaus. We just have to sign the deed over and we are done with Diamond.

Bogusfakeaddy

Reaction score
Diamond told us our membership and deed were rescinded. Amber Vacation Club isn't really part of Diamond, they bought them out but they operate separately. We could only exchange through Amber properties, not the whole DIamond portfolio. When you call Diamond those reps cannot see the Amber system or know wtf the Amber people did. We ended up getting of maintenance fees back and our account formally closed, deed taken back. We are done with DIamond

travelplus

Reaction score
Diamond told us our membership and deed were rescinded. Amber Vacation Club isn't really part of Diamond, they bought them out but they operate separately. We could only exchange through Amber properties, not the whole DIamond portfolio. When you call Diamond those reps cannot see the Amber system or know wtf the Amber people did. We ended up getting of maintenance fees back and our account formally closed, deed taken back. We are done with DIamond

I am glad you got your MF's back and please consider resale!

davidvel

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Shadow Ridge (Villages)
Carlsbad Inn
I've never heard of a deed being rescinded, but using your terminology if it was, why does it now need to be "taken back" and you need to sign it over? Something is amiss here...maybe lost in translation.

Reactions: RX8

Fried_shrimp

Reaction score
We own at Alhambra at Poinciana, part of the old Amber Vacation Club that Diamond absorbed. We have a Diamond membership, but it can only be used at the 5 resorts in the Amber group, even though we pay Diamond fees. We paid our full $1173.34 on 12/20/2020. Our membership and deed was rescinded later that month. I have no idea what happened to our deed, no one at Diamond can tell me. I checked our credit reports and the County's website to see if legal action has been taken against us and don't see anything filed. There is no mortgage on our property, it was paid in full for in cash at closing.
We have filed a second formal complaint with the Attorney General and are waiting for a callback tomorrow from the Senior VP of Customer Service & Club Operations. We want our money back for our maintenance fees and out of Diamond for good. We have had nothing but problems since Diamond took over Amber, we've lost months of access to the website and ability to book vacations and now I'm concerned about our credit rating.
Does anyone know of a reputable time share attorney that would talk to us? Any other advice on how to proceed? We are beside ourselves. We pay our bills in a timely manner and own other timeshares both standalone and with other vacation groups, we are experienced owners, this isn't buyer's remorse.
Any help would be appreciated

That's seriously messed up. Could they have reinstated your week (if you had wanted)?

DesireMore

Reaction score
Call whichever credit card you use for your maintenance fees and explain the situation. Most card companies won't dispute transactions that occurred more than two months ago, but sometimes they will when the situation is egregious enough.

dioxide45

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grande Vista
Marriott Harbour Lake
Sheraton Vistana Villages
Club Wyndham CWA
Call whichever credit card you use for your maintenance fees and explain the situation. Most card companies won't dispute transactions that occurred more than two months ago, but sometimes they will when the situation is egregious enough.
It sounds like they were already refunded the fee that was paid.