• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Diamond Bell ranch, Arizona

rapmarks

TUG Review Crew: Elite
TUG Member
Reaction score
My aunt who is in her eighties, bought property at Diamond Bell Ranch, west of Tucson, back in the 60's when it was promoted heavily in chicago. Coincidently, she moved to Tucson some years later, and was widowed a few years later. When we visited her about 10 years ago, we drove out to Diamond Bell Ranch and discovered no houses, no roads, nothing, despite the letters she received over the years about the new clubhouse, etc. She decided that she was going to hold on the land..
She called today that she had received a call offering $1000 for her land. I said I would do a little checking for her. anyone have an idea how I can look up anything about land prices. it might be in Pima County. I wonder if it has started to get developed now.

mtngal

TUG Member
Reaction score
I got curious about this since I once lived in Sierra Vista, so did a google search on Diamond Bell Ranch. In about 5 minutes, I found a number of ads for lots and some houses for sale there, and it is in Pima County. There are lots advertised for around $12,000 (don't know if that's realistic or not), a report that in 2002 their water was safe, and an article that talked about illegals using that area to come across the border. There's also a link to a developer, but I didn't spend enough time to tell if they were really developing it or not.

You can also check with Pima County - I know that Clark County has the county property ownership records on-line (once looked up the deed for a timeshare I was interested in - was curious to see how much the previous owners paid for it). They would have record of recent sales (if any, it looks like a pretty isolated spot, but I haven't been in that part of Arizona in over 20 years, so I could be wrong about that).

JEFF H

Reaction score
I think its safe to say someone is trying to take huge advantage of your Aunt.
If she really wants to sell contact a area Realator for a more accurate estimate of true value. Size of lot and its actual location as well as water and electric availability to lot would make a difference.
Property values have sky rocketed here in tucson as in other areas over the last couple years but are starting to cool slightly.
Diamond Bell ranch area is considered to be in the Extended southwest property zone outside of Tucson.
Its actually south of Three Points and about 40 miles from Tucson if you look it up on a Map.

rapmarks

TUG Review Crew: Elite
TUG Member
Reaction score
when I googled it, I got an awful lot of singles groups ads and ads that had nothing to do with Diamond Bell Ranch. I did see an ad for two lots for $15,000 each. However, I think there is an area that is developed and the rest has no utilitites and no roads and isn't worth much. Of course, when I went there it was close to ten years ago.
My step brother in law lives in Sierra Vista, in the summer!

mtngal

TUG Member
Reaction score
Try googling it with the following punctuation: +"diamond bell ranch" +arizona and you will get the water reports (I noticed a second one that said they added a second well in 2003 as a back-up well). Thought that was interesting I'd definitely have your aunt talk to a realtor. Sounds like there may be things moving in the area.