• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Destination Xchange, Interval International and Florida Club Connection (ex Island One)

baileyab

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Isle of Bali II
Hi all, I've only just come across this forum after reading the older thread about Diamond dropping II; Ive spent some time emailing back and forth with Diamond and am not happy with the responses I'm getting and am wondering if anybody else has the same issue.

I came to Diamond as an Island One owner (Isle of Bali II in Florida). High maintenance fees and other events have made it difficult for me to travel to my home resort in recent years (I'm in the UK) and have had very poor treatment from Diamond sales folk when I've refused upgrades due to this and other financial issues. However I've made a lot of use of Interval International as it's given me access to more local resorts. So imagine my surprise when I look at the location availability with Destination Xchange to discover that I have access only to a small portion of what it has to offer.

I'm told that this is because I'm only getting benefits due from Florida Club Connection. However I was never restricted with Interval International and had access to the whole catalog.

Has anybody else had this issue or have any idea how to rectify it? I'm really getting frustrated at Diamond Customer Services at the moment!

nuwermj

TUG Member
Reaction score
You can still uses Interval. In the past your membership in Florida Club Connection included the Interval membership and making reservations was relatively seamless. Now you will need to open your own individual II account and pay the annual fee. Then you will be able to deposit your Diamond timeshare into Interval and use it to make exchanges.

If you own a deeded timeshare at your home resort this should not be too difficult. In fact you may want to consider dropping the Club Connection membership altogether. But be sure about the decision to do so, because once you drop it, Diamond will not let you back in.

On the other hand, if you own points instead of a deed, you will need to use them to make a reservation, and then deposit that reservation into your individual Interval account. The reservation must be for seven days, and it must begin on a standard check-in day for the resort at which the reservation is made. Interval will assign the trading power of the week based the reservation. In other words, if you reserve a "mud-week" you will have less trading power; if you reserve a "peak-week" you will have better trading power. And peak-weeks cost more points than mud-weeks. It may take some time to find the best balance. Interval's Travel Demand Index should help with this.

Good luck, and welcome to TUG

pedro47

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
To the OP, baileyab, welcome to the TUG web site. "Where Knowledge is Power". by Bacon

baileyab

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Isle of Bali II
You can still uses Interval. In the past your membership in Florida Club Connection included the Interval membership and making reservations was relatively seamless. Now you will need to open your own individual II account and pay the annual fee. Then you will be able to deposit your Diamond timeshare into Interval and use it to make exchanges.

Thanks! I've been an owner since the late 1990s and am points based. As it stands II have sent me an offer of 3 years membership for the price of one which I will probably take anyway at this stage, my real gripe is with Diamond who have stopped paying my II membership but what they've replaced it with is clearly not up to the same standard and they quote 'Florida Club Connection' as the reason why I don't have access to their full catalog.

As an example, I actually live in the UK. The full catalog had 91 resorts in the UK but under my Diamond membership I can only access 9 of them. The numbers are similar across the rest of the world with some areas where I've traveled with Interval having no locations under my limited Destination Xchange membership. Don't get me wrong, I'm not paying anything extra for it so I'm certainly not going to cancel it, I'd just like equal benefit to what I had before with II.