• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

destination club dot net [Getting out of Westgate]

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
westgate
Hey everyone, we're still desperately trying to get out of Westgate Orlando timeshare and if anybody has any recommendations I'd love them.

We were contacted by destination club dot net and I can find 0, and I do mean 0 on them. The only reviews they have are on their website and https://credibilitybureau.org/ doesn't seem to have any credibility themselves. Anybody dealt with them?

They said they sell the time share at convention centers to corporate clients for a 2k charge, and can get us out under 6 months (97%) of people.

Last edited by a moderator:

dioxide45

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grande Vista
Marriott Harbour Lake
Sheraton Vistana Villages
Club Wyndham CWA
If they contacted you, it is a scam. Convention centers don't buy timeshares. They will lie to you and take a big upfront fee, not fulfil their promise and then disappear. End all contact with them.

Edited to add. Their website is less than a year old.
1650501175616.png

geist1223

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Worldmark 97,000 Credits
DRI Cabo Azul 50,500
Royal Solaris San Jose del Cabo
They did not say they sold to Convention Centers but to Corporate Clients at Convention Centers. Be that as it may it is still a scam. Tell them they can keep the first $2k out of the sell price.

TheTimeTraveler

TUG Member
Reaction score
If you have an outstanding mortgage then there is NOTHING that will get you out of your timeshare (short of bankruptcy or just walking away and taking your chances of a credit hit).

You can give it away to get rid of it, but no one will want it if there is an outstanding loan on it.

I guess you purchased this back in August of 2021 and are likely still getting the same answers this year as you did last year.

Most Timeshares are worth little or nothing, and Wastegate Weeks fall into the worthless category.

DON'T spend any upfront money to anyone who promises you to get rid of your timeshare. They do nothing except take your money and run off forever. Protect your assets and keep your hands in your pocket. They will NEVER get rid of your worthless timeshare and your out another $2,000.

Go on eBay and you can see anyone can buy Wastegate weeks for $1.

dioxide45

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grande Vista
Marriott Harbour Lake
Sheraton Vistana Villages
Club Wyndham CWA
If you have an outstanding mortgage then there is NOTHING that will get you out of your timeshare (short of bankruptcy or just walking away and taking your chances of a credit hit).
Bankruptcy is unnecessary. Foreclosure would be more likely. Possible credit hit is always there.

Ty1on

TUG Member
Reaction score
You wouldn't even try the lawyers or the advocacy groups for settlements?
That would be throwing good money after bad. These "advocacy groups" are nothing but predators that charge a huge fee to tell you to stop paying and wait to be foreclosed.

Last edited:

RX8

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC and DVC
Hey everyone, we're still desperately trying to get out of Westgate Orlando timeshare and if anybody has any recommendations I'd love them.

We were contacted by www.destinationclub.net and I can find 0, and I do mean 0 on them. The only reviews they have are on their website and https://credibilitybureau.org/ doesn't seem to have any credibility themselves. Anybody dealt with them?

They said they sell the time share at convention centers to corporate clients for a 2k charge, and can get us out under 6 months (97%) of people.

This is just another scam advertising listing company and nothing more. They want you to pay a huge upfront fee to “advertise” your timeshare. They cold call and tell lies on the phone to convince you they are legit. Their first lie - corporations do not rent timeshares. They may place a cheap ad at some convention but those corporate clients are not knocking down doors to rent timeshares, ain’t gonna happen. Here is what you are going to get if you pay them the huge upfront fee.

Silence - no one is going to contact you to rent your timeshare.

Once they have your money they have zero incentive to do anything for you. In fact, you and your timeshare, and any inquiries from you or potential renters just get in the way of their cold calling for more dollars.

Their website is a joke. For all the people paying thousands of dollars there is no personal ad for their money Just a generic description of a resort and a “contact us for details”.

I doubt each and every five star “review”. I suspect they are all fake. Case in point with this review - “My family and I are able to rent a beautiful cabin every year in the Smoky Mountains through this service!” Seeing that this company is less than one year old how could someone have rented a cabin “every year”???

Save your money and if you have a week to advertise do it on TUG, Redweek or Facebook.

Last edited:

Passepartout

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
You wouldn't even try the lawyers or the advocacy groups for settlements?
You might even be able to soften the blow a bit by renting the week(s) you are paying for. Advertise them on the TUG Marketplace (you'd have to spend $15 to actually join TUG). You'd get a large chunk of your obligation paid, and the renters would get a better deal than buying a worthless resale at Wastegate- they strip benefits like exchanging within the system and reserving further in advance than like 45 days from resale purchasers. Then when you've paid it off, you have saved your credit and can unload it back to Wastegate.

Jim