• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

destin fl

jn26845

Reaction score
We are looking to go to Destin Fl we will be traveling with a 13 year old and 10 year old which resort would you suggest.

SusanU

TUG Member
Reaction score
Destin

We love Destin and have been the past 4 yrs for spring break w/3 granddaughters ages 11,8, & 3 this yr. It is crowded in town but we love the Beach Street Cottages. Its like renting a house and walking across the road to the beach. It's laid back with grills and pool in the yard and the other renters are like neighbors. There are only about 18-20 up/down units and they are only one bedrooms w/bunk beds in the hallway. Very cozy atmosphere! We like Kenny's in the parking lot, Dave's across the street, The Crab Trap down the road, and The Back Porch to eat. There is plenty of shopping and go-kart/mini-golf a few minutes away. You do need a car. Majestic is also very nice to the east, but the more crowded high rise style and the new Emerald Grande is beautiful but extremely busy.

chapjim

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham VIPF & PresRes, HVC/DRI (Gold), Quarter House (4), Resort on Cocoa Beach (2), HGVC Tuscany Village, HGVC South Beach-McAlpin, HGVC Parc Soleil
. . . and the new Emerald Grande is beautiful but extremely busy.

And quite expemsive points-wise. I was just checking availability in April for a customer. The only units available for the week starting April 7th are 3BR Presidentials for 550,000 and 575,000 points.

We drove past in early January and it looks spectacular from the highway.

Rascalsmom

TUG Member
Reaction score
What system does the Emerald Grande exchange through?

Sandi Bo

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham
We were in Destin earlier this month and stopped by the Emerald Grande. We did not stay there. It is spectacular. But not easy access to the beach, you take a shuttle (ferry) over to what looks like a sandbar-ish like beach.

The lower level of the hotel is stores and a village-like atmosphere. Then a marina on the water (thus the shuttle to the beach). The pool area is on the 6th floor, I think. Very nice (but all concrete). Can you tell I love the beach and not having easy access to it would be my only negative to this place.

Embarrassed to say, we couldn't find the Beach Street Cottages, but found the area. I always thought they looked like a nice place to stay, more our style.

Was it me, seemed like the Wyndhams in Destin were poorly marked and hard to find. I don't think there was any Wyndham signage on the Emerald Grande.

New2time

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham Smoky Mountains
We have stayed at the Emerald Grande and the beach access is not good. The ferry ride over to the "sandbar beach" was fun tough. Got to see some dolphins. They evey detoured so that we could watch the dolphins. My daughter got stung by a jellyfish at the sandbar beach so she didn't want to go back. Stayed at the pool, which is very nice but not very deep at all. Loved the "Lito Deck" feel of the pool area and watching the boats come in and out of the harbor was amazing. The rooms were extremely nice. Overall good place to stay IF the beach access is not of utmost importance to you. Very beautiful place.

Does anyone know how the beach access is for the beach street cottages?