• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Despite my most careful planning, seems my Road of Life has other plans

Panina

TUG Review Crew: Elite
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Hgvc Anderson, Blue Ride Village Resort
Today I went for my one month followup for my eye.

I was at another doctor Friday and was not stressed out at all. Today was different.

The good: taking temperature before entering the building. Masks are now required and no coffee machine available.

The bad: very crowded. Last time there were 6 of us. Today 32 people, hard to keep the distance recommended. I kept moving to have the distance.

Now add to this two policemen with guns with an orange suited prisoner enters. Freaked me out. So I went to another area and a worker tells me I cannot wait there. Told her I will not sit where there are guns. They moved them and back to the waiting room I went.

Called relatively quickly and waited in the exam room over 45 minutes. Very hard at this point with a 95 mask on. Figured particles dropped to floor already if in room and changed for a few minutes to cloth mask. Good thing I had my purell with me.

Great news, eye stable.

Bad news, even a tiny bleeder and I have to go back.

Glynda

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Bluegreen Points Lodge Alley Inn.
Brewster Green (two weeks).
I saw a 'Like' from a TUGger, so I'll update. Been home 3 weeks. The big hole where the old pacemakers were got infected (is this my future?) so I went to the local hospital- not the place 250 miles away where the surgery was done. Not specifically for the drainage, but I was scheduled for an echocardiogram. I wanted to see if my heart was functioning better after the pacer was installed. Turned out my 'ejection fraction'- the measurement of how much blood the heart pumps with each contraction.- It turns out it's improved 50-60%. Still not great, but better anyway.

So after the echo, I asked for a nurse to look at the drainage issue. She took pictures, and disappeared for a few minutes. She returned with my regular cardiologist- dressed in full SCRUBS! He pushed and prodded my wound and it erupted a fair amount of blood. He marched me right through the main hospital entrance- (no public there, it is closed to the public) and straight into the cardiac catheterization lab. They built a dam in the crook of my arm to keep me from bleeding all over the place. They drained the blood and put a bunch of disinfectant in the wound, called in a serious antibiotic (4 pills a day) and stitched and bandaged it up.

All the above was 2+ weeks ago. I'm happy to report that the drainage had almost stopped. There is no pain and all indications are that the big pool of blood is resolving and the old wound- though is not pretty, will finally close up. The new pacemaker seems to be performing well, I have energy, am able to walk comfortably as long as the dog wants to go. There is still that 3rd lead to my heart that is not connected. I will see the cardiologist in July. He wants to make a stab (unfortunate choice of words) at connecting it. The Doc who installed the pacer in Utah a month ago worked for 3 hours to connect it. To say I'm not enthusiastic about trying again is an understatement., We'll revisit this in about 6 weeks.

Meanwhile, back at the ranch. We're home. I can finally lift weight and my arms above my shoulders, so I guess 'light duty' is done and DW will have me back gardening. No more limiting my weightlifting to a pint at a time.

Jim
You've been through a lot, Jim. I hope the infection has completely cleared and all goes well when they try to reattach the 3rd lead! Take care of yourself!

Glynda

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Bluegreen Points Lodge Alley Inn.
Brewster Green (two weeks).
Today I went for my one month followup for my eye.

I was at another doctor Friday and was not stressed out at all. Today was different.

The good: taking temperature before entering the building. Masks are now required and no coffee machine available.

The bad: very crowded. Last time there were 6 of us. Today 32 people, hard to keep the distance recommended. I kept moving to have the distance.

Now add to this two policemen with guns with an orange suited prisoner enters. Freaked me out. So I went to another area and a worker tells me I cannot wait there. Told her I will not sit where there are guns. They moved them and back to the waiting room I went.

Called relatively quickly and waited in the exam room over 45 minutes. Very hard at this point with a 95 mask on. Figured particles dropped to floor already if in room and changed for a few minutes to cloth mask. Good thing I had my purell with me.

Great news, eye stable.

Bad news, even a tiny bleeder and I have to go back.

YIKES! 32 people in a waiting room trying to distance!!! And a prisoner as well. Glad you got great news!