• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Desert Springs Villas I- Best building/unit to stay at

lorilulu

TUG Member
Reaction score
Finally closed on my timeshare at the Villas I !!, and am scheduled to stay November 16 in a studio.
What is the best building/ units to ask for that have the best view?
Is it better to ask for an upper unit and are any of the studio units end units?
Any other suggestions would be appreciated !
(I have so far requested building N or M, or would R or S be better?)

Thanks!

applegirl

Tug Review Crew: Rookie
TUG Member
Reaction score
I guess it just depends on what you want to look at and how important it is to be close to the clubhouse pool or tennis courts. There is of course a shuttle stop very convenient to the R and S buildings and the M and N buildings would catch the shuttle stop by the clubhouse.

A big part of my consideration for building request is that I want my patio to have afternoon shade so we can sit outside for dinner. If you don't mind the sun on your patio and by November that would probably be nice, I'd go for the R and S buildings. They might be quiter too.

Give Donna Terrazas a phone call ASAP and ask her to help you with room assignments. She's very nice.

Enjoy this great property and I sure hope you are planning on using your spa privilege!

Janna

Malibu Sky

Reaction score
We just stayed in II, and I am not sure where you really want to be...but our friend was staying in a studio at the same time as us in I as a rental, and she said it was "not very nice" and checked out after the 1st night. I tell you this because we stayed in a studio last year that was just OK, it was in the building across from the check-in area, all you could see was the cement wall of the patio and over that, the parking lot and street...it was kind of dark and dingy. I was also renting for a few nights so I opted not to complain. I am not sure if as an owner if the units are better than they are for renters but I would make sure that if you are not happy with the unit assigned...do ask to be moved.

#1 Cowboys Fan

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
I
Give Donna Terrazas a phone call ASAP and ask her to help you with room assignments. She's very nice.

Janna

Who is she---and how can she be reached.
(We go to DSV in December.)

Thanks,
Pat

ACE1

TUG Member
Reaction score
We have stayed in DSVI several times and I am not sure that any of the Studio units have a view. I think they all over look the parking lot and have a high wall.

cp73

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
DSV 1

Thanks!

Congratulations on your purchase. It is a great resort. You must ask for an end studio unit. The end units are the only ones with views out the back. The inside units all face the parking lot and walls. Also avoid the units that face out to Cook Street. You can hear the cars going by if you face that way. Look at my link for the map...

I would recommend I-W, with building O being my favorite...Most important is get an end unit, either upstairs or downstairs.

http://www.pbase.com/cp73/image/55104459

taffy19

Reaction score
Finally closed on my timeshare at the Villas I !!, and am scheduled to stay November 16 in a studio.
Is it better to ask for an upper unit and are any of the studio units end units?
Any other suggestions would be appreciated !

Thanks!
I believe that some of the corner units may have a view for the lock-off unit too, at least from the balcony. I don't remember the numbers now but you could always call the front desk of your resort to find out.

Judging from this picture, I wonder if it was building R? We stayed in building Q and R several times because of the nice far away vistas but it's further away from the club house and the pools and also from the big hotel. There is a shuttle bus that will drive you around the resort and to the hotel so you don't need to take your car or even walk.

Yes, it is a great resort so congratulations to you, lorilulu. :)

PS. Chris, I just noticed now that you have posted the same comment too so now this confirms it for sure.

Last edited:

applegirl

TUG Member
Reaction score
I'm glad Chris chimed in on the end units being the only lockouts that have views. That's kinda important!

As far as the lockouts being dark and dingy, I don't think you will find that. All the DSV I units just finished a nice renovation so you've got all new soft surfaces. Hard surfaces will be done I think starting next year.

Donna can be reached by just calling the resort at 760-779-1200 and asking for her. She's so nice and she will do what she can but you need to call as soon as possible.

Janna

Cathyb

TUG Member
Reaction score
SECRET! The middle studios look at parking lot but the ends do not. Request end units over the building location in pecking order.

pwrshift

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Manor Club - 3 weeks platinum, 2 weeks at Marriott Beachplace Towers, and 1 week at Marriott Canyon Villas
My fav location is the south end of Building G. The pool is just across the street as is the shuttle, and the patios are spacious facing the golf. I prefer ground floor - no stairs to climb and feels more like home.

Brian