• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Desert Springs II room request

JT

TUG Member
Reaction score
Looking for a unit that is near green of a par 3 upstairs and a view of mountains. Info would be greatly appreciated!
JT

GetawaysRus

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Desert Springs Villas 2
Marriott Grand Chateau
That's an interesting request. I'm curious why you specifically want to be near a par 3 green.

I'll attach a pdf map of DSV - this has the building numbers. I'd suggest you open Google maps, search for Desert Springs Villas 2, and then switch to Satellite view. That will allow you to look at the golf course and see which buildings would put you near one of the golf course greens.

In general, to have a view of the mountains, I think you'd want a west facing living room (and balcony). So when you look at Google maps, the buildings that have their parking areas on the east side of the building will usually have rooms with west facing living rooms (but be aware that some buildings are L-shaped). Once again, comparing the pdf map to the Google maps image should show you which buildings might get you a west facing living room. Until the weather cools, a west facing room will get quite a bit warmer in the afternoon.

I think you will find that the pre-arrivals department will try to help you out if you call in advance of your stay and explain your preferences, especially if you are a Marriott timeshare owner.

Attachments

• Marriott Desert Springs Villas MAP.pdf
    359.2 KB · Views: 73

sandcfort

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
MVCI Points
How about a general overview of buildings to request for each Palm Desert location? Planning on going in Feb/March for the first time. Just 2 of us, no kids. Thanks

Quiet Pine

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Sheraton Desert Oasis
I think you will find that the pre-arrivals department...

I'll be there in December and want the room cleaned/sheets changed mid-week (one guest replacing another). Is this the dept. to contact in advance? How do I find the correct phone#? Thanks!

GetawaysRus

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grand Chateau
To speak with pre-arrivals, call the general phone number for the resort and ask to place a room request.

JT

TUG Member
Reaction score
That's an interesting request. I'm curious why you specifically want to be near a par 3 green.

I'll attach a pdf map of DSV - this has the building numbers. I'd suggest you open Google maps, search for Desert Springs Villas 2, and then switch to Satellite view. That will allow you to look at the golf course and see which buildings would put you near one of the golf course greens.

In general, to have a view of the mountains, I think you'd want a west facing living room (and balcony). So when you look at Google maps, the buildings that have their parking areas on the east side of the building will usually have rooms with west facing living rooms (but be aware that some buildings are L-shaped). Once again, comparing the pdf map to the Google maps image should show you which buildings might get you a west facing living room. Until the weather cools, a west facing room will get quite a bit warmer in the afternoon.

I think you will find that the pre-arrivals department will try to help you out if you call in advance of your stay and explain your preferences, especially if you are a Marriott timeshare owner.
I like to watch the players hit to a par 3 from balcony. I am also a huge hiker(hiking to tram saturday). West facing is a good start. Thank you.
JT

JT

TUG Member
Reaction score

If you click link below..next the the B can you tell me what unit (building) this is by the green?

JT

Attachments

• hole 12 unit.PNG
    hole 12 unit.PNG
    419.7 KB · Views: 44

GetawaysRus

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grand Chateau
I think you're looking at Bldg 619.

If you open the pdf map of DSV, you'll see that there are 2 buildings at the western end of Via Lantana. Bldg 628 is on the north side of the road, and 619 is on the south side.

I own at DSV2. We've been placed in Bldg 628 on 2 different occasions (the west facing rooms, before the building takes a 90 degree turn), both on the second floor (my wife is a very light sleeper, so I always request upstairs). Those rooms had a nice view toward the mountains, but I don't recall seeing the golf green. There are some tall trees on the golf course, so these can partially obstruct the mountain view. And because we were placed there as owners, I've always suspected that these may be considered plum room assignments.

We've never stayed in Bldg 619, however.

We love Palm Desert, and over the years I've accumulated a bunch of "to do" information. So I'll attach some hiking stuff for you. The hiking guide from the DSV concierge is a poor-quality Xerox that I scanned. The Joshua Tree National Park files are scanned from the visitor's info pamphlet we were given upon arrival at the park. (And I may not have scanned the full list of challenging hikes.)

TUG only allows me to attach pdf files. I have more hiking information in Microsoft Word files. If you'd like those as well, you can click my screen name on the left, click "Start Conversation," and give me your email address. You're probably a more serious hiker than we are. My wife's limit is about 3 miles, and she doesn't like a lot of elevation gain, so I'm usually looking for easy to moderate hikes.

Attachments

• Joshua Tree National Park - easy and moderate hikes.pdf
    1.7 MB · Views: 17
  • Palm Desert Hiking Trail Guide from the Marriott DSV Concierge.pdf
    10.6 MB · Views: 24
  • Joshua Tree National Park map.pdf
    636.4 KB · Views: 13

JT

TUG Member
Reaction score
thank you!

davidvel

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Shadow Ridge (Villages)
Carlsbad Inn
I'll be there in December and want the room cleaned/sheets changed mid-week (one guest replacing another). Is this the dept. to contact in advance? How do I find the correct phone#? Thanks!
You may need to do this yourself. I don't think they are coming in due to COVID.

Quiet Pine

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Sheraton Desert Oasis
... both on the second floor...
DSV II -- Is there an elevator or only stairs? DH has mobility issues and I was going to request ground floor so he doesn't have to climb. An elevator would be a plus. We've stayed at DSV II 2 or 3 times before and I cannot remember. Thank you.

BJRSanDiego

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Sands of Kahana, Desert Springs I, DSV2, Shadow Ridge Enclaves Dlx
DSV II -- Is there an elevator or only stairs? DH has mobility issues and I was going to request ground floor so he doesn't have to climb. An elevator would be a plus. We've stayed at DSV II 2 or 3 times before and I cannot remember. Thank you.
No elevator. Make sure to request a lower unit.

GetawaysRus

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grand Chateau
No elevator at DSV 1 or 2. Shadow Ridge Villages has elevators, and probably also Enclaves (but haven't stayed at Enclaves in quite some time).