• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Desaturated

Rose Pink

TUG Member
Reaction score
Doctor called this morning with the results of my pulse oximetry test. I had 485 desaturation events in an 8-hour period. That's one a minute on average. That could explain alot. Or maybe the machine isn't working properly.

Now I lay me down to sleep.
I pray the Lord my soul to keep.
If I should die before I wake . . . .
DH gets 100K.

Beaglemom3

TUG Member
Reaction score
RosieP,
How low did you desaturate to ? Did he give you a number percentage ?
B.

Rose Pink

TUG Member
Reaction score
RosieP,
How low did you desaturate to ? Did he give you a number percentage ?
B.

No, and I did not think to ask. I got mesmerized by the 485 number. I'd glance at the thing when I woke up throughout the night and I seem to remember the 70's at one point. I hope that was just a figment of my sleepy imagination. I remember trying to take some deep breaths but after awhile just didn't care anymore. Too tired.

I'll get better results when I go in for the overnight sleep study.

wackymother

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
What does it mean? What's saturated or unsaturated with what?

Tia

TUG Member
Reaction score
Oxygen desaturation while you sleep, periods where you're not breathing, called sleep apnea.

Rose Pink

TUG Member
Reaction score
What does it mean? What's saturated or unsaturated with what?

Oxygen levels fall to less than 90% in the blood. I think anything above 90% is okay. It can happen with sleep apnea as well as other conditions. My mom is on oxygen because she has congestive heart failure.

wackymother

TUG Member
Reaction score
Oh, ah. DH has sleep apnea and a CPAP. But I don't remember him ever talking about desaturation or saturation. Is that number bad, Rose?

Rose Pink

TUG Member
Reaction score
Oh, ah. DH has sleep apnea and a CPAP. But I don't remember him ever talking about desaturation or saturation. Is that number bad, Rose?

Do you mean the % saturation or the number of times it dropped (the 485). 485 is bad. From Swift's thread she mentioned being put on a CPAP because she dropped about 14 times an hour (if I remember correctly). I am supposedly desaturating 60 times an hour on average. My doctor seemed concerned. He said he usually only sees this in men with 20 inch necks. I am overweight but my neck is nowhere close to 20 inches. :rolleyes:

I am not overly worried about it. I still wake up each morning. :hysterical:

I will get a more accurate picture after I take the sleep study at the hospital--who have not called me yet to make an appointment. I've done this one other time in the past and it is difficult to sleep in a hospital bed (I'm used to my temperpedic) with wires stuck all over your head and body. However, you get a more accurate picture of what is going on. I still think there is a possibility that the pulse oximeter was not working accurately so no use fretting until we can see the bigger picture. If it turns out I need help, I'll get a CPAP. Fly me to the moon . . . .:hysterical:

wackymother

TUG Member
Reaction score
I've posted this a bunch of times, but DH's CPAP has made a huge difference for him. He's just so much more focused, more able to concentrate and get things done, and he feels better, too. He hates the sleep studies, though--he just went for a three-year follow-up. They do sound awful. But it was worth it to get to the CPAP and better sleep, even he admits.

Hope it all goes well for you!

Rose Pink

TUG Member
Reaction score

jlr10

TUG Member
Reaction score
I've done this one other time in the past and it is difficult to sleep in a hospital bed (I'm used to my temperpedic) with wires stuck all over your head and body.

They talked about the test on the local radio station. To help them sleep they took a benadryl before the test.

I got a CPAP last year. I am not as good about using every night as I should be, as I sometimes fall asleep on the couch. It is not so much that I notice a difference when I don't use it, but I do notice a difference when I do. I don't wake up tired and quit getting drowsy while driving. It has also greatly helped my temperment (well at least I think so!)