• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Deposits Lose Trade Power in II

dioxide45

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grande Vista
Marriott Harbour Lake
Sheraton Vistana Villages
Club Wyndham CWA
I suspect an II rep didn't know what she was talking about. The other day on the phone with the outbound alternate match rep that I spoke with (referred to in post #16 in this thread) indicated that I really should think about using my deposit that expires in 2018! She mentioned that weeks continue to lose their effectiveness the longer they linger. I questioned her on this and indicated that I was aware that this would happen with weeks not deposited but thought that once a week was deposited that the trade power was fixed. She indicated that was not the case.

I suspect the rep just wasn't sure what she was talking about and wanting me to confirm another exchange to help her numbers?

taterhed

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Westin WKORV OFD
Marriott's Grande Vista
Worldmark x2
SVV Bella 81k
smells like a fish to me. I'm thinking she was 'fishin to get you to exchange!

dioxide45

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grande Vista
Marriott Harbour Lake
Club Wyndham CWA
smells like a fish to me. I'm thinking she was 'fishin to get you to exchange!

That is what I think. Though I am still very grateful, she was able to get me a 3BR unit for a studio that I couldn't exchange in to online unless I offered up my 1BR.

taterhed

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Westin WKORV OFD
Marriott's Grande Vista
Worldmark x2
SVV Bella 81k
Nice. I should call and start begging for Lagoons.

dioxide45

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grande Vista
Marriott Harbour Lake
Club Wyndham CWA
Nice. I should call and start begging for Lagoons.

Well, when I called I wasn't given anything. When they called me to offer up an "alternate match", they came through even though their alternate match wasn't what they gave me.

melissy123

TUG Member
Reaction score
I've been told this also. Especially when it's past the time period of the actual week that has been deposited. The longer your week ages, the less trading power it has. I have two ongoing searches from October 2015 deposits. Nothing is matching up. And I'm not that picky.

gmarine

Tug Review Crew: Rookie
TUG Member
Reaction score
I wish I had a dime for every time I got wrong info from an II rep. And RCI reps for that matter. This was talked about at length several years back when there was an II supervisor who participated here on TUG. Trading power is fixed at the time of deposit.

GrayFal

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Bluegreen SVV Morritt's Seaside Former WSJx5
I wish I had a dime for every time I got wrong info from an II rep. And RCI reps for that matter. This was talked about at length several years back when there was an II supervisor who participated here on TUG. Trading power is fixed at the time of deposit.

Yup. B*****it :eek::hi:

NJDave

TUG Member
Reaction score

gmarine

Tug Review Crew: Rookie
TUG Member
Reaction score
Wow, I didnt realize it was all the way back in 2002. Great job finding those threads !

NJDave

TUG Member
Reaction score
Wow, I didnt realize it was all the way back in 2002. Great job finding those threads !

I recall those threads since I learned alot from them back then. I was fairly new to timesharing at the time. I bought my first timeshare and joined TUG in 2001. Craig provided great insight. You may also recall that Craig got us the 24 period cancelation policy after we kept asking for it.

The 13 years ago since we had Craig onboard has gone fast.

dioxide45

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grande Vista
Marriott Harbour Lake
Club Wyndham CWA
Here's a link to the discussion with Craig back then. I don't know if it is in this thread since there were two threads.

http://www.tug1.net/tugbbs1/Archives/Archive-000002/HTML/20020802-2-003628.html

I found more threads if anyone is interested in some reading.

http://www.tug1.net/cgi-bin/forumdisplay.cgi?action=topics&number=A:000002

Reading through some of those posts, I can understand why the exchange companies really don't like having official representatives responding to forum posts. While many were considerate, some people were not nearly as respectful of the time Craig was spending in the forum.