• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Depositing VRI into Interval International

anthonycasta

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
VRI
Hello All:

Please bare with me as I am very new to timesharing and exchanging. Some slight history, my buddy didn't want his VRI timeshare (San Clemente Inn) and gave it to me and paid one year of maintence fees for me. Once in my name, I requested a week (25) June 20-27 2021 and deposited it into II. I am still searching for an exchange, and was pretty supprised by some of my options, especially after hearing that San Clemente Inn has some crappy exchange value.

I was planning to request week 30 for 2022 (July 24-July30) but found some information on the VRI website that says owners can reserve during the summer (June - Sept) or holidays. Was I able to deposit my week in June because of Covid? Has anyone had experience with VRI rejecting their summer week deposit into II? If I request a week in May or Oct will that extreemely diminish my trading power?

So far I'm enjoying the search process and getting excited to take some vacations!

Thanks in advance,

buzglyd

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGV Lagoon Tower
HGV Carlsbad Seapointe
Gaslamp Plaza Suites
SVV Bella
All resorts have different reservation windows. I own at Gaslamp which is VRI and we can reserve our week at 2 years and 2 days prior to what we want. Contact the resort and find out what the owner reservation window is and what you can reserve. If you’re going to exchange it, reserve the highest demand weeks possible. At San Clemente, that is likely summer.

anthonycasta

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
VRI
That is exactly what I did for the 2021 year ...

It was under the service directory tab. is where it said you can't reserve June - Sept .. I suppose my question is, what happens if I reserve a summer week and decide later to exchange it, will they move my week or deny the exchange?

buzglyd

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGV Lagoon Tower
HGV Carlsbad Seapointe
Gaslamp Plaza Suites
SVV Bella
That is exactly what I did for the 2021 year ...

It was under the service directory tab. is where it said you can't reserve June - Sept .. I suppose my question is, what happens if I reserve a summer week and decide later to exchange it, will they move my week or deny the exchange?

Some resorts have a lottery for summer weeks. It might be request your top 3 weeks kind of thing. You really need to contact the resort directly and get your reservation information.

JeffC

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham Mauna Loa Village, Sweetwater at Kauai, Club La Costa
Once you have the confirmation from VRI the week is yours. You can deposit it at that point. Call VRI to find out when you can request your 2022 week. You will have to pay your 2022 MF's before they will confirm the week. Usually you pay the prior years MF at that time if they haven't calculated the 2022 MF's at that time.

tschwa2

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
A few in S and VA, a single resort in NC, MD, PA, and UT, plus Jamaica and the Bahamas
I don't own with VRI but I did own with another group that had the same kind of restriction. With the company I owned with you could reserve any week in your season but if you tried to deposit a week during the exchange restriction period, the resort would not verify the deposit for II. In fact trying to deposit later in the year was worse because ideally you would want a late May week to deposit but if you waited until late April to deposit your late June week the only weeks left that could be deposited were late November or December.

I am not saying that this is how it works with VRI but you may want to call them up to verify if they actually enforce the June-Sept restriction or not.