• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Depositing MVC Points into II [MERGED]

dioxide45

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grande Vista
Marriott Harbour Lake
Sheraton Vistana Villages
Club Wyndham CWA
Marriott points, I can book Vistana/Sheraton for $164 but cannot pull up anything at Marriott. The weeks were deposited into my Pre MVCI Club Destination account.
Sadly, had they been deposited into your MVC DC Corp Account, those Sheraton/Vistana exchanges would be $0.

SueDonJ

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Barony Beach and SurfWatch
Completely off-topic, what do these kinds of posts mean? I see them fairly often, just a period and nothing else. What is it?

SueDonJ

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
It just your screen. :LOL: (just kidding)
HAHA!! Every time I see one in my head I'm asking WTF?! but hesitated to ask because I just knew somebody would chime in like you did! :LOL:

dioxide45

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grande Vista
Marriott Harbour Lake
Club Wyndham CWA
Completely off-topic, what do these kinds of posts mean? I see them fairly often, just a period and nothing else. What is it?
I've often wondered too. I think people may post that in a method to follow/watch a thread. Though there is the Watch button available too. Another thought is that they posted something and deleted their post?:shrug:

kyaustin

TUG Member
Reaction score
I've often wondered too. I think people may post that in a method to follow/watch a thread. Though there is the Watch button available too. Another thought is that they posted something and deleted their post?:shrug:

It may be a lack of knowledge by the user, me, but I couldn't figure out how to delete my previous post b/c the question was already answered, so I just changed it to a .

SueDonJ

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
It may be a lack of knowledge by the user, me, but I couldn't figure out how to delete my previous post b/c the question was already answered, so I just changed it to a .
In the lower left corner of your post do you see the Report button? I think within the first 48 hours of a post you can also see at least an Edit button? As a mod I see other options one of which is Delete, but I don't know if that's also available to users during the first 48 hours? If not, you can click Report on your own posts and ask for them to be deleted (although mods generally won't delete something if the thread's continuity is affected by it.)

dioxide45

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grande Vista
Marriott Harbour Lake
Club Wyndham CWA
I usually edit my post to something like "--Deleted--" then use the report post link to ask a mod to then delete the whole post.

Pamplemousse

TUG Member
Reaction score
In the lower left corner of your post do you see the Report button? I think within the first 48 hours of a post you can also see at least an Edit button? As a mod I see other options one of which is Delete, but I don't know if that's also available to users during the first 48 hours? If not, you can click Report on your own posts and ask for them to be deleted (although mods generally won't delete something if the thread's continuity is affected by it.)
I’ll confess I have added a . when I wish I had a delete button.
We don’t, just report or edit.
I thought report was for when someone was violating the rules.
So I edit down as blank as I can with is .
I’ll write deleted in the future.
I wonder why we can’t delete on these boards- we can on II community.
And the quote feature lets responders save the post in case some one edits or could delete.

dioxide45

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grande Vista
Marriott Harbour Lake
Club Wyndham CWA
And the quote feature lets responders save the post in case some one edits or could delete.
The ability to delete existed early on when the boards were migrated to Xenforo. I use the "Report" function to request my posts to be deleted when I post in error. These just go into a queue for the moderators to review.

SueDonJ

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
If I'm remembering correctly on the old boards there were a few people who enjoyed getting into spirited discussions but if they were proven incorrect later, they'd go back and edit/delete all of their posts, making themselves look good but in the process destroying any continuity in the threads. That's why the Edit button is only workable during the first 48 hours after a post, and I think why deleting can now only be done by moderators.

The Report button is for what you say it is - to report violations or objectionable comments. But it also serves to call immediate attention by any mods/Admin to any post for any reason, so if ever you want to edit/delete something you've posted, please feel free to use it. When you click it you're given a field to note exactly why you're sending in the report, and if your request is denied you'll get an explanation. As far as I know, there's no risk of being somehow flagged for requesting too many edits/deletes of your own posts. :)

dioxide45

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grande Vista
Marriott Harbour Lake
Club Wyndham CWA
making themselves look good but in the process destroying any continuity in the threads.
I can assure you, it didn't usually make them look good....