• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Depositing a phase 1 Sheraton Broadway Plantation week into II

nra4usa

TUG Member
Reaction score
Greetings,

I have a question regarding depoiting my week with II.

I am the original owner of a 1 week timeshare at the Sheraton Broadway Plantation in Myrtle Beach. I purchased it a long time ago when it was owned & operated by Embassy. It is now owned by Starwood. My deed states I own a specific week - week 29. However I was told that all the weeks float and my week is among the platinum floating weeks 9 through 33. I do NOT belong to the Starwood Vacation Network & therefore have no Star options or "included" membership in II.

I have just paid for a 2-year membership with II for the purposes of exchanging my SBP timeshare.

Here is my question.
When I call Starwood to have them deposit my week with II, is Starwood going to deposit into II the lowest-valued week within the platinum season - like week 9? My concern is that Starwood is going to do exactly this and therefore my trading power within II will be reduced. We all know the demand for Myrtle beach during week 9 (march) is low. When I call Starwood to have them deposit my week with II can I force them to deposit a high demand week - like the prime summer week I actually own?

Thanks in advance,

nra4usa

SDKath

TUG Member
Reaction score
There are a large number of discussions about this on the Starwood board. This is a complex issue and I would recommend searching the forums first because people report mixed results with regard to this issue.

In any case, your RIGHT as an owner NOT in SVN is to have the week that you own deposited into II. You may need to kick and scream and talk to several managers to get your way but I would hang tough and tell them just what you told us -- "not in SVN, not bought from Starwood, not under your control!" If you say it enough times, you will get what you want. Otherwise without a doubt your deposit will be a BAD week that will not trade into anything. Stick to July or August only...

Katherine

DeniseM

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WKORV, WKV, 2-SDO, 4-Kauai Beach Villas, Island Park Village (Yellowstone), Hyatt High Sierra, Dolphin's Cove (Anaheim)
I would not ask Starwood to deposit it at all - that just opens a can of worms.

First try depositing it yourself.

1. Reserve a popular week - do not tell Starwood you are going to deposit it.
2. Go to your II Acct. and deposit it on the II website.
3. If that doesn't work, then call Starwood and be prepared to argue your case.

Good luck! Let us know what happens! :hi:

Denise L

Tug Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Starwood/Vistana, Disney, Hyatt, HGVC
Here is my experience with my Broadway Plantation week:

When I signed up with II to register it, I was asked for the unit and week number. They verified this with Starwood, and my II account shows that exact week in my account. I haven't tried to deposit it yet, but I think it would be simple to deposit it online. It actually shows the week dates and everything, which is different than other Sheraton weeks I own. Does your II account reflect your exact week and unit information on the "View My Units" page?

I don't think you should have any trouble depositing week 29, if that is what you would like to do.

Let us know what happens. Try it online after making the reservation with Starwood. If it doesn't work, call II and tell them that you own that week and reserved that week and would like to deposit it. II should take care of it and be able to deposit it for you.

nra4usa

TUG Member
Reaction score
SDKath, Denise L, & Denise M, thanks a million for the tips! II is currently verifying the week I own with Starwood. Per Denise L's advice, as soon as they receive verification I will go online in the "View my units" page to see if my week 29 appears as a depositable week in my II account. If it is as not as simple as this I will call Starwood and reserve the week as if I was staying there and THEN go to II to deposit it. And if this does not work I will prepare to fight for my week over the phone.

In any event, I will report right here what happend in a few days.

Thanks again for the help,

nra4usa

amanven

TUG Member
Reaction score
Not to take this thread off topic but I have read in other threads about the fight non SVN owners with floating weeks have to go through to get Starwood to deposit their reserved week in II. What I am wondering is this; Starwood must be aware (either by this board or by other owners making the same request) that non SVN owners are now catching on to the fact they have the right to request their reserved week be deposited in II so why is it still necessary to argue the point with Starwood so much? With all the resale units on the market now there are more owners at Starwood who are not eligible for SVN and who are exchanging through II. I would like to think that Starwood owner services reps should be aware of this rule making it unnecessary to argue the point with owner services in order exercise one of the few rights non SVN members have. Is it really as difficult to get a Starwood reserved week deposited in II as other threads on this board would indicate?

jerseygirl

TUG Member
Reaction score
Slight clarificiation ....

Even the old Embassy deeds require you to reserve a week within your float period (you have the right to reserve your deeded week 29 two years in advance -- but you don't get it automatically if you don't call and ask for it). At this point, week 29 could be fully booked by other platinum season owners and Starwood would be within its rights to refuse to deposit it.

Once you make the reservation, you begin the deposit process of that pariticular week. That's when the fun begins! :) Starwood may surprise you and honor the deposit (my last online deposit was processed right through, but the one before that required phone calls, threats of legal acion, etc.). If they refuse to process the deposit (they will tell you that "all weeks trade the same," thereby proving how little they know about the trading process), you need to get involved and insist you have the right to book any week within 9-43 and 47 ... use it, deposit it, give it to a friend, rent it, or let it sit empty.

Making a reservation is a key part of the process -- don't try to just deposit what II shows.

Hope that helps.

rickandcindy23

TUG Review Crew: Elite
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham Founder; Disney OKW & SSR; Marriott's Willow Ridge,Shadow Ridge,Grand Chateau;Val Chatelle; Hono Koa OF (3); SBR(LOTS), SDO a few; Grand Palms; WKORV-OF (2),Westin Desert Willow.
I just battled with Starwood because they deposited a week 10 into my account after I requested a summer week. :rolleyes: I was able to get them to change it to a week 22 just yesterday. I don't see any difference in trading power.

Politico

TUG Member
Reaction score
I just battled with Starwood because they deposited a week 10 into my account after I requested a summer week. :rolleyes: I was able to get them to change it to a week 22 just yesterday. I don't see any difference in trading power.

Had you deposited online through II?

thinze3

Tug Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score

According to II's travel demand index there is a difference.

SBP week 10 = 80
SBP week 22 = 145
SBP weeks 23-33 = 150

GrayFal

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Bluegreen SVV Morritt's Seaside Former WSJx5
Slight clarificiation ....

Even the old Embassy deeds require you to reserve a week within your float period (you have the right to reserve your deeded week 29 two years in advance -- but you don't get it automatically if you don't call and ask for it). At this point, week 29 could be fully booked by other platinum season owners and Starwood would be within its rights to refuse to deposit it.

Once you make the reservation, you begin the deposit process of that pariticular week. That's when the fun begins! :) Starwood may surprise you and honor the deposit (my last online deposit was processed right through, but the one before that required phone calls, threats of legal acion, etc.). If they refuse to process the deposit (they will tell you that "all weeks trade the same," thereby proving how little they know about the trading process), you need to get involved and insist you have the right to book any week within 9-43 and 47 ... use it, deposit it, give it to a friend, rent it, or let it sit empty.

Making a reservation is a key part of the process -- don't try to just deposit what II shows.

Hope that helps.

I was going to add more to this thread but see jersey got here first.
Week 29 in your unit is guarenteed for 24 to 12 months before check-in. If you don't call to reserve it by the 12 month mark, it will float and be available to other Starwood SBP owners. So make sure to reserve your week at 12 months 1 day to guarentee you will get it.
then do as jersey says.....

chemteach

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
If you phone Starwood to have them deposit your actual reserved week, it may just take an extra 5 or 10 minutes. I have had a few stern conversations with Starwood employees who just send me up the ladder until they finally deposit my reserved week. They have finally fixed my II account to have the week shown correctly, so next year I'll try to do the deposit online with II.