• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Dell Laptop Battery Replacement -- Difference with Non-Dell brand?

Amy

TUG Member
Reaction score
We have a Dell Latitude D620 and our battery is running out of "useful life", according to the message that keeps popping up on my screen. The charge only lasts about 20 to 30 minutes now; and we've owned this for less than two years. I went to the Dell store and the battery costs $189.99 + tax! The reviews are terrible, and apparently appx. 18 months is the useful life to expect for this.

We've never had to buy a replacement battery before; our prior laptop was another Dell model and that battery lasted as long as we owned it (for 3+ years) before we bought this Latitude. So I have a few questions. I searched online and found various non-Dell brand compatible batteries for more than 50% less than the Dell brand's price. Are all compatible lithium-ion batteries fine? Do they have similarly long/short useful life as the Dell brand battery? What is the difference with a "Primary Battery" vs. a "Replacement Battery"? Recommendations for particular stores/brands are welcome!

Wonka

TUG Lifetime Member
Reaction score
I've used non-Dell replacement batteries with no problems whatsoever, and the cost is substantially less.

DebBrown

TUG Lifetime Member
Reaction score
I bought a new Dell brand replacement battery on ebay for $40 just last week. It was probably for a different model but I suggest you give that a try. They have the non-branded ones even cheaper.

Deb

Icarus

TUG Member
Reaction score
Try kahlon.com

Laptop batteries have a limited number of charge/recharge cycles.

-David

Passepartout

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
We've had about the same service (charge/discharge cycles) from Chinese knock-offs as from OEM batteries.

Jim Ricks

Danette

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Dell batteries

We've bought a replacement battery and charger for our Dell laptop from atbatt.com without any problems.

Merry Christmas!

Danette :)

janej

Tug Review Crew: Rookie
TUG Member
Reaction score
Amy,

I have the same laptop for work and my battery started having problems in less than a year. I thought the laptops are covered for three years so I did not do anything right away. I contacted tech support by the time it was dead completely and found out that it just past the 1 year warranty period. My cost center had to pay for a replacement battery. I have a much older Dell laptop as my backup. The battery still works ok ( more than an hour).

M. Henley

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Laptop

Just ordered, from atbatt.com, a replacement for my HP Pavillion 9000 for $89.95, no-cost shipping.
:)

Reaction score
Battery Help.

I also just purchased a battery two days ago for my Dell. I honestly try to stay away from the no-name batteries because I have heard horror stories of fires. There's clips on youtube as well about it. So I ended up getting a Denaq battery off of eBay. Mine is a Latitude D800, but they make them for the others as well. I am very pleased with it so far as it holds a nice long charge. And to agree with the first post, much much more cost effective.