• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Deion Sanders warns Nick Saban about $1M NIL accusation: 'I'm not the one you want to play with'

MULTIZ321

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
BLUEWATER BY SPINNAKER HHI
ROYAL HOLIDAY CLUB RHC (POINTS)

pedro47

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
The power elite football programs will have the money to buy the best players in football & basketball. This is going to be a mess. IMHO

Rolltydr

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
CWA, Ocean Blvd, Fairfield Glade
As you can tell by my username, I am a huge college football fan and Alabama fan. I think this particular story is so silly. Two grown men sounding like 7 year olds. I'm not naive enough to believe there isn't cheating. The problem right now with NIL is there are no rules. The NCAA took a pass because they keep losing court battles. And, IMHO, rightly so. Nobody pays to watch a coach. We pay to watch the players, yet the NCAA refused to allow them to make money in sny form for decades. They even refused to allow them to have jobs for years, not that they had time between school, practice and “voluntary” workouts. Now, the floodgates are open and the coaches are pissed because the players are going to get some of the money that they’ve been getting. I say it’s about time.

Family_travel

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham
The power elite football programs will have the money to buy the best players in football & basketball. This is going to be a mess. IMHO
As mentioned in the article the power schools always had booster that could "reward" players.

Rolltydr

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
As mentioned in the article the power schools always had booster that could "reward" players.
Yes, but it was against the rules and the NCAA selectively enforced the rules, punishing some schools and players but letting others get away with it.

Family_travel

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham
Yes, but it was against the rules and the NCAA selectively enforced the rules, punishing some schools and players but letting others get away with it.
Yes, and Bama fans/alum brag about it. :clap:
But we are in agreement. I really was calling out the phrasing of "buy the best players". Should not refer to people being purchased.

Rolltydr

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
But we are in agreement. I really was calling out the phrasing of "buy the best players". Should not refer to people being purchased.
Brag about what? We got nailed a few times, too. Once very hard in the early 2000’s.

DrQ

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HICV, Westgate (second cousin, twice removed)
It would have been good if the article defined NIL (Name, Image & Likeness) to those of us not aware of the term.

Ralph Sir Edward

TUG Member
Reaction score
Yes, "hired" would be a better term.

Personally, I think they should go the whole hog, and make the players professional players - stop this "student" athlete nonsense.

amycurl

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
The problem with the NCAA in a nutshell: you can't be the Chamber of Commerce and the Sheriff in the same town.

Now, with NIL in place, let's move on to the next frontier towards equity: unionize the players.

Should not refer to people being purchased.

Much of big-time college sports lately is a study in ways that traditionally white institutions are making money off the physical labor of Black and Brown bodies, often to the long-term detriment of those bodies. This is one of those cases where they just said the quiet part out loud. Watch Last Chance U and tell me I'm wrong.

Rolltydr

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
You’re not wrong. I don’t know how soon they will be deemed employees and be able to unionize. I assume the NCAA will fight that through the court system so it could take several more years but based on their recent history in court, they have no chance of winning.

am1

TUG Member
Reaction score
The problem with the NCAA in a nutshell: you can't be the Chamber of Commerce and the Sheriff in the same town.

Now, with NIL in place, let's move on to the next frontier towards equity: unionize the players.

Much of big-time college sports lately is a study in ways that traditionally white institutions are making money off the physical labor of Black and Brown bodies, often to the long-term detriment of those bodies. This is one of those cases where they just said the quiet part out loud. Watch Last Chance U and tell me I'm wrong.
Then there is Title IX and men and women. Women's sports are less black and brown bodies yet they get subsidized my males of all colours. If one truly lets the market dictate then there are a whole lot of other issues to be resolved.

pedro47

TUG Member
Reaction score
How many days in the classroom does a student athlete missed to play in NCAA March Madness games or in the NCAA football Championship games playoff?

Ralph Sir Edward

TUG Member
Reaction score

The color doesn't matter. This goes back for many, many decades. Look up the book Meat On The Hoof . . .

Rolltydr

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
How many days in the classroom does a student athlete missed to play in NCAA March Madness games or in the NCAA football Championship games playoff?
I actually don’t think they miss many class days during the football championship because it takes place at the end of the semester during finals and between semesters. But, which one takes priority? For many of them, I’m sure it’s football and maybe it should be. That is actually their major, isn’t it? The basketball teams probably lose more actual class time with multiple games each week and the conference tournaments and NCAA Tournament running from the 2nd week of March into early April. Obviously, they have tutors and do classwork to some extent, but over 2,500 football players and 1,400 basketball players entered the transfer portal this past season. Do you think they were looking for more class time or more playing time?

pedro47

TUG Member
Reaction score
I actually don’t think they miss many class days during the football championship because it takes place at the end of the semester during finals and between semesters. But, which one takes priority? For many of them, I’m sure it’s football and maybe it should be. That is actually their major, isn’t it? The basketball teams probably lose more actual class time with multiple games each week and the conference tournaments and NCAA Tournament running from the 2nd week of March into early April. Obviously, they have tutors and do classwork to some extent, but over 2,500 football players and 1,400 basketball players entered the transfer portal this past season. Do you think they were looking for more class time or more playing time?
I feel they wanted more playing time.