• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Deeded week question

burg1121

TUG Member
Reaction score
I own a deeded week at MGO platinum season. I check every day at 9am for availability but get the same lame message. If I own a deeded week can they refuse to give it to me at MGO if I'm checking at the 12 mth out time frame. It seems I'm going by the rules. Should I be calling instead of using the website? I don't remember having this much trouble in the past although it's been awhile since I've done this. I've using it for points.

jwalk03

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
You are guaranteed a week in your owned season. So if you are booking for 2022 there has to be availability during platinum season, but you are not guaranteed any specific week during platinum season.

Inventory is released at 9AM- doing it online is faster than calling so you should go that route. New inventory is not released everyday- Only 12 months from the first check-in date each week. Here is the calendar that shows when inventory can be booked. http://img.vacationclubsurvey.com/images/ownercomm/LeapYear/calFSS.html

davidvel

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Shadow Ridge (Villages)
Carlsbad Inn
Are you sure you're checking the right day based on the calculator on the website? Generally, yes, you will get a week in your season, if you are trying the year before. Others who know your resort/season can better comment on any quirks.

aka Julie

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Shadow Ridge (platinum)
Do you check at other times during the day besides 9:00 am. Some weeks get cancelled after they are reserved and they go back in the pool for someone else to reserve.

TheTimeTraveler

TUG Member
Reaction score
I think check in days for MGO (for owners of weeks) to be either Thursday, Friday, Saturday, or Sunday. You will never be able to check in on any other day when you try to reserve your week for occupancy.

BJRSanDiego

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Sands of Kahana, Desert Springs I, DSV2, Shadow Ridge Enclaves Dlx
I checked the Marriottvacationclub site and it appears that they have check-ins on Fri., Sat. and Sun for weeks owners. I use the "Helpful tools" to check the resort calendar and also the earliest reservation date.

So, @burg1121, if (for example) you want to reserve Friday July 29, Sat. July 30, or Sun. July 31, you should either be on the phone or computer on Thursday July 29. 2021 at 9 am EASTERN. They open the entire week on that day.

I own some "white" or "gold" weeks in Palm Desert. So, since I live in California, I set the alarm, get a cup of coffee and am on both the phone and computer at 6 am Pacific (9 am Eastern) in order to reserve the high-demand Thanksgiving week. It is really high demand for gold owners because it is the only week that gives an Interval TDI of 125. I have succeeded in doing this for the past ten years. So, @burg1121, I suspect that you need to adjust your technique. There is nothing wrong with checking daily for an unexpected cancellation, but you would have better luck being on the phone and computer at 9 am Eastern on "opening day".

rthib

TUG Member
Reaction score
Did you check at the start of the Season? If not, then "your" week may have been in June.

tschwa2

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
A few in S and VA, a single resort in NC, MD, PA, and UT, plus Jamaica and the Bahamas
I be leave the weeks are all floating at MGO
So are you looking for a july week only or are you checking to see if there are any in June? There is no guarantee you will get the specific week you want because others may book quicker than you each week before you get a chance. There will be a week available to you during your season if you are checking now for next summer.

BJRSanDiego

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Sands of Kahana, Desert Springs I, DSV2, Shadow Ridge Enclaves Dlx
I be leave the weeks are all floating at MGO
Yes, the weeks at MGO float, but only within your own season. The Platinum season for 2022 is June 17, 2022 to August 28, 2022.

Edit : @jwalk03: you're right, the OP was trying to book for next year. I overlooked that. So I corrected my post

Last edited:

jwalk03

TUG Member
Reaction score
The OP said checking at 12 mth out, so I believe is trying to reserve for 2022, and would be guaranteed a platinum week corresponding to his ownership.

Dean

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
I own a deeded week at MGO platinum season. I check every day at 9am for availability but get the same lame message. If I own a deeded week can they refuse to give it to me at MGO if I'm checking at the 12 mth out time frame. It seems I'm going by the rules. Should I be calling instead of using the website? I don't remember having this much trouble in the past although it's been awhile since I've done this. I've using it for points.
It would seem all weeks released so far have been reserved. Make sure you continue to check but be prepared for an August stay or a late July stay. They should release date for the weekend of 22 July was yesterday. You can reserve and then call to try to change but there is a change fee which is waived if enrolled.

AlmostRetired

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Grande Ocean Platinum, 2 x Grand Chateau 3 Bedroom (annual, EOY Odd)
I never paid attention to the 13 month window for booking because I own fixed weeks at the Monarch. I do own a floating Grand Chateau and even though it is Platinum 51 weeks out of the year bit I normally booked the week with the highest trading power as shown in II. I know it really didn't mean that much but it is a trader so I know it can't hurt. This year I picked up a MGO and learned that I could book the MGO 13 months before my fixed week. I always though the units had to be at the same resort to book 13 months put. One of my fixed weeks is the last week in July. Using my Monarch as a line in the sand, If I lock out my Grand Chateau and combine it with the MGO, could I have booked the GO 13 months and 3 weeks earlier than my Monarch allowing me to have booked the MGO for the 4th of July week? I did call Marriott and they said yes but the person didn't sound very confident.

jwalk03

TUG Member
Reaction score
If you own multiple weeks you can book consecutive or concurrent weeks at 13-months out, even at different resorts as long as the seasons line-up correctly.

Dean

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
I never paid attention to the 13 month window for booking because I own fixed weeks at the Monarch. I do own a floating Grand Chateau and even though it is Platinum 51 weeks out of the year bit I normally booked the week with the highest trading power as shown in II. I know it really didn't mean that much but it is a trader so I know it can't hurt. This year I picked up a MGO and learned that I could book the MGO 13 months before my fixed week. I always though the units had to be at the same resort to book 13 months put. One of my fixed weeks is the last week in July. Using my Monarch as a line in the sand, If I lock out my Grand Chateau and combine it with the MGO, could I have booked the GO 13 months and 3 weeks earlier than my Monarch allowing me to have booked the MGO for the 4th of July week? I did call Marriott and they said yes but the person didn't sound very confident.
Early on that was the misperception. Also early it was reported that a fixed week didn't qualify but either that was wrong or it changed at some point because now you can. Likely the best option from a procedural standpoint is to book the week after but in this case you can try for the week before, then same week then after as the need arises.

wballoni

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott's Grande Ocean platinum
Is it worth noting that reserving 13 months out is reserving into a limited inventory? In other words, the entire inventory is not released at 13 months; some is, but not all. Come 12 months out, the remaining inventory is release. That is my understanding, please confirm.

jwalk03

TUG Member
Reaction score
Is it worth noting that reserving 13 months out is reserving into a limited inventory? In other words, the entire inventory is not released at 13 months; some is, but not all. Come 12 months out, the remaining inventory is release. That is my understanding, please confirm.

That’s right it’s not the full inventory. So if you try to reserve at 13 months and there is no availability you can try again at 12 months.

Dean

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
That’s right it’s not the full inventory. So if you try to reserve at 13 months and there is no availability you can try again at 12 months.
It's listed as "up to 50%" will be released at 13 months out from the first day of check in for that resort. Many are F, S & S, some start on Thursday and some of the older ones have a single set day of either Fri, Sat OR Sun. A large portion at many resorts goes to those doing consecutive weeks and thus are receiving at 14-15 months out in some cases.