• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Deed recorded incorrectly. Unit was recorded incorrectly.

luckyrose

TUG Member
Reaction score
Hello,

I need some advise. I had a timeshare The Pines (VA) for several years. I traded it with RCI. Company who prepare deed is TTC Holdings and out of business now. I did not know unit was recorded incorrectly and for years was trading it. I found out when I try to sell it and requested deed and send it to the Pines management company. They told me it is incorrect and now my responsibly to correct it using attorney.

I requested copy of the deed and sent it to the resort to find out that unit was recorded incorrectly . I don't want this timeshare and want to get rid of it. Is there way to get rid of it if there issue with a deed or it is a more problem for me and I have to correct it in order to sell it or give way?

Last edited:

silentg

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Fitzpatrick's Castle Holiday Homes,
Enchanted Isle.
Hello,

I need some advise. I had a timeshare The Pines (VA) for several years. I traded it with RCI. I requested copy of the deed and sent it to the resort to find out that unit is on the deed does not exist. I don't want this timeshare and want to get rid of it. Is there way to get rid of it if there issue with a deed or it is a more problem for me and I have to correct it in order to sell it or give way?
We own a week at The Pines too. How do you know the unit doesn’t exist? I’m sending you a PM

luckyrose

TUG Member
Reaction score
We own a week at The Pines too. How do you know the unit doesn’t exist? I’m sending you a PM

I sent a copy to the Pines management company and they told me that it was not recorded correctly. I love to get rid of it, but seems I have to fix it and spend more money on it :(

Roger830

TUG Member
Reaction score
It would seem that if you are not deeded a valid unit, then you don't own there.

This could be an easy out.

davidvel

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Shadow Ridge (Villages)
Carlsbad Inn
More details would help people help you. What is incorrect on the deed? Who did you buy it from? What did the deed they received say vs. yours?How does the resort recognize you if it's been wrong (ie. Didn't they get the deed after you bought)?

luckyrose

TUG Member
Reaction score
I just talk to real estate attorney ad he said you acknowledge purchase, so no easy out :(

VacationForever

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Just contact LTT to see if they can help to correct it. Their fees for closing / transfer are very reasonable.

LT Transfers
4513 Highway 129N
Cleveland, GA 30528

email to readylegal@gmail.com

dioxide45

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grande Vista
Marriott Harbour Lake
Sheraton Vistana Villages
Club Wyndham CWA
More details would help people help you. What is incorrect on the deed? Who did you buy it from? What did the deed they received say vs. yours?How does the resort recognize you if it's been wrong (ie. Didn't they get the deed after you bought)?
I agree, we need more details. What is the actual unit number that the resort and owner thinks they own. What is the unit number on their current deed? What is the unit owner on the prior owners deed?

silentg

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Enchanted Isle.
I’m interested to know too!

dioxide45

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grande Vista
Marriott Harbour Lake
Club Wyndham CWA
Just contact LTT to see if they can help to correct it. Their fees for closing / transfer are very reasonable.

LT Transfers
4513 Highway 129N
Cleveland, GA 30528

email to readylegal@gmail.com
LT may be able to help point them in the right direction, but I think the OP may need a real estate attorney to get this fixed. If the deed is wrong, it may need to go through quiet title to get it fixed. A rather expensive and drawn out process.

luckyrose

TUG Member
Reaction score
Ah. Just for a good idea to fallow up with a resort and make sue deed is recorded correctly for a new purchases.
My situation The deed is listed as unit 007. There is no unit 007. It is unit 105, which would be recorded in the deed as unit 001. The deed says prepared by TTC holdings LLC, and they out of business.

davidvel

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Carlsbad Inn
Ah. Just for a good idea to fallow up with a resort and make sue deed is recorded correctly for a new purchases.
My situation The deed is listed as unit 007. There is no unit 007. It is unit 105, which would be recorded in the deed as unit 001. The deed says prepared by TTC holdings LLC, and they out of business.
Can you answer the questions I asked above?

silentg

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Enchanted Isle.
I checked my deed it looks ok, we are going there next year. I will call the Pines before we go. I hope you get your timeshare worked out. If the deed is not correct. Why can’t you just walk away? The company who recorded it is out of business and there is no such unit at the resort, so why do you have to correct this mistake? You didn’t make it.
Silentg

davidvel

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Carlsbad Inn
I checked my deed it looks ok, we are going there next year. I will call the Pines before we go. I hope you get your timeshare worked out. If the deed is not correct. Why can’t you just walk away? The company who recorded it is out of business and there is no such unit at the resort, so why do you have to correct this mistake? You didn’t make it.
Silentg
We don't know what the purported mistake is, who sold it to her, etc. If the deed has worked all along for her ownership (she only said she has concerns about selling, not that it affects her use), why should the buyer have any less use than her?

Too many missing facts, with no answers, to solve this riddle.

vacationtime1

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WKORV-OF (Maui)
WKV x2 (Scottsdale)
The resort is taking inconsistent positions: (1) you are the legal owner of the property and must fix the problem, and (2) you don't really own the property so you cannot transfer it.

I would tell the resort that if they will not accept the new owner (because the old owner -- you -- doesn't have correct title), then you will walk away from the unit that they say you do not own.

(Note that there is an easy fix, if you can find the person who sold the property to you: have them sign a new, correct deed; you don't need to go through the old title company. But unless you can find this person, you do not want (or need) to spend the amount of money it would take to solve this problem.)

Last edited:

dioxide45

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grande Vista
Marriott Harbour Lake
Club Wyndham CWA
The resort is taking inconsistent positions: (1) you are the legal owner of the property and must fix the problem, and (2) you don't really own the property so you cannot transfer it.

I would tell the resort that if they will not accept the new owner (because the old owner -- you -- doesn't have correct title), then you will walk away from the unit that they say you do not own.

(Note that there is an easy fix, if you can find the person who sold the property to you: have them sign a new, correct deed; you don't need to go through the old title company. But unless you can find this person, you do not want (or need) to spend the amount of money it would take to solve this problem.)
If thew OP has the original deed, wet ink, they may be able to have a closing agent obtain the correct legal description and reattach it, if it was a separate page, then rerecord noting the reason being the error on the unit number. This may be more difficult with the deed being recorded so long ago.