• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Deed back an option?

amanven

TUG Member
Reaction score
We have had our Sheraton Vistana Resort since 2008. We bought it on the resale market for next to nothing. I have gotten almost every trade trough II that I ever wanted with it and we have stayed at the resort multiple times during the tenure of our ownership. We just returned from a weeks stay there (catching up on all the backed up usage we couldn't use during Covid). We had a good time while there but Orlando has become so very congested in the Lake Buena Vista area, the weather can be very iffy in December, January or February and just in general we found a bit of a decline in the quality of the resort (some of that may be as a result of the downturn in travel during Covid). Our kids are grown, we don't as yet have grandchildren so Disney is not a reason for us to go anymore. For the first time since acquiring our ownership, I find myself having less desire to go to Orlando anymore.

Now for the question. Do we have any option to deed back our ownership to Marriott or do we have to sell it or give it away to be out of it. That ownership doesn't owe me anything so a deed back or give away is of no concern to me and seems to be a safer option to offering it for sale. We have considered giving it to our daughter because she absolutely loves it there but I doubt she would want to go there every year and I don't want to saddle her with the maintenance fee expense if she wouldn't. Is Marriott willingly taking weeks back right now? I have already exchanged our 2022 usage so not sure whether Marriott would be willing to take it back without the 2022 usage. Likewise that lack of 2022 usage would make selling it a bit more difficult.

wtrjock

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Westin Kaanapali South
Sheraton Vistana Villages Keywest
Sheraton Vistana Villages Keywest
Post what you have on here or TUG. I'm sure someone will take it off your hands. That would be much better than giving it back to Marriott to sale to someone else.

dioxide45

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grande Vista
Marriott Harbour Lake
Sheraton Vistana Villages
Club Wyndham CWA
Vistana's website for Responsible Exit no longer works, but you can still contact them via email and phone. Details from www.ResponsibleExit.com. This is a legitimate site and the contacts are directly to Vistana.