• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Dealing with covid 19 in our community

Panina

TUG Review Crew: Elite
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Hgvc Anderson, Blue Ride Village Resort
@CPNY I also feel there are tens of thousands of us who are carriers or had/have it.

Unfortunately many will not listen to prudent things they need to do thus infecting others.

geekette

Reaction score
Correct. If they were tested many would be tested positive.

NYC has conducted 2300 tests, 14% of those tested positive. Which means the other 86% presented with other conditions (flu, common cold, allergies, etc). If you take , let’s say roughly 30% of NYC residents who are experiencing some kind of symptom to the above mentioned illnesses, you’re left with around 2.5 million people with “something”. If you tested everyone and took the same 14% data set and applied that to those people, there can be approximately 35,000 positive cases in NYC already. Yes, it will continue to grow. Let’s just hope those experience mild to no symptoms and we can reduce transmission to keep our elderly and those with pre existing condisitons safe.

that’s not saying everyone should go about their daily routine feeling unwell. It’s just saying everyone needs to calm down and not be crazed when they see numbers double from 10-20 and so on. As testing becomes readily available more will be tested and more will be positive. Again, if they had the capabilities to test all those with symptoms in nyc today and receive those results today. The number would go from 328 to 35,000. Then watch the real pandemonium ensue. Meanwhile, that’s closer to the true number already. Knowledge is power but it is also debilitating.
Yep. I figure I will get it but have mostly been staying in my home so I can be a late catcher. Hopefully I just feel fluish for a few days and it's over with, no calls to doctor, etc. And not in the stats. And never sure if I developed immunity. I know it's walking around in our community with people not feeling sick. I'm sure there are sick people walking around thinking, well, nothing I can do about it, I have to earn pay and can't afford a doctor.

The data would not have been scary had it been collected all along. The whole "not in the US" needed a reality check up front. Now, yeah, I agree, a massive jump will freak people out. But it still needs to be done. I will likely not know if I had/have it, but I'm also not likely to die of it, so not at all scared about it. If I start feeling like pneumonia is setting in, well, then, that's when I call my doctor. I do have pre-existing conditions so I wouldn't wait around if I was getting worse after 3 days. I'm simply hoping to be past the peak so if I need a ventilator, there is one available. or, better yet, flu-ish for 3 days and done.

I have not been part of the crush to stock up. No masks here, no gallon jug of sanitizer. Same cleaning products and sanitizers and soaps I already had. Looks to me like people freaked out already and I hope I don't need to go out for tp any time soon...

CPNY

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Harborside Resort at Atlantis
SVV - Key West/Bella
WKV
Regal Vista at Massanutten
Yep. I figure I will get it but have mostly been staying in my home so I can be a late catcher. Hopefully I just feel fluish for a few days and it's over with, no calls to doctor, etc. And not in the stats. And never sure if I developed immunity. I know it's walking around in our community with people not feeling sick. I'm sure there are sick people walking around thinking, well, nothing I can do about it, I have to earn pay and can't afford a doctor.

The data would not have been scary had it been collected all along. The whole "not in the US" needed a reality check up front. Now, yeah, I agree, a massive jump will freak people out. But it still needs to be done. I will likely not know if I had/have it, but I'm also not likely to die of it, so not at all scared about it. If I start feeling like pneumonia is setting in, well, then, that's when I call my doctor. I do have pre-existing conditions so I wouldn't wait around if I was getting worse after 3 days. I'm simply hoping to be past the peak so if I need a ventilator, there is one available. or, better yet, flu-ish for 3 days and done.

I have not been part of the crush to stock up. No masks here, no gallon jug of sanitizer. Same cleaning products and sanitizers and soaps I already had. Looks to me like people freaked out already and I hope I don't need to go out for tp any time soon...
I was directed to stay home and not bother being tested. The symptoms I had were mild but made me question huh I feel off..... never even thinking covid 19. To be honest two weeks ago it was if you’re not dying you’re not sick. After reading stories of others who had it, i was like omg I had that and then that and that and that.....and now this.... as soon as I became aware I isolated. Luckily I wasn’t out in public much during my “feeling off” dare I say mercury in retrograde as everyone was telling me. I reached out to drs who said just stay home. I developed a cough although may have been due to post nasal drip. Currently I’m fine. But still isolating. I’ll never know what I really had so I will go into public mid next week. The breathing is annoying, taking deep breaths every once in a while.

Last edited:

Panina

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
I was directed to stay home and not bother being tested. The symptoms I had were mild but made me question huh I feel off..... never even thinking covid 19. To be honest two weeks ago it was if you’re not dying you’re not sick. After reading stories of others who had it, i was like omg I had that and then that and that and that.....and not this.... as soon as I became aware I isolated. Luckily I wasn’t out in public much during my symptoms. I reached out to drs who said just stay home. I developed a cough although may have been due to post nasal drip. Currently I’m fine. But still isolating. I’ll never know what I really had so I will go into public mid next week.
Glad your fine and you are still isolating to protect others. Wouldn’t it be nice to know if you had mild coronavirus or now have antibodies in your system? Too bad you won’t know.

CPNY

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
SVV - Key West/Bella
WKV
Glad your fine and you are still isolating to protect others. Wouldn’t it be nice to know if you had mild coronavirus or now have antibodies in your system? Too bad you won’t know.
I know I just read covid. 19 survivors may have decreased lung capacity. That makes sense since I’ve been breathing heavy the past few days. Ugh so frustrating. I’d love to know for sure

Firepath

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
DVC
They are saying that the biggest danger for the health care facilities is not being overwhelmed by those needing immediate treatment, but by
the "worried well." I don't believe runny nose is an actual system of COVID19, but if everyone with a runny nose goes to ER just to make sure, how can they handle it?

Panina

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
I know I just read covid. 19 survivors may have decreased lung capacity. That makes sense since I’ve been breathing heavy the past few days. Ugh so frustrating. I’d love to know for sure
Hopefully your breathing will improve in time. When I had the flu it took 4 weeks, my cousin 4 months, neither of us ever had lung issues prior. I also feel my breathing is heavy at times. I had the symptoms Tom Hanks and his wife Rita had a few weeks ago and thought it was a virus but didn’t think it was coronavirus when I had it as the symptom list was different.

CPNY

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
SVV - Key West/Bella
WKV
Hopefully your breathing will improve in time. When I had the flu it took 4 weeks, my cousin 4 months, neither of us ever had lung issues prior. I also feel my breathing is heavy at times. I had the symptoms Tom Hanks and his wife Rita had a few weeks ago and thought it was a virus but didn’t think it was coronavirus when I had it as the symptom list was different.
Maybe i should get tested for the flu.

rapmarks

TUG Member
Reaction score
All events at our clubhouse have been cancelled for three weeks. All card groups, all group lunches and dinners, awards ceremonies, wii bowling and banquet, golf awards dinners, etc, etc, :(

geekette

Reaction score
They are saying that the biggest danger for the health care facilities is not being overwhelmed by those needing immediate treatment, but by
the "worried well." I don't believe runny nose is an actual system of COVID19, but if everyone with a runny nose goes to ER just to make sure, how can they handle it?
people with runny noses will not be seen by the ER. Name not taken, not told to wait.

Who are these people that go to the doctor, or ER!, for a runny nose? I don't know anybody like that, let alone everyone with a runny nose.

Panina

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned

geekette

Reaction score
Maybe i should get tested for the flu.
Not a bad idea. If whatever you're dealing with worsens (moves into your chest), or brings high fever (past 100), you need to be seen. Could also be pneumonia. I've had that, and it definitely impacts breathing. I was in fact going to get pneumonia shot, as my last was well more than 10 years ago.