• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Deal alert: Lenovo's $300 Chromebook tablet is currently discounted to $99

Sugarcubesea

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
QH, HBC, VBHC, & Pinestead Reef
I just received mine today, must say it's a very nice tablet for $99 after using iPad mini for the last 6 years.

Nice and bright screen, larger than my mini. Set up quickly using my Gmail account! and linked to my Android phone, downloaded all my contacts, email, and shortcuts.

the only knock so far is the charging USB adapter is underpowered, it was reporting it would not charge while I was using it, only when I shut it off. I have a "brick" style USB-C charger, so I switched to that and it charges a lot faster. It had about 60% charge out of the box. I was down level a few updates but quickly installed those.

PS just finished charging! 99% indicated 14hrs 40min usage, that's nice my old iPad was only good for 2 hrs lately.

Sent from my kukui using Tapatalk
Dave, I just got mine today and my son set it up to charge, I noticed above that you said you have a brick" style USB-C charger, can you tell me what brand it is, as I think I should purchase one to go with this chrome pad. thanks

b2bailey

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Thanks so much! Ordered one for my husband with a keyboard and he is looking forward to it! Great price!

I had actually been looking at IPads earlier today as he needs a larger reading surface than his iPhone so this was a great deal!!!
I also ordered the keyboard -- but I'm disappointed because I have received the chrome book -- but no word on keyboard yet -- and that was my purpose when ordering.

Sugarcubesea

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
I also ordered the keyboard -- but I'm disappointed because I have received the chrome book -- but no word on keyboard yet -- and that was my purpose when ordering.
I also ordered the keyboard, and it did mention in the original email that I got that they would be shipped separately. I just finally got mine charged and all set up

SmithOp

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC King's Land 2BR Premier 23.040K Points.
Dave, I just got mine today and my son set it up to charge, I noticed above that you said you have a brick" style USB-C charger, can you tell me what brand it is, as I think I should purchase one to go with this chrome pad. thanks
I would recommend this Nektek brand charger because it's UL and USB-IF certified, has excellent rating. There are some cheaper sub $20 chargers but not as highly rated.

Sent from my Lenovo 10e using Tapatalk

Sugarcubesea

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Have you received keyboard?

Just got this email...about the keyboard

1FnJeuRnntGgTbEEqgNEo2ckGvIANI8mqErlJ8zcRokE4vaYmLjMsuKgBZKwPfSVfwOf8FoKmTmRdWFkIiUrMKuwEfgJlaUkVi25ZEi56-LVcMjMaIp_eHbh8rzIv2duP8aHyq6QBQ=s0-d-e1-ft
We're sorry. Your shipment has been delayed.
Order Number: 4640487295
Order Placed: 01/13/2022
There has been a change to the estimated ship date for one or more items in your order, and we are unable to ship them by the original date promised.
We are working hard to get your order shipped as soon as possible, and it will ship within the next 30 days. We will send you an email as soon as it’s shipped. Click below to view the latest status information for your order.
Please note: No action is required if you accept this delay notification. Questions? Please contact us.

Ty1on

TUG Member
Reaction score
Just got this email...about the keyboard

1FnJeuRnntGgTbEEqgNEo2ckGvIANI8mqErlJ8zcRokE4vaYmLjMsuKgBZKwPfSVfwOf8FoKmTmRdWFkIiUrMKuwEfgJlaUkVi25ZEi56-LVcMjMaIp_eHbh8rzIv2duP8aHyq6QBQ=s0-d-e1-ft
We're sorry. Your shipment has been delayed.
Order Number: 4640487295
Order Placed: 01/13/2022
There has been a change to the estimated ship date for one or more items in your order, and we are unable to ship them by the original date promised.
We are working hard to get your order shipped as soon as possible, and it will ship within the next 30 days. We will send you an email as soon as it’s shipped. Click below to view the latest status information for your order.
Please note: No action is required if you accept this delay notification. Questions? Please contact us.

same here

glenmore

Tug Review Crew: Rookie
TUG Member
Reaction score
Hope someone can help! I have not been able to pair the 10e Lenovo Folio keyboard case with my 10e chrome book tablet

I have googled and checked Lenovo. Usually I can figure this out but am stymied ‍‍. Couldn’t be age - could it???

glenmore

TUG Member
Reaction score
Just got a message on tablet that my keyboard needed a critical update - could that be it? I am powering off, then on

glenmore

TUG Member
Reaction score
It worked that day and hasn’t worked since. I checked for updates and there were some but now the keyboard won’t work at all

Does anyone have a solution??

Kozman

TUG Member
Reaction score
Ordered one in late January and still have not received it. I've received several e-mails offering the reason as unavoidable and that they are working to resolve the shipment soon. Still waiting.

b2bailey

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
I've been happy with my purchase -- except for speaker volume.
Attempted to connect external speakers -- but wrong port type.
Can someone recommend speakers?

DaveNV

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Free Agent

I'd skip wired, and go wireless. Brand names of speakers are less important than performance these days. Can you connect Bluetooth speakers to it? Something powered separately, with a volume button, would likely counteract the low volume from the tablet itself.

Dave

BJRSanDiego

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Sands of Kahana, Desert Springs I, DSV2, Shadow Ridge Enclaves Dlx
I bought a JBL blue tooth speaker. They have a whole series of them. The bigger they are, the better the base and the higher the price (and vice versa). I have a Charge 3 and am pleased with it. We take it on all vacations, even if we're flying.

Brett

Reaction score

probably any headphone/speakers with a 3.5mm jack but I agree with others - go wireless. I use JBL

TUGBrian

Administrator
Reaction score
anyone have a decent/thick/etc cover they have bought for this they like? thicker the better (kids)

TUGBrian

Administrator
Reaction score
interesting, might have to check that out!

was hoping for one of the thicker leather covers like my kindle has with the flap on the front etc.

that said, its held up rather well for the past week in "kid hands" dealing with drops and such.

CRAIGS

Reaction score
does chromebook still have the problem of not being able to print on a printer?

SmithOp

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC King's Land 2BR Premier 23.040K Points.
does chromebook still have the problem of not being able to print on a printer?
Wireless printing works fine to my Canon AIO, I can scan to PDF also. My wife's iPad Pro works the same.

Sent from my Lenovo 10e using Tapatalk