• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

DC Pts Availability in FL in April

hangloose

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott's Grande Vista (x2)
Marriott's Maui Ocean Club
Marriott's Ko Olina Beach Club
Marriott's Ocean Pointe
I am looking to add 3 consecutive days in Orlando in mid April to an existing vacation plan. I plan to book via Vacation Club Pts, as I've got some to burn.

Surprisingly, there is no availability out of any 14 Florida properties for the 3 consecutive days I need. This is surprising, even given high demand spring break and Easter. I figured there would at least be one resort. I think one of the days (a Thursday nonetheless) has absolutely no availability for even a 1 day stay at any resort. I think that's the blocker on my 3 consecutive day stay request.

Questions:
1. Does Vacation Club Pts inventory vary by minute?
2. Does MVCI load VC Pts availability at a certain time of day/night for previously cancelled reservations? IE. Midnight? Or are they loaded immediately upon cancel.
3. I'm assuming something will open up if I keep checking. Anyone have a view from last minute FL DC inventory in April peak?

My other option may be to grab individual nights if they become available...then attempt to tack on the other nights at the same resort in the same villa/view. Or go on the waitlist?

dioxide45

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grande Vista
Marriott Harbour Lake
Sheraton Vistana Villages
Club Wyndham CWA
Not sure if they will take a waitlist this late in the game, that is worth a try. Spring break is hard any year and it sounds like you may be trying for a stay that includes weekend nights? The resorts do get a lot busier on the weekends. I would try the waitlist if you can, they may pull the inventory from somewhere else to fill your request.

Dean

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
I am looking to add 3 consecutive days in Orlando in mid April to an existing vacation plan. I plan to book via Vacation Club Pts, as I've got some to burn.

Surprisingly, there is no availability out of any 14 Florida properties for the 3 consecutive days I need. This is surprising, even given high demand spring break and Easter. I figured there would at least be one resort. I think one of the days (a Thursday nonetheless) has absolutely no availability for even a 1 day stay at any resort. I think that's the blocker on my 3 consecutive day stay request.

Questions:
1. Does Vacation Club Pts inventory vary by minute?
2. Does MVCI load VC Pts availability at a certain time of day/night for previously cancelled reservations? IE. Midnight? Or are they loaded immediately upon cancel.
3. I'm assuming something will open up if I keep checking. Anyone have a view from last minute FL DC inventory in April peak?

My other option may be to grab individual nights if they become available...then attempt to tack on the other nights at the same resort in the same villa/view. Or go on the waitlist?
Yes it changes but I'm not sure there is any rhyme or reason to how things get added. I think most of it short notice is instantaneous based on cancelations. Have you looked at an exchange or getaway to cover the time then you could use the extra points for something else, possibly resort credits. The 2 weeks bracketing Easter are an exception to the routine Orlando easy availability.

Big Matt

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
I see 9 available right now including all of the Orlando properties

Dean

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
I see 9 available right now including all of the Orlando properties
I suspect he's looking at the first week, nothing is available for the 8th at any property in Orlando for any size at this moment.

hangloose

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott's Ocean Pointe
I suspect he's looking at the first week, nothing is available for the 8th at any property in Orlando for any size at this moment.

Correct. The 3 days I need include Thurs April 8th, which has had no availability for any Orlando over the past week I’ve been looking.
I see availability for the other 2 days, but trying to avoid booking those with the risk of not finding April 8th at the same resort. Moving resorts for a day is ‘acceptable’ but not preferred.

I’m thinking given the number of villas and resorts in Orlando, that something will open.

Worst case of no MVC availability on April 8th, I have a Bonvoy free night cert I could always use.

dioxide45

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grande Vista
Marriott Harbour Lake
Sheraton Vistana Villages
Club Wyndham CWA
This is Easter Week?

Dean

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
This is Easter Week?
The week after, Easter is the 4th. The week before and after tend to be very busy, almost equally so for many locations in my experience.

Fi2

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
only Platinum MVC - Fairway Villas, Newport Coast, Grande Vista, Desert Springs, Summit Watch (x2), Grande Ocean OS (x2), and too many destination points
I’d book the two nights available, and a cash night stay for the third, get on a waiting list for the dp room, and keep checking. Cancelled rooms pop right back into inventory with little delay, and you’re more likely to find one night vs three at once.

At this late stage, as long as there’s still space on the waiting list, you can still get on, but must indicate that you don’t want the request to expire until the day you have to cancel the cash reservation (else they usually expire 60 days out). I’ve had great success coming off waitlists, even after arriving on property.

Fi2

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
only Platinum MVC - Fairway Villas, Newport Coast, Grande Vista, Desert Springs, Summit Watch (x2), Grande Ocean OS (x2), and too many destination points
I just noticed your free night cert — you can always book and cancel that if you get off a waitlist, so there’s no harm in applying it now

Superchief

TUG Member
Reaction score
I checked Orlando MVC resorts on 4/8 using the 2VC code on the Marriott hotel website and found availability at all except Harbor Lake. Most rates were under $200 per night, so this may be an option if you are unable to book through MVC. I think the other MVC owner discount codes should also work.

hangloose

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott's Ocean Pointe

hangloose

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott's Ocean Pointe
I checked Orlando MVC resorts on 4/8 using the 2VC code on the Marriott hotel website and found availability at all except Harbor Lake. Most rates were under $200 per night, so this may be an option if you are unable to book through MVC. I think the other MVC owner discount codes should also work.

Yep. I may think about this option also.

jmhpsu93

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
MVC Abound Points
MVC Grande Vista (x2)
MVC Cypress Harbour (x2)
MVC Harbour Lake (x2)
Golden Shores (Mexico)
Yep. I may think about this option also.
Also, at < $200/night your cost in $$ will be lower than what you paid in MFs for those points in many cases. I had three Interval weeks here at Grande Vista with one day missing and paid cash for a night (Saturday) for about $250 for a 3BR vs. the 850 points it would have cost for that night in DPs.

Superchief

TUG Member
Reaction score
Also, at < $200/night your cost in $$ will be lower than what you paid in MFs for those points in many cases. I had three Interval weeks here at Grande Vista with one day missing and paid cash for a night (Saturday) for about $250 for a 3BR vs. the 850 points it would have cost for that night in DPs.
I find this to often be the case for Fri-Sat nights especially due to their high point requirements.

hangloose

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott's Ocean Pointe
All great suggestions. Thank you TUGgers! Love this group.

I'm going to give it a week..checking VC Pts availability a few times per day..to see if I can find a matching resorts/villa size for all 3 days. Given # of resorts and villas in Orlando, I'm hoping that something will open. A GV studios did open....but I really need 1BR or 2BR. If nothing opens, I'll piece meal it together.

Only reason to try and use VC Pts, is that I have extra to burn from COVID backlog from 2020 cancelations, banked Pts and holding pts. So trying to use those if possible. But if not, a quick cash payment for the extra day is easy and as you stated...less than $200....especially with Presidential 35% discount. Seems plenty of MVCI availability using that on Marriott.com.

hangloose

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott's Ocean Pointe
Lucked out. Grabbed a 2BR at Harbour Lake, which came available for the 3 days I needed in the exact same villa size. Yay! My persistence in checking constantly..paid off.

Plus, we get to visit an MVCI resort we have never been to!