• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

DC point inventory challenges

Mlvnsmly

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott's Oceana Palms, Asia Pacific Points
Just FYI, based on my experiences when I've reserved Maui weeks with points, the points inventory has loaded by midnight (12:01AM) on the 12 month release day, not at 9:00AM. I got a 1BR OF for next February in Lahaina/Napili villas at midnight this past February. By 9am the next morning, there was much less available, and no OF. I have not looked at midnight on the 13 month release day to see if the same thing happens, but I do know that at 9AM on the 13 month release day this past February, there was no inventory available for our February 2022 dates. That's why I tried at midnight on the 12 month date and as has always been the case in the past for me, the inventory was available as the clock rolled over. As I recall, it may have even already been loaded a few minutes before midnight, but don't recall precisely on that, but I do seem to have a recollection that I was able to book before midnight.
Do you find that midnight holds true for all resorts or has it just been Maui?

TravelTime

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
All Resale: MVC DPs, Marriott Ko Olina, Marriott Marbella, WKOVR-N, Four Seasons Aviara
Did you have to pay a points premium for reserving with points at the 13 month mark?

I do not know what you mean. I am not aware of there being a point premium for reserving at 13 months.

SueDonJ

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Barony Beach and SurfWatch
I do not know what you mean. I am not aware of there being a point premium for reserving at 13 months.

From the TUG Points FAQ section on Reservation Windows:
>>13 months
  • Executive, Presidential and Chairman's Club Members booking one or more nights, including Luxury properties
  • Select Members booking seven nights or more, excluding Luxury properties
  • Owners booking seven nights or more with an additional 20% Points premium, excluding Luxury properties<<
Also see this "Benefits At A Glance" chart from MVW.

vol_90

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Phuket Beach Club, Aruba Surf Club, Grand Chateau, Canyon Villas, Desert Springs Villas II, Abound & Asia Pacific Points
Just FYI, based on my experiences when I've reserved Maui weeks with points, the points inventory has loaded by midnight (12:01AM) on the 12 month release day, not at 9:00AM. I got a 1BR OF for next February in Lahaina/Napili villas at midnight this past February. By 9am the next morning, there was much less available, and no OF. I have not looked at midnight on the 13 month release day to see if the same thing happens, but I do know that at 9AM on the 13 month release day this past February, there was no inventory available for our February 2022 dates. That's why I tried at midnight on the 12 month date and as has always been the case in the past for me, the inventory was available as the clock rolled over. As I recall, it may have even already been loaded a few minutes before midnight, but don't recall precisely on that, but I do seem to have a recollection that I was able to book before midnight.
Is the 12 - 13 month inventory loads done on a daily basis?

TravelTime

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
All Resale: MVC DPs, Marriott Ko Olina, Marriott Marbella, WKOVR-N, Four Seasons Aviara
From the TUG Points FAQ section on Reservation Windows:
>>13 months
  • Executive, Presidential and Chairman's Club Members booking one or more nights, including Luxury properties
  • Select Members booking seven nights or more, excluding Luxury properties
  • Owners booking seven nights or more with an additional 20% Points premium, excluding Luxury properties<<
Also see this "Benefits At A Glance" chart from MVW.

I am Presidential so I was not aware that the Owner level has to pay a 20% premium.

vol_90

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Phuket Beach Club, Aruba Surf Club, Grand Chateau, Canyon Villas, Desert Springs Villas II, Abound & Asia Pacific Points

JIMinNC

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Marvin, NC (Charlotte) & Hilton Head Island, SC
Resorts Owned
Marriott:
Maui Ocean Club
Waiohai Beach Club
Barony Beach Club
Abound ClubPoints
HGVC:
HGVC at Sea World
Do you find that midnight holds true for all resorts or has it just been Maui?

Maui has been the only resort I'm sure I have tried to book right at the 12 month mark at midnight, so it is the only one I can speak with certainty about. I may have also booked Marriott's Waiohai on Kauai at that time a couple years ago, but don't recall for sure. Our other points bookings have been able to be made weeks or months after the 12 month window opened. So, it may be true for other resorts as well, but I only have experienced it with our Maui - and perhaps Kauai - points bookings.

Is the 12 - 13 month inventory loads done on a daily basis?

Once a week for 7 days worth of inventory. The 13-month release date is generally a Tuesday and the 12-month release date is generally a Friday.

jmhpsu93

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
MVC Abound Points
MVC Grande Vista (x2)
MVC Cypress Harbour (x2)
MVC Harbour Lake (x2)
Golden Shores (Mexico)
Aruba looks like another weird one. I'm trying to book a week in early June next year and the 13-month window opened yesterday, but almost nothing. Plenty of inventory at the 12-month early May mark, though. I can't imagine much change in demand from early May to early June, as kids in theory will still be in school.

Mroze

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
MKO,MRD,MCV,DCP
WKV,WNA
HYS,HYN,HYB
Which day?
I think the DOW could change.

Have only been monitoring the 13-Month release and ntoiced that the +13-Month, next week inventory shows up on TUE-9:00AM EST.
E.g. Tue, MAY-04-2021 opened up inventory for CHECK-IN of Wed, JUN-01-2022 --> Tue, JUN-07-2022.
I could book up to a MAX 21-DAYS out [e.g. JUN-07-2022 --> JUN-27-2022].

Here's an example for Tahoe.
1620222428978.png

TravelTime

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
I have been trying to book Costa Rica at the 13 month mark with no success.

TravelTime

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Yesterday there was so much inventory for Ritz Carlton St Thomas. I was able to book 15 nights in June. Even after I booked, there was a lot of inventory left. Now it’s gone, even booking at the 13 month mark. In my experience, the only way to book at the Ritz Carlton St Thomas is to check daily because getting this resort, even at the 13 month mark, seems to be based on luck.

Mroze

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
MKO,MRD,MCV,DCP
WKV,WNA
HYS,HYN,HYB
Yesterday there was so much inventory for Ritz Carlton St Thomas. I was able to book 15 nights in June. Even after I booked, there was a lot of inventory left. Now it’s gone, even booking at the 13 month mark. In my experience, the only way to book at the Ritz Carlton St Thomas is to check daily because getting this resort, even at the 13 month mark, seems to be based on luck.
RITZ: St. Thomas & Tahoe has been fairly okay to book at exactly 13-Months.
SFO & Vail show the most availability and the easiest to book.
Aspen is the most difficult.
Over the last few months, I have been pretty lucky.

1620234806931.png

Mroze

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
MKO,MRD,MCV,DCP
WKV,WNA
HYS,HYN,HYB
I have been trying to book Costa Rica at the 13 month mark with no success.
There is a good deal for Costa Rica is you are open to last-minute.
E.g. MAY: 5-DAYS [STUDIO: 525-DCP] [2BR: 1225-DCP]
There's also availability 2BR for AUG-2021.

1620235395069.png

TravelTime

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
There is a good deal for Costa Rica is you are open to last-minute.
E.g. MAY: 5-DAYS [STUDIO: 525-DCP] [2BR: 1225-DCP]
There's also availability 2BR for AUG-2021.

View attachment 35265

But none of this is for 7+ days. I can always find a few days here and there in CR but rarely have I been able to get 7+ days at a time I want to go.

TravelTime

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
RITZ: St. Thomas & Tahoe has been fairly okay to book at exactly 13-Months.
SFO & Vail show the most availability and the easiest to book.
Aspen is the most difficult.
Over the last few months, I have been pretty lucky.

View attachment 35262

May is shoulder season in Tahoe and it’s easier to get.

Right now San Francisco is a lot easier to get because people are not visiting cities as much.

In terms of St Thomas for 2021, it is easier due to Covid but it’s getting harder for next year.

Mroze

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
MKO,MRD,MCV,DCP
WKV,WNA
HYS,HYN,HYB
But none of this is for 7+ days. I can always find a few days here and there in CR but rarely have I been able to get 7+ days at a time I want to go.
Please ignore. Unable to delete duplicate post.

Last edited:

Mroze

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
MKO,MRD,MCV,DCP
WKV,WNA
HYS,HYN,HYB
May is shoulder season in Tahoe and it’s easier to get.

Right now San Francisco is a lot easier to get because people are not visiting cities as much.

In terms of St Thomas for 2021, it is easier due to Covid but it’s getting harder for next year.
I have stayed at the Ritz St. Thomas 5 times in the last 8 years [Jul/Aug] and have never had problems finding availability.
Even Pre-Covid I have seen SFO availability for all 12-Months anytime I search.

Whenever I have searched [including St. Thomas] I have always seen 21-Days availability at the 13-Month window.

The way the system works is, if there is availability for 3 or 5-Days there is usually much more as what I am seeing is 13+ months out almost touching on 14-Months.
I usually book 5-Days [SUN -> FRI] as that is the best value.

Last edited:

Mroze

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
MKO,MRD,MCV,DCP
WKV,WNA
HYS,HYN,HYB
Right now, looks like the most they have for MAY is 10-Days.
SInce I posted the AUG-Availability disappeard. :(

1620244317951.png

TravelTime

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
I have stayed at the Ritz St. Thomas 5 times in the last 8 years [Jul/Aug] and have never had problems finding availability.
Even Pre-Covid I have seen SFO availability for all 12-Months anytime I search.

Whenever I have searched [including St. Thomas] I have always seen 21-Days availability at the 13-Month window.

The way the system works is, if there is availability for 3 or 5-Days there is usually much more as what I am seeing is 13+ months out almost touching on 14-Months.
I usually book 5-Days [SUN -> FRI] as that is the best value.

That’s interesting that it has been so easy for you to find dates in St Thomas. That has not been my experience. Right now, there is nothing for 7+ nights for St Thomas or Costa Rica. A few days ago, I could have booked 21 days for St Thomas and it wasn’t even exactly at 13 months.

Mroze

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
MKO,MRD,MCV,DCP
WKV,WNA
HYS,HYN,HYB
That’s interesting that it has been so easy for you to find dates in St Thomas. That has not been my experience. Right now, there is nothing for 7+ nights for St Thomas or Costa Rica. A few days ago, I could have booked 21 days for St Thomas and it wasn’t even exactly at 13 months.
Haven't been monitoring Costa Rica.

However, for St. Thomas; like clockwork you will see another 21-Days show up next Tuesday MAY-11-2021.
This will be for Check-In between JUN-08 -> JUN-14 2022.
  • If you choose CHECK-IN as JUN-14-2022 you can book [21-Days out] up to CHECK-OUT of JUL-05-2022.
It will be gone in a matter of minutes [sometimes hours] but it will show up.

TravelTime

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned

However, for St. Thomas; like clockwork you will see another 21-Days show up next Tuesday MAY-11-2021.
  • If you choose CHECK-IN as JUN-14-2022 you can book [21-Days out] up to CHECK-OUT of JUL-05-2022.

Interesting. I will check on May 11. How do you know the new inventory for June will show up on May 11 as opposed to a different day?

Steve Fatula

TUG Member
Reaction score
I got mine on a Tuesday at 9AM. I had been seeing erratic results with things showing up here and there but not on release day. I think it just goes very fast.

Mroze

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
MKO,MRD,MCV,DCP
WKV,WNA
HYS,HYN,HYB
Interesting. I will check on May 11. How do you know the new inventory for June will show up on May 11 as opposed to a different day?
Here's what's available at 9:00am EST

Except for Aspen, there is availability at all the Ritz Carltons.
Also see availabiliat at Costa Rica.
NOTE: All room sizes are available upto 21-Days out [From: JUN-14-2022 --> JUL-04-2022].

Ritz, St. Thomas
1620738509965.png

Ritz, Lake Tahoe
1620738520101.png

Ritz, Vail
1620738528993.png

Marriott, Costa Rica
1620738540833.png

TravelTime

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned

I did not see much availability open up today. Is there a certain time you check?

Sorry, I just saw you said 9 am EST.

Also how do you know when MVC releases new inventory?