• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Daytona Beach Timeshare Observations

borntotravel

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
I was in Daytona Beach last week at Diamond's Daytona Beach Regency (just submitted a favorable review). This was my first stay here in a timeshare resort. Since most of these timeshares have not had reviews in forever, I decided to checkout a number of them to put on my "would or would not stay" list, especially since a lot of them sustained huricane damage a few years ago. I walked into the resorts I was interested in and asked the front desk if I could see an effic. as well as a 1 BR unit. I did not want to see the model and did not talk to the timeshare people. Everyone I went to was most accomodating. Either an employee took me to the rooms or they just gave me the keys. I basically just wanted to know if the rooms were clean and comfortable. Here are my results:

COVE ON ORMOND BEACH: Unfortunately, there was no one available to let me in a room, but the clerk did tell me that the North Tower was in the process of being renovated and should be complete by the end of this year or early next year. All units in this building were being renonvated. Based on that and the looks of the outside of the resort - it is on my list of "would trys".

THE GEORGIAN: I forgot to note why, but I wrote 'NO, NO, NO, NO" next to the resorts name on my list. But it would have been because of musty smell, dirty or run down units/furnishings, and/or horrible mattress.

CASA DEL MAR: I liked the efficiencies. The bed was comfortable and the unit was appealing and clean. The 1 BR had very inadequate lighting and the shower was yulk!

SUNRISE BEACH CLUB: This would depend on the unit. I don't know why the 2008 RCI book calls this a silver crown, the only amenities are a pool, whirlpool and the beach. Anyway, the parking is horrible adn a tight squeeze (would definately expect to get dings in your door panels from other cars). You need a key to get in the very, very small resort - otherwise you need to phone the "front desk" to let you in. Lobby/front desk is a small office - no real lobby. The resort is three floors and all rooms have outside entry like a motel. Real keys are used, not key cards. This resort had major huricane damage and has been nicely repaired. I went into two efficiencies and a 1 BR. The only problem I had with the rooms was that one of them on the first floor had a terrible musty odor. Obviously had not been sufficiently taken care of from hurricane water damage. If I could be guaranteed a room on the second floor that didn't have a musty smell, I would stay here.

AMERICANO BEACH LODGE: Looks dumpy from outside, hallways are very, very narrow and the rooms had a very, very obvious musty odor. I would DEFINATELY not stay here.

DAYTONA RESORT & CLUB: Small and not on the ocean (across the street from direct beach access), all units with balconies, some with ocean views. Units were exceptionally clean and comfortable. Not fancy, but I would DEFINATELY stay here.

I did not go into any of the ones at Daytona Beach Shores, maybe next time. Hope this helps some of you planning a trip to this area. I don't know about you, but I hate making trades into resorts that haven't had reviews in more than a year!