• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

#days over #60 Advanaget MArriot vs non marriott

TUG Member
Reaction score
i want to use my Marriott shadow ridge/studio lock off
to get a 1 bedroom at the marriott grande cheateu on Jan 2,2009-Jan 9,2009

is this correct about 65 days out. I might see a Jan 2,2009 MGC
one bedroom
online with interval international
with my MSR/Lock off
if it is avaialbe

then about 60 days out
any timeshare in the world
including a studio/at a lousy resort
might
see a MGC one bedroom
jan 2,2009
if it is available

if any of this makes my sense. My ultimate question
how many days over the #60
will my MSR lock off studio
have the possibilty of getting a MGC one bedroom
jan 2,2009-Jan 9,2009 with interval internation
vs
a Non Marriott time share
having the possibility
of getting a MGC one bedroom
jan 2,2009-Jan 9,2008 with Interval international

thinze3

Tug Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
You may see a Grand Chateau 1BR ANYTIME with your studio. I can seek 1BR a year out when searching with studios. If your studi week is strong enough and if there are 1BR weeks available, you will see them.

Terry

LAX Mom

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
If you're asking about Flexchange the period is 59 days before check-in. So if you're studio doesn't have enough trading power to pull the week you want in Las Vegas, you won't be able to see one until 59 days prior. Then as deposits become available, the will have a Marriott priority for a few days.

TUG Member
Reaction score
is this a correct statement
my MSR Studio
will see a MGC 1 bedrom
about 60 or 61 or 62 days out
because
I own a marriott
if it is available of course

while non marriott studios
won't see that MGC one bedroom
till 59 days
if one is available
of couse

is this also a correct statement
my MSR Studio
might see a MGC 1 bedroom
several days over the #60
with interval
if my MSR studio has strong trading power

Last edited:

Danette

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Marriott Priority

Is the OP asking about the 24 day priority period Marriotts for other Marriotts? Does that factor in this situation?

gmarine

Tug Review Crew: Rookie
TUG Member
Reaction score
Any studio can see any larger unit at any time providing the studio has sufficient trade power.

When a Marriott is deposited it is typically only available to other Marriott owners for the first 24 days after being deposited.

Dave M

TUG Lifetime Member
Reaction score
Summarizing...

1) Only you and other Marriott owners seeking Marriott-to-Marriott exchange for that Grand Chateau 1BR will be able to see a deposited GC week for the first 24 days after it is deposited with II. (That 24-day period can be shorter - as short as 3 days - during the last 59 days ("Flexchange") before the check-in date for that deposited week.) For an exception, see #2.

2) Your week must have enough trading power (based on how early you deposited, how much in demand your resort is, how much in demand the week you deposited is and a few other criteria) to see the week you want. Thus, some strong trading weeks will see the week you want and some weak trading weeks might not see it. For an exception, see #3.

3) During Flexchange (the last 59 days before your desired check-in), almost all trading power restrictions are lifted and you will be able to see almost any deposited week, even if your week doesn't have much trading power. II's quality filters remain in place and, thus, you won't be able to see a few very high-end timeshares and those timeshares that II deems to be substantially inferior to your Marriott week.

TUG Member
Reaction score
dave M
thank you very much for very very valuable information very much appreciated
my only ?
is #3

I thought any timeshare/any size
at 59 days
can pull anything available
thru interval

are you trying to explain to me
before this can happen
where any timeshare/any size
wil pull anything availabe

The marriott one bedrooms and two bedrooms even at 59 days
are only seen, for the first 3 days in the 59 days
by
marriotts thru interval

then after that 3 days
any timeshare/any size
can see that Marriott one bedroom or marriott two bedroom

Dave M

TUG Lifetime Member
Reaction score
I thought any timeshare/any size at 59 days can pull anything available thru interval
That's generally true, but there are some exceptions, as I stated. An example of a high-end timeshare you might not be able to see is Four Seasons. The reason II blocks very-low-end timeshares from your view is that II wants you to have a good exchange experience, based on what you own. If there is a low-end timeshare that you can't see - at any time - and that interests you, you should call II and ask them to override and block for that resort.

are you trying to explain to me before this can happen where any timeshare/any size wil pull anything availabe
See my statements above.

The marriott one bedrooms and two bedrooms even at 59 days are only seen, for the first 3 days in the 59 days by marriotts thru interval
No. The general rule is that only Marriotts can see deposited Marriotts for the first 24 days. However, during Flexchange that 24-day period is gradually shortened to ensure that if a Marriott owner doesn't confirm an exchange to that deposited week, other non-Marriott owners will have a chance to get the exchange. Thus, for example, the 24-day window might be shortened to 20 days at 50 days before check-in date, 15 days at 40 days before check-in and as short as 3 days when it gets very close to the check-in date for that deposited week. (Only II knows the exact formula.)

then after that 3 days any timeshare/any size can see that Marriott one bedroom or marriott two bedroom
Sort of. After the 24 days (or 20 days or 3 days or whatever the period is at any specific point during Flexchange) any timeshare can see almost any timeshare, with the exceptions I have previously noted.

rthib

TUG Member
Reaction score
There is one right now

I am looking on II using my Shadow Ridge Studio and I see both a studio and 1Bdrm for Jan 2-9, 2009 at MGC right now.

TUG Member
Reaction score
RTHIB
So my Marriott Shadow Ridge/Studio
would
pull
a
Marriott Grande Cheateu/one bedroom today
79 days out?

I thought it was
studio= studio
or
1 bedroom=1 bedroom

till 60 days out

this infomration is incredibly valauble to me

m61376

Tug Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Aruba Surf Club 2 & 3BRs
RTHIB
So my Marriott Shadow Ridge/Studio
would
pull
a
Marriott Grande Cheateu/one bedroom today
79 days out?

I thought it was
studio= studio
or
1 bedroom=1 bedroom

till 60 days out

this infomration is incredibly valauble to me
I think where you are getting confused is the difference between being able to pull and being able to place an on-going request. You cannot place an on-going request for a larger unit (unless the requested exchange only has larger units, as in the case of non lock-out resorts), BUT you can exchange into anything that you can see on-line with your unit. A strong studio may very well pull a 1 BR, esp. a little off season week, far in advance. A weaker studio may only be able to pull the one BR closer in, and a real weak one possibly only during Flexchange.

rthib

TUG Member
Reaction score
I have had luck with Shadow Studio

I normally try and get 2B and have pulled it with my studio side at various time and locations.

I usually use my big side for my own stay at shadow and deposit the studio for trading.

I used my studio for a 2B Nov stay at MGC.
I saw the 2B 60+ days out but didn't pull trigger until a few weeks ago.

Right now looking in the future, I see Studio,1B & 2B at MGC with the studio side of Shaodw Ridge (Platinum season)

Bill4728

Reaction score
I thought it was
studio= studio
or
1 bedroom=1 bedroom

till 60 days out

NO, you can only do an "ongoing search" with a studio for another studio***. BUT if you search for an instant exchange at II online ( intervalworld.com) , if your studio has enough trading power, you should be able to see and exchange for bigger units before the flexchange time period.

*** you can request a bigger unit with an on going search if you request a resort which doesn't have smaller units. ie. a 1 bed unit can request a 2 bed unit at Newport coast since NCV has only 2 bedroom units.

Last edited:

TUG Member
Reaction score
thanks 4 everyone help. I did not make this clear in my threat. I am new marriott resale owner. I closed friday before Labor Day,2008, so till i can get
marriott Vacaton club to recognize my ownership, nothing i can do
right?

about marriott shadow ridge/studio=Marriot GRande Cheateu one bedroom
jan 2,009-Jan 9,2009

rthib

TUG Member
Reaction score
Yep

You are stuck until you get your week unless you can get the previous owner to reserve the time for you.

If you have any other questions about Shadow Ridge etc.. feel free to PM me.