• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Day Passes at Marriott Timeshares

minoter

TUG Member
Reaction score
Do any TUG members have experience with "Day Passes" at their MVCI property. A day pass is pass given to owners that live in the same area as their timeshare and is an opportunity that owners receive from the homeowners association that allows the owner to use the pool, tennis, etc for the day.

Does the homeowners association charge a daily fee for this day pass? Is there an limit on the number of day passes a local resident can receive in a year (season)?

Dave M

TUG Lifetime Member
Reaction score
Every resort has its own rules.

Where applicable, day passes are not limited to those who live in the area. They also apply to an owner who is visiting but staying somewhere other than the home resort. Local residents can get a monthly pass for Grande Ocean.

At Hilton Head's Grande Ocean, I can get a free day pass any time I'm in the HHI area. It allows me to use the Grande Ocean facilities and park on the premises. All I have to do is go to the on-site office. They look up my name to verify I'm an owner and give me the pass.

Beverley

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Day pass issues are more leanient durng off season, however, I have never been turned down at Barony. We stay on HHI for approx one month every summer if we can engineer the trades. We own there and add to our time by trading in. We do not always get the Barony. So we get a day pass so that we can use the facilities and see our friends during the time we are there. We live well out of the local area (Connecticut). There is no charge nor do I think there should be. The one possibility I am aware is that if they are fully booked and have issed a number of passes the management has the ability to turn my request down on a particular day if they feel the resort is too close to max limits for crowds.

Beverley

daventrina

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HVC (Diamond) Platinum HI/US HGV Max
"Maui doesn't allow them because we don't want owners on island to show up with their ice chests and take up all of the room at the pool."

Timber Lodge sales claimed that they allowed day use.

Sandra

Reaction score
Our family has gone to Fairway Villas for the day. I just called ahead, spoke with someone at the front desk and left a message with the GM. We've only used the day pass twice but both times we had a great time. The kids participated in the activities that were offered. We're only 1.25 hours away, so it works for us.

potchak

TUG Member
Reaction score
MAybe I'll call canyon villas here in PHX and check it out once I am an owner! :) I love playing in the pool!

daventrina

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HVC (Diamond) Platinum HI/US HGV Max
potchak said:
MAybe I'll call canyon villas here in PHX and check it out once I am an owner! :)
If it is something that is important to you, it may be better to check it out before your an owner. For us, it is one of the reasons that we decided to sell our Maui Marriott. They refused to allow us day use when we were on island. It's backwards from everything else that we own.

wilma

TUG Review Crew: Elite
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Red Wolf Lakeside Lodge, Hanalei Bay Resort, Sweetbriar Lake tahoe, Marriott Canyon Villas, Hyatt High Sierra, Point at Poipu
They also don't offer the day pass at Waiohai/Poipu. The salesperson told us they did so that we could use the facilities whenever we were in Poipu and that sounded interesting but when I asked the front desk & the manager they said no way, the place gets too crowded. The manager told me that only registered owners & guests can use the pool/oceanfront lounge chairs.

potchak

TUG Member
Reaction score
For Waiohai, the question is, do they really check? We were there last week and I cannot tell you how many people we saw walking through on the "boardwalk" that may or may not have been owners. Lots of surfers use the beach and the foot wash stations, I can't imagine all of them were owners or registered guests.

As for Canyon villas, I was not even aware that Day passes were an option when we decided to purchase, so it is obviously not that important to me. If I get it, GREAT, if not, no harm no foul.

wilma

TUG Review Crew: Elite
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Red Wolf Lakeside Lodge, Hanalei Bay Resort, Sweetbriar Lake tahoe, Marriott Canyon Villas, Hyatt High Sierra, Point at Poipu
potchak said:
For Waiohai, the question is, do they really check? We were there last week and I cannot tell you how many people we saw walking through on the "boardwalk" that may or may not have been owners. Lots of surfers use the beach and the foot wash stations, I can't imagine all of them were owners or registered guests.

The beach is public and there are public access trails so they can't restrict beach use or walking on the boardwalks. I suspect they would check if the surfers/locals started using the lounge chairs or pool. We just wanted to be able to use the lounge chairs near the beach instead of lugging them around from the Embassy.

potchak

TUG Member
Reaction score
I would say try it anyway. It appeared to me that the surfers were using the lounge chairs, and they are pretty obvious with the boards. Of course, I was there a couple of days before memorial day, and it didn't seem to be too busy. We could always find a chair at the beach and pool. Although, if you weren't lugging around a board or a sign that says "I'm staying at Embassy" I would imagine they would have a hard time picking you out as a non guest. I never saw staff asking anyone for the keycards to their rooms for proof. Just a thought.

mjs

TUG Member
Reaction score
potchak said:
I I never saw staff asking anyone for the keycards to their rooms for proof. Just a thought.
/
I have talked to some people who just keep a keycard handy from a previous visit, in case someone asks. Just a thought.

dash

TUG Member
Reaction score
Does anyone know if Desert Springs allows day use for owners?

Dash